Jim

Sooo... anybody see the new Star Wars yet?

I won't post up any spoilers or anything but it was fantastic fun. Packed with action, looked amazing, had a pretty good story & script with some good comic relief along the way, and was way more in keeping with the original Star Wars movies than Episodes I/II/III by a country mile.

I can't imagine many fans of the originals would be disappointed with it at all. Well well worth a watch.

I know Rog has been . I hope to go soon . Great news that it's more in keeping with the original . I was eight years old, when starwars first appeared on our cinema screens in 1977.

Not seen any of them before.

:scratch: Where have you been hiding....... maybe in a Galaxy far far away

:scratch: Where have you been hiding....... maybe in a Galaxy far far away

In his garage rebuilding his VR..... since 1977

I took my boy to see it lastnight and was really impressed great film with a few surprises ,

Not seen any of them before.

I haven't seen any before either. I know I'm in the minority but it's not the type of film I enjoy.

It's not strictly true I suppose, I saw and liked the one with the furry fellas when I was a kid, but not seen any otherwise.

In his garage rebuilding his VR..... since 1977

I wasn't even born by then :lol:

Never really appealed to me, every time i've seen a little bit of one its people in a spaceship pretending to "nail it wookie" or whatever they say or just chaos in a big warehouse with a lot of pretend laser noises.

I haven't seen any of them either. I think the mainstream like to perpetuate the illusion that this franchise is more popular than it actually is to try and regain a diminishing popularity and gain maximum revenue. Milk it for all it's worth so to speak. Many people I know couldn't care less about and I personally have no interest in fantasy sci-fi, as it's only illogical. (Spock right?)

Been given these today from a guy at work, i may try to watch them over xmas, see what all the fuss is about.

20151218_150013.jpg

Yeah avoid Jaja binks at all costs - almost turned me into an axe murderer

Agreed. Forget about Episodes 1-3 - they were pants.

Agreed. Forget about Episodes 1-3 - they were pants.

Don't lie. You do endless repeats of all the love scenes. Thank god Lukas no longer writes the scripts. Or does he? Fans rave on about 3, 4 and 5 but Ewoks, seriously? Dwarves in teddy bear suits. No better or worse than Haha Stinks.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

I haven't seen any of them either. I think the mainstream like to perpetuate the illusion that this franchise is more popular than it actually is to try and regain a diminishing popularity and gain maximum revenue. Milk it for all it's worth so to speak. Many people I know couldn't care less about and I personally have no interest in fantasy sci-fi, as it's only illogical. (Spock right?)

Yeah, but the Millennium Falcon, X-wing and Tie fighters are cool right :thumbleft:

CazzaVr might have a view on this :)

Another 1 in the I've never watched it brigade. I grew up in Africa and played outside so maybe that has something to do with it.

Yeah, but the Millennium Falcon, X-wing and Tie fighters are cool right :thumbleft:

CazzaVr might have a view on this :)

I had to google all of those. I remember owning a millennium falcon back in the late 80's and i'm positive I buried it in my back garden.

Went to see it this afternoon with the kids - good film.

Added bonus - Green Storm parked at Showcase, Nottm - not mine! - N666 ***

I had to google all of those. I remember owning a millennium falcon back in the late 80's and i'm positive I buried it in my back garden.

Shame , you could have sold it and retired by now . Lol.

Been given these today from a guy at work, i may try to watch them over xmas, see what all the fuss is about.

20151218_150013.jpg

Best of luck with the surgery big boy :lol::lol::lol: