Tempest

Trackday Castle Combe 31 May 2014

I'm on a audi a1 club stand. Lol corrado still at the leccy. Go check out the daily

Well I would be more than happy to represent the club tomorrow :-)

what time do you both plan to get there tomorrow?

I don't know yet I was thinking leave cardiff at eight and get there for half 9 - 10 o'clock

ok - I need to wash mine in the morning (had planned to do that this evening but I fell asleep when I got in from work!) so I'm not sure when I'll get there... hopefully not too late though.

I wish I was coming to Combe with you guys, alas I am ****ed in Canterbury so that's very unlikely...enjoy.

Photos please?

I'm there for about 0900ish spent the day cleaning 303 so if you don't mind looking at her from 50 ft away I'll be happy. I think she looks clean from that distance anywhere nearer she looks rough. Nick if you haven't got a pass Bragg your way in. It would be good to semi fill the stand. Faye it's about time we met up. I have sarnies

sorry about the late reply I have been stuck in work

Bragg my way in that could be a tough one but if it is only half full there must be a few passes flying around somewhere?

I will obviously pay for it as someone has gone out of there way to organise all of this

:)

Im looking forward to the day though :)

Shame you can't make it Ben but I'll try to remember my camera.

Be great to see you Oz! I'm not at all prepared for the morning so very unlikely I'll be there at 9...

Nick, I'm not sure about spare passes - I don't have any, sorry.

Glad to know that I'm not going to be the only one there - I was worrying for a while!!

Just arrived home guys. I had a great day and thanks to everyone for being so friendly and welcoming :-)

Yeah it was good to see a few of you, loving L11 VRG 's TH rims!!! Such a shame I couldn't get the 301's to fit the old Storm this morning : ( I'm going to strip them and narrow them so fingers crossed they will be on there for E38 .... 2018 most probably.

Its funny when you think about how rare some cars are unintentionally, I said to my partner that the Red VR6 Auto was way more rare than a Storm! he he

Matt

Thanks all - thoroughly enjoyed today! Good company, Corrados and 3 track sessions makes for a good day in my book. My laps were definitely improving and an avg of 19.5mpg including the 3hr round trip shows I was pushing it so I'm happy!

Remembered my camera but forgot to use it so I'm hoping Dave is going to post some photos...

popped past after work, nice to catch up with a few of you and see Fay take hers round the track! Lines looked good through quarry too! :cool:

Thanks Baz but they wouldn't have done if an instructor hadn't been providing precise advice! Good to catch up with you.

I saw the stand, I've got a few photos. The green vrt? Went well around the track from what I saw! Next time I'll have the corrado. I think there's a show this weekend but I'm at a wedding, next at Combe might be a forge day maybe. I was on the show and shine in the a1. Haha

A great day out and superb fun. I can see how track days can become addictive and financially crippling)! Great to meet some new and old faces. The VRT was performing beautifully for the most part and sounded pretty good from inside the car. Reckon it was the wastegate that got stuck open after my 8th lap of session 2 which that ended my fun, but no damage to the engine or turbo, so a relatively straightforward (and cheap) fix. As Fay says, time spent with the track instructor is never wasted, and gives so much more confidence allowing greater enjoyment. Fay`s car was looking and sounding great from what I saw watching with others at Quarry. Can't beat the sound of an NA VR6 at full chat with a BMC!!

Hey guys did anyone actually upload any of the photos it would be good to see a few :)