StormyTommy

Heater matrix, OEM supplier

Heater matrix started leaking earlier this year, I by-passed it at the time, but it's getting cold so now planning to take on job of replacing it.

Want to get decent quality replacement so it lasts another 20 years :). Various sites have them listed for approx £25-35. Old posts on the forum recommend to get a Valeo OEM one from GSF.

GSF's Ebay shop has a 'premium' quality one, manufacturer not specified for £50.52.

GSFcarparts.com for what seems to be same one - GSF part # : 178VG0041 for £67.27 .

VW part # : 1H2819031A / 1H2819031B

I phoned GSF Ebay department to see if it’s a Valeo one. When I gave the registration he told me it would not fit as it only went up to 7/1995 and mine's 11/1995.

I thought 7/1995 was probably when manufacturing of the Corrado stopped, but, he said going by data on his screen he couldn’t say this one would fit. We never got into discussing who made it.

Does anyone know if this is the correct part and if its still a Valeo one or got any other advice on availability of an OEM matrix supplier?

Heater matrix started leaking earlier this year, I by-passed it at the time, but it's getting cold so now planning to take on job of replacing it.

Want to get decent quality replacement so it lasts another 20 years :). Various sites have them listed for approx £25-35. Old posts on the forum recommend to get a Valeo OEM one from GSF.

GSF's Ebay shop has a 'premium' quality one, manufacturer not specified for £50.52.

GSFcarparts.com for what seems to be same one - GSF part # : 178VG0041 for £67.27 .

VW part # : 1H2819031A / 1H2819031B

I phoned GSF Ebay department to see if it’s a Valeo one. When I gave the registration he told me it would not fit as it only went up to 7/1995 and mine's 11/1995.

I thought 7/1995 was probably when manufacturing of the Corrado stopped, but, he said going by data on his screen he couldn’t say this one would fit. We never got into discussing who made it.

Does anyone know if this is the correct part and if its still a Valeo one or got any other advice on availability of an OEM matrix supplier?

I think that's just a case of GSF reading whatever is on the screen. As far as I understand it the heater matrix is a common / universal part across all models of Corrado though happy to be proven wrong on that.

Valeo is a good part to use and I think was an OE supplier. I believe this is the correct model number of heater matrix for the Corrado:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VALEO-812031-Heater-Matrix-for-VW-SEAT-SKODA-AUDI-/391382035311?nma=true&si=nQADEJvkTnhR5UvX9CIrazPj8uU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

So just buy from anywhere where you can find that exact model / code.

Thanks Jim, the part number in your link (VALEO 812031) led me to a forum posting "Hella Heater Matrix. Are they any good?" where someone had fitting issue with the GSF premium part.

There was a supplier listed in there http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/ which have the Valeo one.

There was some confusion over part numbers as they were saying 812030 was the correct part, that post says part ending '30' is the LHD version and '31' is RHD.

I've ordered 812031 from them so fingers crossed it’s the 'right' one.

They are based in Germany, estimated to get here in a week, cost just under £50 with shipping.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

I ordered the premium part from GSF a couple of years back but it was a FEBI heater matrix managed to track down a valeo one elsewhere via ebay

I got a premium one from GSF a couple of years back and that was a Behr/Hella one. Fitted perfectly and came with a new foam gasket too.

I got a premium one from GSF a couple of years back and that was a Behr/Hella one. Fitted perfectly and came with a new foam gasket too.

Hi Sean, seems that GSF vary which brands they sell, but anyway they said my car wasn’t on their supported list.

The one I ordered only arrived today, turns out it wasn’t in stock and they had to get it in from Valeo.

Don't know if it’s the right one yet, but its come with a foam gasket that fits around the inlet/outlet pipes, also a rectangular foam gasket and a length of adhesive backed foam.

I ordered the premium part from GSF a couple of years back but it was a FEBI heater matrix managed to track down a valeo one elsewhere via ebay

Hi Jon, I'd done some searching before finding Bestpartstore, didn’t find a lot of choice for suppliers of Valeo, there was one described as a genuine VW part for £110.

I'm trying the partial dash out method described in a few postings, I've got some of it done. Hopefully over the weekend I'll get the heater box out and this one will fit ok.

Hi Jon, I'd done some searching before finding Bestpartstore, didn’t find a lot of choice for suppliers of Valeo, there was one described as a genuine VW part for £110.

I'm trying the partial dash out method described in a few postings, I've got some of it done. Hopefully over the weekend I'll get the heater box out and this one will fit ok.

I did mine without removing the whole dash definitely do able

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's exactly the same as a mk3 Golf matrix. That was even used as an upgrade for Corrados originally as they were known to be a bit stronger, so if GSF list one for them, it'll fit your car. Helps widen the search pool for a good quality one too if you use mk3 Golf instead of Corrado.

Not sure if you got a matrix yet, but I have a Valeo one that I got shipped over from Germany a couple of months back sitting in my garage. If you want it - I still have it! I think I paid £95 for it, but wouldn't want anything like that for it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you got a matrix yet, but I have a Valeo one that I got shipped over from Germany a couple of months back sitting in my garage. If you want it - I still have it! I think I paid £95 for it, but wouldn't want anything like that for it...

I'd be interested if the OP isn't :)

I'd be interested if the OP isn't :)

Will look it out later today and take a couple of photos - part numbers etc...

Ooo its very nice. And will sell straight away. GLWS

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

How does £50 posted sound?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good to me mate, just remind me of your details and I'll get you paid :)

Sounds good to me mate, just remind me of your details and I'll get you paid :)

Sent you a message...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For people's info..Mister-Auto do sell that Valeo one on ebay. Same part number 812031 listed for passat seat skoda. ... £51.68 bargain

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I did mine without removing the whole dash definitely do able

Yes the partial dash out method worked for me so far - I got the heater box out ok.

I'm waiting on delivery of self adhesive foam to refurb the flaps and joints.

Going to get everything cleaned in the meantime ready to go back in.

It's exactly the same as a mk3 Golf matrix. That was even used as an upgrade for Corrados originally as they were known to be a bit stronger, so if GSF list one for them, it'll fit your car. Helps widen the search pool for a good quality one too if you use mk3 Golf instead of Corrado.

I wasn't sure they were the same; probably why my search didn’t find that many. All ok now as the one I got appears ok.

Thanks for the offer (I see you've got it sold now), but I already got one.

Mine looks exactly like the one in your pictures including the packaging and extra pieces - which is reassuring me that it is a genuine Valeo, I was puzzled as to why there was no part number stamped on the unit only on the box, but that must be the way they do it.

I've also compared it to the one I took out and both look the same.

It cost £50, but took about 10 days for delivery.

These are obsolete now or there is none in stock anywhere. 

I think NRF would be my next choice over Hella (now Mahle) . 

I got a Valeo one delivered today off an ebay seller but I believe it be fake so sent it back as had no stamps on the casings .and looked nothing like the pictures above. 

The box had been opened up before as well . In picture just one seal . 

BE4F1644-4CF8-4BB3-AF1A-568D2EE5A17B.jpeg

95ABF45D-F7BF-4B14-B9E8-BDC3BD77DB79.jpeg

2E56E862-EECC-48B4-A6E2-75CD752F7F9C.jpeg

Edited by Keyo