luke w

New classifieds feedback thread

The new classifieds are the most infuriating thing I've ever tried to use.

Firstly, I had to resize all my photos because they were too big to upload, then I had to download Google Chrome because I kept getting error messages when I tried to preview my post in both Safari and IE. Then when I finally managed to get an ad ready to post, I get another error message saying I can't post my ad nor save it. In total I've wasted almost an hour of my evening and got absolutely nowhere where as I'd have had my ad posted in minutes with the old system.

Rant over!

The new classifieds are the most infuriating thing I've ever tried to use.

Firstly, I had to resize all my photos because they were too big to upload, then I had to download Google Chrome because I kept getting error messages when I tried to preview my post in both Safari and IE. Then when I finally managed to get an ad ready to post, I get another error message saying I can't post my ad nor save it. In total I've wasted almost an hour of my evening and got absolutely nowhere where as I'd have had my ad posted in minutes with the old system.

Rant over!

I really can't wait to try it now :rolleyes:

Not tried to post a sale ad yet, but it takes ages to load the page if going through the shortcut, and pricing seems to be a little confused for some items? It's good that it has a seller star rating and that will be a great tool for buyers and sellers alike, but I think a few kinks still need to be ironed out.

I eventually managed to post an ad, over an hour after starting! I'm hoping it's just teething problems and they get sorted soon because it's not a fun way to spend an evening.

Not tried to post a sale ad yet, but it takes ages to load the page if going through the shortcut, and pricing seems to be a little confused for some items? It's good that it has a seller star rating and that will be a great tool for buyers and sellers alike, but I think a few kinks still need to be ironed out.

I think I'll wait till the Ironing is done that's what I usually do anyway :lol:

The Classifieds is now an external system, hence the strange loading pauses, etc.

However, I tested Firefox, Chrome and IE and all worked fine without a hitch.

The reason for the file limit is quite simple.

The biggest issue people have is uploading large pictures to the forum.

PHP isn't great at uploads, and the majority of broadband upload is a LOT slower than the download speed, so users tend to forget that uploading a massive file takes 5-10 times longer than downloading it.

If you upload a large file slowly, the server is more likely to time out, then you'll blame the system... Basically, it's always my fault.

So, upload file limit enforced, and stop taking 20 megapixel photos of your headlights ;)

If it's just about re-sizing pic's that's easy even for me I now have more confidence in making my first post in the classiffieds though I have nothing to list at the mo. Thank's Andi for clearing thing's up there.

I hate it when an optional free to use system thats recently been updated doesn't meet my expectations of an easy life.

Me being old,I hate change !

With the old system Tapatalk was so easy to post pics in the for sale forum,never had to re-size a picture yet !

I hate it when an optional free to use system thats recently been updated doesn't meet my expectations of an easy life.

Hehe.. thanks, Baz :)

Guys - we get complaints if we leave the For Sale system alone, and complaints every time we change it. Of course we'll always take complaints on-board but I simply refuse to believe it's that difficult to use. In fact I'm tempted to find some Corrado parts knocking around the house this evening to list for sale just so I can try it for myself.

As Andi already pointed out in the other thread, this system will at least integrate some buyer & seller protection into things with an Escrow system. As far as I'm concerned, if that means a few people find the system a little harder to use, it's a price worth paying.

One thing I am surprised about though is how many people seem to use Tapatalk. I really didn't expect there to be so many folks using it.

It's an app for iPhone and Android which allows you to access forums in a more mobile friendly way.

Harder to control user's view and administer though. It's also quite a security risk so I have to keep on top of updates else access to the forum can become compromised.

But I do this for you guys. Cos I'm nice like that. And occasionally ask you to click the link in my signature lol.

Thanks Andi , think I will stick to my normal iPhone ways when not on the mac at home . Sounds complicated for an old boy like me lol .

Rob

Just tried placing an ad for a centre sunvisor I have for sale (as I have a few bits I need rid of I thought I'd better try the new system). Seems to have worked fine for me - just took a few minutes. I'm working from Firefox, although to be honest I did not try to upload a pic for this ad (will try adding one later and see how that goes).

New classifieds don't show up on Tapatalk ! Not on the timeline or if I go classifieds

I can't see them using Safari on my iphone (unless of course no ones posted an ad for a few days)

:lol:

Edited by Jamie

If only there was a website where you could (for a small fee) upload pictures of any size, create an advert to a wider audience, have a fixed price or regular auction, has a built-in payment system etc, no, wait.....

If only there was a website where you could (for a small fee) upload pictures of any size, create an advert to a wider audience, have a fixed price or regular auction, has a built-in payment system etc, no, wait.....

ha ha ha priceless!!!!!! good on ya kev :D

Er... Kind of already been done by Baz that Kev. Still funny the second time :lol:

agreed! why not leave bidding and feedback and all that to ebay and just keep the old for sale style on here.

If it aint broke, Dont fix it!

Yeah I was just reinforcing Baz's point :D i.e. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, otherwise instead you'll have to use the hand that helps itself to your wallet when you list a part, again when you sell a part, and yet again when you use it's payment system!

The reason for the move to Panjo was to ease the burden and help settle disputes if PayPal is used etc, plus PhP being clunky with attachments Andi said. Being a self managed site, you guys can get on with it and we wouldn't have get drawn into tidying up people's for sale adverts that turn into bickering about pricing etc etc.

We are just trying to help you in the long run, but you have to be willing to embrace change ;)

I've downloaded panjo onto my iPhone and iPad , but have no idea how to find the new classifieds? I'm in no way complaining and have said many times what a great job you all do......very willing to embrace the new system, just need a couple of hints how to, can't find anything that's not priced in dollars?

Hold on - so are you saying the classifieds no longer appear on here?

Hold on - so are you saying the classifieds no longer appear on here?

The button on the top right of the forum - Classifieds...... :)

That's what I've been clicking on Jim but until now it's taken me to what I assumed was the listing page ie where you went to write your advert. All seems fine now though cheers :)