Geeba

Rescued White VR!

You still using the guy in bishop stone ?

Yeah - he can be a bit slow, but seems to do an ok job.

Tapatalk seems the easiest way to put photos on these days

69f9b4989cc634649b57f9a3191b1445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop teasing geeba. Put a picture of your spare gauges as well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tapatalk seems the easiest way to put photos on these days

69f9b4989cc634649b57f9a3191b1445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much easypops?

I cant get my head round tapatalk... I'm a tech and I find the app dire....

I only use it for pics, dreadful to browse with.............

Stop teasing geeba. Put a picture of your spare gauges as well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Which ones? :lol:

Not for sale mate, going in my red vr, just teasing Geeba :lol:

Pure evil

Looks ace. Can't wait to get to this. Seems I'm stuck still cleaning the underside as it'll be pointless putting nice shiny bits back onto a filthy bottom! lol.

Why has no one mentioned about the F40 engine! What is that doing there!? :crazyeyes:

Looks ace. Can't wait to get to this. Seems I'm stuck still cleaning the underside as it'll be pointless putting nice shiny bits back onto a filthy bottom! lol.

Why has no one mentioned about the F40 engine! What is that doing there!? :crazyeyes:

Just done a dry assembly... I'm also in the middle of cleaning up the engine bay.. not a great job bc051e90e9964b824cd12bde4e1a44b4.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Did you paint your rod ends and ball joints? I'd replaced mine about a year and 1k miles before taking it off the road and there was already surface rust on them so I'll probably paint them as well. Did you just mask up the boots if so? I've got some epoxy paint for my running gear refurb which I'll be using. I've de-greased and sanded back the rear beam and I'll be doing the rest of the rear end parts and painting friday hopefully. Starting that end first.

More details on the F40 too! :thumbleft:

Did you paint your rod ends and ball joints? I'd replaced mine about a year and 1k miles before taking it off the road and there was already surface rust on them so I'll probably paint them as well. Did you just mask up the boots if so? I've got some epoxy paint for my running gear refurb which I'll be using. I've de-greased and sanded back the rear beam and I'll be doing the rest of the rear end parts and painting friday hopefully. Starting that end first.

More details on the F40 too! :thumbleft:

Yeah I masked off the rubber boots and the face of the trackrod that hits the locking nut and painted with a couple of coats of Eastwood Chassis black - I dont like the fact that they come in bare steel, like you say they only have to be on a short while and the rust is on it.

Not sure on the F40 details... its up at my mates place... he's done a lot of work on it... what he calls "Germanizing it" as a lot of the factory stuff is just a lashy afterthought..

Just done a dry assembly... I'm also in the middle of cleaning up the engine bay.. not a great job bc051e90e9964b824cd12bde4e1a44b4.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Wow, stunning work there!

Cheers Hasan ;)

Thanks for your email reply too, greatly appreciate the pointers on the conversion.

Still cant fathom out the pedal box...

Hi Giles the powdercoaring looks awesome

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Morning Chris

Cheers mate ;)

Yeah its starting to come together a little now, before it was an oily mess everywhere but now bits are ether new or restored... hopefully I can spend a bit of time getting the engine bay ready this weekend - still cant decide if its just a clean up or a re-paint.

Wow, stunning work there!

Great work Giles!....I got sub frame envy!

Meyle engine mounts?

Anyone used them? - seem to be about all I can find without an obscure brand name...

ABS/Wheel speed sensors?

Go for the £50+ (£130 each for rear) Bosch items or is Delphi / Pagid (considerably less) good enough?

Great work Giles!....I got sub frame envy!

Cheers spen ;)

Its a lot further than I expected to go - but I thought "in for a penny! - in for a £" may as well do it right and then enjoy it. ;)

Anyone bought Meyle engine mounts?

I want to put the rear engine and gearbox mount as a standard one... are these as close to OEM as you can get now?

** as far as I can see Meyle have all their parts made in China and just shipped to Germany....

Edited by Geeba