zak

Advice on what to do with my car

Hi Guys I used to frequent this forum a lot a few years ago, here's a thread to my car.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=32999&highlight=rs199

Unfortunately I have not been driving it much for the last few years and its been parked up. I recently tried to get it ready for an MOT so I could sell it but the coolant pressurised and the heater matrix gave way. I bypassed the matrix as a temporary fix and this time the coolant came out the expansion tank. Upon further investigation the coolant has also mixed with the oil. I did change the head gasket when I was last driving it so I'm not sure what it could be.

With the car the way it is I'm looking at the best options for moving the car on. I'm sure many corrado owners have faced a similar scenario.

Below are my options in order of preference

1. Sell the car as it is (my preferred option if i can get the right money)

2. Break the car (reluctantly)

3. Fix Car and sell it running

My decision would be based on how much money I could make. The car has a decent spec and there is no doubt breaking it would give me a decent return but at the same time it has excellent body work with only 2 bits of recent rust that have appeared while it was parked up, a small amount on the leading edge of the OSF wing and a small bit on the bottom of the OSR arch where it meets the underbody. Apart from that a good detail would have it looking like it was in its prime. Given this it could be useful for someone looking to do an engine swap and it saves a decent corrado in a nice colour being broken.

Key points about the car are as follows

1. Clean straight presentable body in good condition (2 small bits of rust as mentioned above)

2. BBS rs wheels and tyres 17x8.5 and 17x8 with dunlop sp 900's on the rear and hankooks on the front tyres (need a bit of a repolish a they have been on the car outside)

3. Magnex exhaust

4. vibratechnics engine mount

5. schimmel 263 cams and remapped stealth ecu

6. electric recaro interior

7. schimmel leads

8. KW coilovers

9. 288mmm brakes with redrilled hubs that take 5x112 and 5x100 wheels

10. recent new windscreen

11. well maintained so all bushes ball joints, chains etc were replaced by myself during my ownership

So what does everyone think, would there be interest in my car as it is that saves me breaking it? If so how much could i sell for?

Here pictures of the car as it stands

IMG_5413_zpslpucaun0.jpg

IMG_5412_zpsts1n5bqk.jpg

IMG_5781_zpsqqbvdpbq.jpg

IMG_5780_zpshktp202b.jpg

IMG_5779_zpsfmwgr6nm.jpg

Looks a cracker! I'd get it running and sorted before selling. It'd certainly make strong money with the spec. You'll probably be left a little disappointed with selling it as it is, and I'd say breaking would be a big no no. Its worth putting a little in to get a lot back. :thumbleft:

the cars is well driven with mileage at 208k so I'm not sure if selling it running would command much money

it is a shame you have lost the love zak - it looks a lovely motor, good spec, the right upgrades & recaro's too

mmmmm id like some recaro's!!!

Agree with Sean. If the body and the maintenance is as described above and with the spec it has, I think it would command a good price.

Does look like a nice car. Unfortunately unless you want to invest some time money upfront the best return will likely come from breaking it.

How much would you let it go for as it stands?

Im not sure if this is against forum rules if it is let me know and i will amend my post.

As it is i would want £2500, how much would it be worth fixed? Bear in mind that it has 208k miles and about 6 previous owners but i have owned it for the last 8 years.

Also i'm not sure what would be needed to get it running as i changed the headgasket not long ago so not sure what else would cause the coolant to pressurise and mix with the oil. If i could get a replaccement engine for reasonable money i'd be happy to swap that out in a weekend but i think the chances of finding one are slim

i suspect you would need a garage to give you a rough quote/diagnostic to get it running so the buyer has all the relevant info, no good asking a certain price if the cost of the repair is unknown...personally i wouldn't touch one without knowing whats wrong

get a quote and adjust your selling price accordingly.....or get it fixed and keep it, thats what i would do ;-)

Looks a great car you have. If you do however feel you would break it I would be genuinely interested

in the wheels and rear lights and I can also exchange the wheels and lights so you would sell as a complete car.

I'm a firm believer in saving corrados as they are such a great car, especially ones that just need a new loving owner and some tlc.

If I were you I'd spend a weekend diagnosing it, could be something as simple as an airlock and some condensation in the oil. Plenty of knowledgeable people willing to give advice on here

it really is a great car without doubt, very tight and would be a great buy. Zak is quite the master at polishing so the depth of shine will be second to none.

Wouldn't you get nearly 2k for the interior and wheels?

Can't you sell the interior and put standard cloth in, sell the rs's and fit standard speedlines? You could then sell the car like that?

Hey Zak, hope you're well.

Didn't realise you still had this!

Edited by Abdul

Ahh the amount of vultures on this place!! Zak if you want the best money from it break it mate all this don't break it etc Bollocks your best return would be from doing this mate it's a little sickening this place sometimes.

Hi Guys I used to frequent this forum a lot a few years ago, here's a thread to my car.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=32999&highlight=rs199

Unfortunately I have not been driving it much for the last few years and its been parked up. I recently tried to get it ready for an MOT so I could sell it but the coolant pressurised and the heater matrix gave way. I bypassed the matrix as a temporary fix and this time the coolant came out the expansion tank. Upon further investigation the coolant has also mixed with the oil. I did change the head gasket when I was last driving it so I'm not sure what it could be.

With the car the way it is I'm looking at the best options for moving the car on. I'm sure many corrado owners have faced a similar scenario.

Below are my options in order of preference

1. Sell the car as it is (my preferred option if i can get the right money)

2. Break the car (reluctantly)

3. Fix Car and sell it running

My decision would be based on how much money I could make. The car has a decent spec and there is no doubt breaking it would give me a decent return but at the same time it has excellent body work with only 2 bits of recent rust that have appeared while it was parked up, a small amount on the leading edge of the OSF wing and a small bit on the bottom of the OSR arch where it meets the underbody. Apart from that a good detail would have it looking like it was in its prime. Given this it could be useful for someone looking to do an engine swap and it saves a decent corrado in a nice colour being broken.

Key points about the car are as follows

1. Clean straight presentable body in good condition (2 small bits of rust as mentioned above)

2. BBS rs wheels and tyres 17x8.5 and 17x8 with dunlop sp 900's on the rear and hankooks on the front tyres (need a bit of a repolish a they have been on the car outside)

3. Magnex exhaust

4. vibratechnics engine mount

5. schimmel 263 cams and remapped stealth ecu

6. electric recaro interior

7. schimmel leads

8. KW coilovers

9. 288mmm brakes with redrilled hubs that take 5x112 and 5x100 wheels

10. recent new windscreen

11. well maintained so all bushes ball joints, chains etc were replaced by myself during my ownership

So what does everyone think, would there be interest in my car as it is that saves me breaking it? If so how much could i sell for?

Here pictures of the car as it stands

IMG_5413_zpslpucaun0.jpg

Any reason why its not driven these days?

If its the lost of love then thats fine - any other reason then KEEP IT and read my thread - ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! :thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:

Edited by Wayne2015

I used to use it for commuting 120 miles a day, for which it's not the ideal car. It got peppered with stone chips so I had the front end re sprayed and bought another car for commuting. since then got married and bought a house which needed renovation so just didn't have the time for the car. In hindsight I should have just sold it when it came out the bodyshop as it drove perfectly and the bodywork was as good as it had been