Geeba

Rescued White VR!

be interested to see how you get on with this.
Shouldn't really be a problem... Just finding the plug.. but I imagine it's standard across the MK4 range.. af93bdaad54ed5583361daa7450890a8.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Shouldn't really be a problem... Just finding the plug.. but I imagine it's standard across the MK4 range.. af93bdaad54ed5583361daa7450890a8.jpg

Casings are the same.. just a bit more modern looking.. bdcecb58ab7f422e0a58ee11b089600c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using TapatalkComes with the pulley Jim

Edited by Geeba

Does it have the same number of ribs on the pulley? Don’t dispose of your old one until you’re sure you don’t need to swap the pulleys over

Does it have the same number of ribs on the pulley? Don’t dispose of your old one until you’re sure you don’t need to swap the pulleys over

bugga

Didn't check Dox... was spending more time looking at the fitment, Euro kept the old one.

I think the MK4 will have a freewheeling pulley and an extra rib? Count the ribs on your crank pulley and compare?

Bosch MK4 just returned to Euro - original VR6 one ordered in 120amps

Very understanding Euro Car Parts manager did the more expensive VR one for the same price.

Hopefully a happy ending. Well done in sorting this

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've just realised its my fault, sorry! I was reading another thread and replied to your one here, but it was on the starter motor!

The mk4 4mo starter motor is an exact fit, not the alternator! :bonk: Apologies for causing you such hassle mate!

is the pulley right? I've got a spare in the garage, just need to check and see if its got the right number of grooves.

Thanks Neil,

Its really hit a wall at the moment unfortunately due to a change in life... I did strip and clean all the front lights a couple of weeks ago, but its not progressed in a while.

The engine is at a mates place in Silverstone along with the gearbox, and the car is at my Mums on axle stands waiting for me to put the suspension and engine back in... hoping to get a bit done on it before the end of the summer, but I wont be running around in it as I expected to be :(

I need to update this thread as well - I've been taking pictures but its a bit more tricky to add them now..

Not yet, it's off having an MOT, still not sure it was a good idea, life took a bit of a detour.... a rather expensive detour, but hey ho 265Bhp and a DSG box made me smile :D

But as the Audi was doing less than 4,000 a year it does seem a bit of a waste of money, also last winter the Audi was absolutely amazing... I can remember being out in the snow and just driving round people that were going nowhere! not a stop and help situation of course which I would of done. Longitudinal Quattro, a first turn of the key car from the day I collected it many years ago... I will miss it.