Jim

Chris Gaskells old Storm on Autotrader - 17K!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603101815616/sort/atcustom/postcode/cv22rr/radius/1500/make/volkswagen/model/corrado/page/1/usedcars

So disappointing :( I know ChrisL had to sell it on due to a change of circumstances but I am sure he said it had gone to a local collector. Guess they felt they could make a quick buck out of it.

It's great for Corrado prices, etc etc but it's just a shame that this car didn't end up in the hands of an enthusiast and stay there for another 10/15 years at least :(

Maybe if we are lucky we can see it fitted with air ride and some 18" rims next.

That's sad to see a dealer has it.. Let's hope the new owner loves it as much as Chris... Not sad about the price... I would of been tempted to buy it off Chris if I'd known, but not at the dealer price.

Mines never going to be sold on its in my will :)

It certainly is in substantially better condition than the Corrado in the VW Museum in Wolfsburg!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603101815616/sort/atcustom/postcode/cv22rr/radius/1500/make/volkswagen/model/corrado/page/1/usedcars

So disappointing :( I know ChrisL had to sell it on due to a change of circumstances but I am sure he said it had gone to a local collector. Guess they felt they could make a quick buck out of it.

It's great for Corrado prices, etc etc but it's just a shame that this car didn't end up in the hands of an enthusiast and stay there for another 10/15 years at least :(

Maybe if we are lucky we can see it fitted with air ride and some 18" rims next.

The car did end up in the hands of an enthusiast Jim and I've no doubt it was sold on in good faith that it was going to another enthusiast/collector.. But things don't always turn out how we would all like it to!

No, indeed Bill - again, not criticising ChrisL at all as I'm absolutely sure he sold it on in good faith. Just wondering what happened with the guy who bought it from him though!

There's a difference between asking and getting. Anybody pays that there mad regardless of how nice a condition it is.

Unfortunately it was the right thing to do at the time, I actually sold the car in October. I work in the oil and gas industry and although the low oil price is great at the pumps, it's crap for everything else.

It wasn't an easy decision to sell the car as it is a complete one-off but needs must and as a result I'm mortgage free.

The car was sold to a guy fairly local who had actually tried to get me to sell it just after I bought it. His intention to store it away. I've text him and it's still his but trying to sell it through a dealer I think. Maybe he bought it all along with the intention of making some money. He has certainly put 50% on the purchase price! I can't honestly see it selling for that price, but who knows.

One bonus, if someone is willing to pay the asking price then I can't see them putting big wheels in and lowering it.

As long as it's looked after, I don't suppose it matters who has it. It does need to be driven though as its a shame not too.

Good luck for the future Chris.

It's great feeling being debt free. Paid my house of 10 years ago.. I think is still owe a pound. Not worked out which brick I don't own yet.

Thanks.

I wanted to pay it off by the time I was 40 and I did, it's just a shame it was at the expense of the car.

so sorry you had to sell the car chris and hopefully ends up in the arms of a corrado like minded folk like we are.

It is a superb car and that can be shown by the pictures of the underneath

although its getting towards the price of what the car sold for originally the thing to think about is this is if not almost in the same condition it left the showroom.

My father has a nearly 30 year old morgan and its worth pretty much the same price he paid for it (new)! So why not it be right for a vw corrado

If the Corrado is to become a true classic rather than mere curiosity then the price is probably not unreasonable.

So wish I was in the market - what an amazing car - good luck finding the right home and owner - I reckon its worth the money

Shame it had to go Chris but I also work in the oil & gas sector & we're all a bit jittery too! That said oil is on the up again, petrol too.

I followed the thread on this car & the attention to detail was incredible & I think the dealer price is not unrealistic for such a car. The last Corrado rolled off the production line some twenty years ago so in 'classic' terms not that old really. Prices, for good one's, will continue to be strong & as they become fewer in number that will help also. My only worry is the scarcity of parts!

Good luck for the future, & you never know, you may have another one yet!

Wow, that was quick considering how much it was listed for! I don't doubt that at least a couple of grand was knocked off it, but that's still a huge price! Just goes to show there are people out there willing to pay top prices for the right car!

Gone to a good home at least . Agreed Sean, if it's the right car and it's in the best condition, the price has to be paid .

Wow!! That's great news for the rest of us. It will make justifying the repair costs to the Misses at lot easier!

Wow!! That's great news for the rest of us. It will make justifying the repair costs to the Misses at lot easier!

nice one Mark