ozowen

Who's watching Car SOS

Just beginning to watch the latest Car SOS and ok it's not a VW but who's got a soft spot for the MK1 Astra GTE........if I had the wonga to do this I'd start a car hire company with the brand name being 'A blast from the past' and I'd buy all those 80's hot hatches that I wished I'd driven; other than owning a Mk3 XR3 and then trading it in for a MK2 XR2, before finally finding my love and passion with firstly the MK2 GOLF GTi and then the beloved Blackberry Corrado's VR6. So any backers out there call me, I reckon in the right location with the right cars, we'd be onto a winner.

My list

MK2 Golf GTi 16v

RS1600i

205 1900

Mk1 Astra GTE

5 Turbo

Charade Gtti

Imagine the fun hiring these for the day and reliving your youth

I enjoyed that episode last night. Great car for sure, but if I'm honest I prefer the mk2 Astra GTE. That Lotus Carlton would be on my bucket list to drive too!

I enjoyed that episode last night. Great car for sure, but if I'm honest I prefer the mk2 Astra GTE. That Lotus Carlton would be on my bucket list to drive too!

Loved the Astra GTE mk2. I'm showing my age I was into nova sr's and GTE when I was learning to drive.

I missed it last night but was definitely a fan of the mk1 gte, will watch it when I can.

That is a list of great cars up there 8)

yeah cracking business idea but I think insurance may be an issue and cars returning back in one piece also!

Loved the Astra GTE mk2. I'm showing my age I was into nova sr's and GTE when I was learning to drive.

I had a few nova sr's and a mk2 astra gte, loved the digi dash 8)

me too

in fact i had a 'breathed' on 1.4SR nova when i was 21 - my word it was fun to drive!! but god damn it used to eat rear wheel bearings for breakfast lol

to this day, no matter what car i have tried with, i still have not been able to match the speed at which i got it to go through the S bend section of the clover leaf highway by where i live. it was like it was on rails.

i used to run bridgestone S02's on it & they are definitely my favourite tire of all time, stunning in the dry & 99% as good in the wet

i still wish i had not written it off & still had it today - ive got a picture somewhere at home, i will try & scan it & post it

i recall they used to squeeze the 3 litre turbo lumps out of the astra into the nova, that was a weapon i would still like even now lol

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Just beginning to watch the latest Car SOS and ok it's not a VW but who's got a soft spot for the MK1 Astra GTE........if I had the wonga to do this I'd start a car hire company with the brand name being 'A blast from the past' and I'd buy all those 80's hot hatches that I wished I'd driven; other than owning a Mk3 XR3 and then trading it in for a MK2 XR2, before finally finding my love and passion with firstly the MK2 GOLF GTi and then the beloved Blackberry Corrado's VR6. So any backers out there call me, I reckon in the right location with the right cars, we'd be onto a winner.

My list

MK2 Golf GTi 16v

RS1600i

205 1900

Mk1 Astra GTE

5 Turbo

Charade Gtti

great list :)

i nearly brought a red pug 205 1.9 GTI with a full Dimma body kit on it, crazy looking it was & i wonder what it would be worth now

fiesta RS Turbo's used to be rather smart too IIRC

I love me an old Vauxhall, they are still pretty affordable to. Compared to the old fords which are sky rocketing beyond ridiculous now. Don't really care much for the programme, not my sort of thing.

My list

MK2 Golf GTi 16v

RS1600i

205 1900

Mk1 Astra GTE

5 Turbo

Charade Gtti

Only problem is id be driving them not hiring them and if anyone did take one out id follow them to make sure they treated it right lol

I had a few nova sr's and a mk2 astra gte, loved the digi dash 8)

Forgot about the Nova SR but you saying that I'd probably put in my list the MK1 Fiesta Supersport granted not that fast but I just like the look of it

me too

in fact i had a 'breathed' on 1.4SR nova when i was 21 - my word it was fun to drive!! but god damn it used to eat rear wheel bearings for breakfast lol

to this day, no matter what car i have tried with, i still have not been able to match the speed at which i got it to go through the S bend section of the clover leaf highway by where i live. it was like it was on rails.

i used to run bridgestone S02's on it & they are definitely my favourite tire of all time, stunning in the dry & 99% as good in the wet

i still wish i had not written it off & still had it today - ive got a picture somewhere at home, i will try & scan it & post it

i recall they used to squeeze the 3 litre turbo lumps out of the astra into the nova, that was a weapon i would still like even now lol

The Vauxhall red top engine was apparently very good for upgrading probably on a par with the VAG Bam engine for tunability

great list :)

i nearly brought a red pug 205 1.9 GTI with a full Dimma body kit on it, crazy looking it was & i wonder what it would be worth now

fiesta RS Turbo's used to be rather smart too IIRC

Whilst in the mob, a colleague spent nearly 3k putting a full on dimma kit on his 205 snag is it would have been better spent on the mechanics of the car but could teach him

Fiesta RS Turbo nice but hated those 3 spokes alloys

I love me an old Vauxhall, they are still pretty affordable to. Compared to the old fords which are sky rocketing beyond ridiculous now. Don't really care much for the programme, not my sort of thing.

I agree about not caring for the programme I hate The way they show Tim trying to blag things I tend to watch the beginning then wizz to the end.......thank god for virgin media and taping everything; I've forgotten what adverts are as the are seen at x128

Charade gtti - drove one back in 95. What a crackingly fun drive!

It was my little sis first car.........yep it was written off........ I googled the Gtti as I couldn't remember how to spell daihatsu even though I've just done it now (bloody drink) and on pistonheads there was or still is one for sale at 9500 with 27k on the clock

Edited by ozowen

Only problem is id be driving them not hiring them and if anyone did take one out id follow them to make sure they treated it right lol

If Lady Luck ever shines on me then I do think I'd go for this; ok Bearing someone writing one off if you bought the rights ones even if the business never took off you'd defo get the money back selling them later on........... Just need a part backer and a bloody fantastic mechanic......living next to the Cotswold I'm already in a great driving location and chuggs when they went out I would be the lead car in Meld taking them round the route and when I booted it,they could; so it would be controlled

Edited by ozowen

Sounds like a great dream and hopefully reality one day

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great dream and hopefully reality one day

A friend of yours has see my meld, I was at auto electrix and a guy stopped and chatted to me saying a friend had a similar colour c with 55k on the clock

That's me... had a new alarm fitted there.... 56K now

My 2nd car was a red Nova GTE, bought it in 1994 when I was 18.

My 2nd car was a red Nova GTE, bought it in 1994 when I was 18.

Nice.. I guess we're similar age 40. My second car at 19 was a j plate corrado 1.8 16v with recaros bought it with 20k miles on the clock. Had to make do with it as I really wanted a golf gti mk2 in oak green

My mate had an Astra SR mk2, quite a decent car though he had it stolen 3 times !!

Very easy to nick !

Got it back each time in gradually worse state.

He wrote it off in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mate had an Astra SR mk2, quite a decent car though he had it stolen 3 times !!

Very easy to nick !

Got it back each time in gradually worse state.

He wrote it off in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they were all a bit too easy to pinch around this era. My Dad had a Cavalier GSI that was stolen 3 times too. Luckily it was a company car so he got to give it back after 2 years!

Nice.. I guess we're similar age 40. My second car at 19 was a j plate corrado 1.8 16v with recaros bought it with 20k miles on the clock. Had to make do with it as I really wanted a golf gti mk2 in oak green

Yep, the big 40! I sold the nova GTE privately to buy a red 1.8 16v corrado but turned out to be a right off so ended up with a 3 series bmw.... What a mistake