Roger Chatfield

Front VR6 Badges, Red and Silver stickers

Ok guys following on from Robs 'feeler' post..

Rob is really busy with work atm so I've picked up the baton for the time being.

So today I went and saw the printer, there was a slight issue with the PDF file but that is now sorted.

I've had a red and silver vinyl cut and I must say I've pleased with the results.

I've fitted mine (silver) already.

My badge before.

IMG_5091_zps427gynob.jpg

Little sand down to remove a few lumps..the OE silver coating is very thin.

IMG_5093_zpsdidu0rlx.jpg

First letter on, you can see how similar to OE it is.

IMG_5094_zpsuj5whvrs.jpg

Finished result.

IMG_5095_zpsadym05bb.jpg

And fitted.

IMG_5096_zpshb1fwjxe.jpg

I'm very pleased with the way the silver has come out, I've sent the red to Rob for him to confirm the colour is correct, if he is happy I'll be ordering up a batch.

So far these have cost me £5 each, they should come down a bit if I order enough so with postage I'm hoping to get these to your door for £5, any profit will be donated to the forum.

EDIT (25/11/15)

Rob has now confirmed that the red is good to go so we are ready to place an order.

Price is £5 per sticker delivered to your door.

IMG_1421%203.jpg

PM me for payment details ect.

Rog.

Edited by Roger Chatfield

Rog they look superb!!!

cracking result :D

definitely pls put me down for a set, maybe two TBC

do you think there would be similar success for the re-silvering of the rear corrado script badge? im sure many of us have those fading

Rog, don't need them for mine, but I'm a sucker for collecting those just in case bits.....

So I will take one set in silver please...

Let me know when you want a fiver.

I'd be up for 1 of each too Rog, will be down around New Year so I can collect em from you then mate!

:thumbleft:

Hi Rog, look great! What was the issue with the PDF i sent?

The sizing and image was spot on, its just that you used illustrator so the cutter actually sees it as loads of individual lines instead of one image so struggles to cut out the image clean, also there was an additional line on the top of the 6 that needed removing, no major dramas just needed a little tweak.

Anyway he has the image now so it should reduce the price when we want more.

Rog.

The sizing and image was spot on, its just that you used illustrator so the cutter actually sees it as loads of individual lines instead of one image so struggles to cut out the image clean, also there was an additional line on the top of the 6 that needed removing, no major dramas just needed a little tweak.

Anyway he has the image now so it should reduce the price when we want more.

Rog.

ok good. It was a bit of a faff to be honest, i had to trace it in cad programme then open in illustrator and save as PDF so must have missed the line. Anyways, glad its sorted now..

ok good. It was a bit of a faff to be honest, i had to trace it in cad programme then open in illustrator and save as PDF so must have missed the line. Anyways, glad its sorted now..

You did a good job mate, thanks for the effort, this whole project would not have been possible without the art work.

Rog.

Rog and I talked about this during the week . A massive thanks to you mate , for taking this over . The only thing I need to check is the colour . Now I went online and the answer came back as Tornado red . So I'm presuming that this is correct . I have a G60 badge in my possession which should be the same colour . The only thing to do after that is sorted is Bung AGB a drink , which I will sort out . It's the least I can do seen as Rog has sorted the proccess out for something I started and the time it took to sort the art work size .

Rob

Well done guys, looks like some hard work has been put in here. Sell like hot cakes springs to mind! Another niggle of Corrado ownership sorted out.

Just a shame it's taken so long . I was told by the graphic shop , that you can't scan the badge . It was in the van when I picked my daughter up , who studies graphic design . She looked at it and said why not ? . Then AGB sorts it straight away . If you don't want the job just say so !

Evening chaps .

I have received the red sticker from Rog . It fits like a glove . I will put a pic up as soon as poss . I uploaded the photo from my phone to my Mac , it's in my photos on my Mac . But when I go on Photobucket and look in my photos it's not there ? . After trying to find the pic for half an hour I gave up ! . Hopefully it will appear tomorrow and I will post it up . What I will say is , I would advise to buy at least two or three . The reason for this is , when you are gently pulling the sticker from its background you have to be careful not to stretch it . Also laying it on the badge is a one off chance , get it wrong and it's difficult to peal it back and start again . My attempt was fine , but when you see the pic , you will see that the V is slightly out . So it's better to have backups just in case you get it slightly out . I will get the pic up ASAP , so you can check the colour and your happy .

Kind regards and many thanks to Rog ,

Rob

Ok, Rob has now confirmed that the colour and fit for the red is good so I think we are now ready to place an order.

Now Rob did say that maybe you should get a spare in case of a fitting error, sounds like a good idea but I'd say it's probably not needed, the sticker shop now has the correct artwork on their system and I now know the correct colours so I can get additional stickers printed up at any time, also I'll probably order up a few extras as I think there will be a small constant demand for these.

Price...the original test pieces cost £5 each, future orders should be a bit less but I will have to add postage on top so I'm thinking if I still charge a fiver each then that should cover the postage, if there is any profit I'll donate it to the forum.

I plan to place an order in the next few weeks so I think the best plan is for folk who want badge stickers to PM me for payment details etc.

Rog.

Im trying soooooooo hard to put a pic up @@!!!!!!!TT^^T^%%%. I think my mac has a life of its own . I cant understand why i have imported the pic eight times off my phone , ive put it in an album four times , when i go on Photobucket i cant find the album , in my albums . I will end up in a straight jacket or i will put a hammer through this computer . I hate tech stuff , i never had any problems in the past , why now ???

Similar issues mate when I access photobucket through my iPad, works fine on my phone(iPhone 6) but on the iPad it's a nightmare, all the pictures seem to be in separate albums which need unlocked to use

I'm now taking payments, if you have paid me please make sure you are on the paid list in the very first post, if you are not please let me know.

Many thanks

Rog.

Sent you a PM Rog, but unsure if it's got there? I've had a PM go missing overnight(not this one) so could you let me know if you got it please :)

PM sent - I would like two G60 as well please in RED - by two I mean one for the front and rear. I am not sure if these badges are different sizes?

Only thing is a revamped G60 badge will leave my 'supercharged' badge at the rear looking a little neglected by comparison. But at least we know now that the colour is VW Tornado red so I might work something out there with my skilled hands.