dazzyvr6

Car Insurance contacts

I'm nearly as old as God and i pay £717 Filly Comp but live near the drug dealers which is handy but puts up the premium.

I have a deal with an insurance broker that offers people who buy cars from me at Japspeed.Ltd discount and he's beeten 90% of previous quotes people have had by hundreds usually.

Can always pull strings if you want a quote and see how it goes.

Chris

Just tried most of the insurance contacts listed. Awaiting results from many and gunna call the 0870 ones from work tomorrow. best quote so far is from RAC though kinetic insurance it's £100 cheaper than any other quote so far, amazing.

Well, John over at Brentacre has just saved me £400 on my renewal... 8)

Bye-bye Flux... 8)

Just sorted mine out with Adrian Flux - 28yr old, 7yrs no-claims - £425 fully comp with all mods declared and protected no-claims to boot... Brentacre/Greenlight/Privilege (my previous insurers) - tried 'em all and none of 'em could beat it...

ah, Flux would have beaten John's quote (part of their policy is that they'll beat ANY quote) but I've had enough of being messed about with their agreed policy which turned out to be me paying them £200 extra for them to turn round and say I'd not filled the form in when I actually did (sadly) have to use the policy...

just phoned John at Brentacre he couldn't get near my quote from the RAC, he said it must be a mistake and I should check it again.......no mistake £380 for 25yr old, 3 year NCD, driving 7000miles. That's just for me, unfortunatley the quote went up to £550 when I added the wife. I'm feeling smug now, and the fuel leak is fixed (for now...possibly.....I think/hope).

thats with kinetic insurance through the RAC. HIC gave me a quote with kineic but it was £70 more expensive.

lmfao!

howdoo insurance compaines sleep at night

was with the AA till tonight

they wanted

5 years ncb. 2 non fault accidents. 5000 miles a year. inc commuting

mrs as named driver - 22 years old -no claims or convictions. car worth £2500 garaged with cat2 alarm/immobilsior

AA- £2600 - £450 excess

HIC- £1605 - with the bloke saying - you'll like this quote. unbelievable £450 excess

Directline - £790 - £150 excess

so i insured with Privelage - £633 fully comp - £150 excess

Cheapest I found was Bell Direct.

539.42 for Me(24) and my Mrs(26), with four yrs NCB(protected) for my '91 G60 inc 17" Alloys with 750 quids worth of stereo cover.

Not bad at all, was expecting it to be over 650 golden beer tokens

Just got my renewal quote from Chris Knott using Highway insurance. £900!! That's for me and Alex as named driver, I have 6 years ncb and an sp30.

Been ringing around because I know I can get cheaper. Just rang Flux and they have quoted me £508 from Highway insurance!! The same bloody company but £400 cheaper. How can that be? Insurance companies are a mystery to me?!!

Because you are not dealing with Highway you are dealing with a broker, in this case Flux and Knott, they both add an amount to cover their costs and this will vary.

I believe that insurance companies have a low offer for your first year and then wack it up in the second year on the grounds that some people wont bother to look around for a better deal. In this case Knott's would have had a hefty £400 in their back pocket from you.

I had a similar case when I went to reinsure my 'rocco earlier this year. I was with Elephant but Admiral quoted me about £75 less. What is really stupid is that they are the same company in the same building!

Insurance companies make no sense blackcat...

More than currently have 25% off if you go online at the moment... just got a stonking deal for my missus and myself on her Jeep... 8)

Well Chris Knott are definately not going to have £400 in their back pocket from me!! That kind of money is better spent on the VR in other ways!!

I'm going to ring them tomorrow and see if they're prepared to beat Flux to keep my business but I doubt it very much.....

Cheers for the info Henny but the trouble with online companies is that they won't insure modded cars, you have to ring up and then of course you don't get the discount :x

Holy crap! just got my renewal through for my vr, £379 through Elephlump!!! considering im paying £240 for my modded audi s2 thats a joke!

just a few things I've found when calling around....

Liverpool and Victoria - Won't touch modified cars (company policy)

Elephant.co.uk - Cheap but say the words mod and after they've got all confused they stick you with a £250 addition to the price for having it anywhere near 200bhp

Adrian Flux - What can I say.... cheap, friendly and they knew the mods before I even told them ;)

Brentacre - Same as Adrian Flux, although they couldn't quite beat the price for 3rd party.... good on fully comp though

quinn Direct - Cheaper than Adrian by a good £50, but they insist on an engineers report from the car to insure it if modded. I doubt the hassle of that is worth the while honestly...

Looks like Adrian Flux get the thumbs up again... and only £20 more for it being a left hooker, which in my book is good. Elephant put on about £50 I seem to remember ;)

Just spoke to Quinn Direct. Useless !

They want to know every driving offence i have ever commited (yup thats dates, times, colour of underwear etc.) The last 5 years is good enough for most other companies. I have never been asked about ALL my offences ever ! Quinn wanted me to provide dates and times for things that happened 12 years ago.

THEN they wanted a photocopy of the front and back of my licence BEFORE they would even give me a quote ! A F*kin QUOTE i tells ya.

Told them i couldnt be bothered and would ring one of the several hundred other ins companies which werent so bloody precious.

Anyone else had this crap from Quinn ?

just had the renewal from my broker for my Storm, initally it was to be £545, he called and it is now only going to be £375 fully comp & protected NCD.

Now that a result !!

Old git (42) with no-claims discount for ever.

Actual company is NIG and it is just my local broker

It is always worth shopping around. Personnally I use GreenLight and have done for a number of years but I always have a look round. They also do modified cars.

Brentacre, £476 fully comp, declared all mods, protected NCD. 230 BHP limit. :D , asked about supercharging about £100 more.

Thats Handy to know.. :wink:

James, speak to john or kerry , very helpful guys.

Well dudes check this out, my first yr of owning a corrado VR6 and what did i pay 1360 TF&T and that was for only six mths :shock: :shock: :shock: .....its was the best deal i could find and i was 23 at the time

Give greenlight a call - 01277263030. I had no no claims. (company car since 19) on a storm - ltd miles fully comp for a year cost £1500.

Oh and ive got 6 points.

It aint cheap but it beats your quote.