Jamie

Decided to paint my scuttle in the lounge...

while my girlfriend was out, threw a dust sheet over the settee and put plenty of newspaper down. That'll be a tiny bit of overspray then...

84062B19-860A-46A4-803A-E454ECF1BF65.jpg

D11461F9-8E71-4088-AD14-C34D89EEEC52.jpg

:lol:

what were you thinking! :lol:

move the sofa forward a foot, wrap a massive box in christmas wrapping paper with a label with her name and put it behind the sofa to fill the void. tell the mrs everything has to stay like this till christmas. gives you enough time to sort the floor and think up a gift suitable to put in the box? i'd suggest some old sheets for next time..

haha done this myself on wheels with white plasti-dip that probably came off easier than that tho'

on another note lets see the scuttle ;-)

Hmm, no response from Jamie.... maybe his missus really wasn't happy! :lol:

perhaps he has his hands full laying a new floor ;)

Fear not chums - just call me Mr Winston Wolf

6AAE69B7-E047-4D6A-8D29-8E1FD52EC788.jpg

Unfortunately it was a waste of time as my daughter came home and opened the front door, which blew a load of bits onto the drying surface and it looks crap! Oh yeah I did get asked "Do you know what this black dust is all over the dining room floor?" "Erm... No nothing to do with me..." :lol:

Baron - that was genius. If only I'd read that before I spent an hour cleaning up

Love it, full denial.....that's the tact I would have gone for. Or comment that her cleaning skills had gone down hill then run:rolleyes:

Top effort lad :thumbleft:

can't believe it when she caught me red handed, paint all on the living room floor........(shaggy voice) it wasn't me

Oh lord, the first time I washed car parts in the dishwasher was a fun day.... Amazed I'm still here tbh! :lol:

She's kind of used to it (coming home to find Lambretta engines in bits on the dining table, Type III interiors drying in the bedroom etc) but she's very house proud and still goes nuts about it :lol:

Anyway a pic as requested. It's just a standard SWG scuttle with a bit of satin black to give it a more factory look as the standard gloss finish looks arse

013270EA-302C-485D-A3C6-DB9429F2D153.jpg