Jim

Hilarious prices for broken used parts..

So, I've not been using the forum that long - but here's the difference and why I'm liking it...

I needed a part for my recent purchase, offered a forum member £XXX, he said that's too much, it's only worth £XXX (I'm learning) and didn't want to rip me off. I paid him a fair price, part arrived - everyone is happy.

eBay - £200 for some tatty carpet - really.... I get it, eBay sellers are out to make money - but some of the prices on eBay are just insane!!

EDIT - oh yes, I'm loving the £30k Corrado in Canada - what is the seller smoking??

That's part of what makes this forum good - plenty of enthusiasts wanting to help out other enthusiasts.. they're not here to make money out of people. They just want to keep these cars on the roads.

That's part of what makes this forum good - plenty of enthusiasts wanting to help out other enthusiasts.. they're not here to make money out of people. They just want to keep these cars on the roads.

I agree, but there are some "bad boys" amongst us who are buying to resell at large profits on ebay. I spotted one that had a current ebay listing for an ABV inlet who placed a wanted ad here stating "no silly prices!" the exactly the same part.

Really?? £650 for roof strips...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corrado-g60-16v-vr6-OEM-Roof-Gutter-Trims-New-Unused-/192257251651?hash=item2cc36cd943:g:vkQAAOSw4-VZdmwh

Seems a lot of money to me. I wonder how much a bodyshop would charge to fill and paint roof gutters? Not original, but probably look good IMO.

EDIT - just re-read title of thread - Hilarious prices for broken USED PARTS - but even so, still a lot of money.

Edited by vr6monkey

Really?? £650 for roof strips...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corrado-g60-16v-vr6-OEM-Roof-Gutter-Trims-New-Unused-/192257251651?hash=item2cc36cd943:g:vkQAAOSw4-VZdmwh

Seems a lot of money to me. I wonder how much a bodyshop would charge to fill and paint roof gutters? Not original, but probably look good IMO.

EDIT - just re-read title of thread - Hilarious prices for broken USED PARTS - but even so, still a lot of money.

Sadly they are not that overpriced for genuine. People have paid more for them. Its the can of cold coke in the desert.

£650.00 what a laugh. but vw classic parts are going to do a rerun of these if I am correct (Annavr6) although they will be expensive I can't see them being £650. so people hold on if you can or buy a set from karmanski on here who has put a great deal of effort to get replacements made.

£650.00 what a laugh. but vw classic parts are going to do a rerun of these if I am correct (Annavr6) although they will be expensive I can't see them being £650. so people hold on if you can or buy a set from karmanski on here who has put a great deal of effort to get replacements made.

£220 - seems much more reasonable...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-ROOF-MOLDINGS-TRIMS-GUTTERS-/272777010198?hash=item3f82c6dc16:g:zZUAAOSw3ZNZd34C

Sadly they are not that overpriced for genuine. People have paid more for them. Its the can of cold coke in the desert.

Yeah, if I was rich I'd probably buy them as the ones on my 52k mile VR6 really let the car down :(

Be good if Classic Parts do a run of them

Yeah, if I was rich I'd probably buy them as the ones on my 52k mile VR6 really let the car down :(

Be good if Classic Parts do a run of them

They too will be replicas? There will be plenty of volunteers for a free set to test fit that's for sure lol

They too will be replicas? There will be plenty of volunteers for a free set to test fit that's for sure lol

Replicas but using the original tooling I would have thought .. therefore OEM parts :)

OMG....temped to sell my spare ones I bought and never used :S

Joke about selling, btw just in case anyways asks :)

Replicas but using the original tooling I would have thought .. therefore OEM parts :)

Before they remanufacture anything they ask here for good OE spare to copy, therefore I doubt original tooling? Then there's the plastic mix chosen, again a non OE mix who's long term durability will be an unknown quantity.

Its still good news for the Corrado community though, better an alternative than nothing.

Before they remanufacture anything they ask here for good OE spare to copy, therefore I doubt original tooling? Then there's the plastic mix chosen, again a non OE mix who's long term durability will be an unknown quantity.

Its still good news for the Corrado community though, better an alternative than nothing.

Fair enough, depends whether it's Heritage or Classic Parts then I guess, as Classic Parts are VW and have remade parts like Mk2 Golf G60 arches from the original tooling.

Like you say, good news either way :)

I think the OE ones may have been made from different types of plastic over the years. The ones on my 94 VR were totally shot. I replaced then with some from an early 16 valve model which are still perfect. Probably reflects them using cheaper materials over the years, like they did with OE mats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the OE ones may have been made from different types of plastic over the years. The ones on my 94 VR were totally shot. I replaced then with some from an early 16 valve model which are still perfect. Probably reflects them using cheaper materials over the years, like they did with OE mats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, I have a pair from a 90 G60 as spares and they are better than both my late VRs. That said environment (freezing Highlands, to southern coastal habitats and everything inbetween) as well as various chemicals used to wash the cars will also have an effect.

There maybe some truth in the early Vs late plastic trims . I bought the last set from Heritage around 4 years ago . They haven't worn well , they have faded . I also bought the caps from TPS , they don't look great either . Obviously no fault of Heritage or TPS , probably down to inferior plastics .

Sometimes, i really don't believe the front of some people have on eBay selling ****e like this. It's totally knackered and only fit for the bin.in Fact, i'm going to email this guy and ask him if he's having a laugh!!

Sometimes, i really don't believe the front of some people have on eBay selling ****e like this. It's totally knackered and only fit for the bin.in Fact, i'm going to email this guy and ask him if he's having a laugh!!

brilliant! do it m8 & post his reply

worth asking why his prices are so high too ;) lol

Already done this morning!! Not heard anything back as yet though!! LOLZ!!

Still no reply from this joker....... Quelle Surprise!!

I've got a VR6 fan controller at home somewhere. Gonna list it for £500 later.
I always nab them from scrapyard, got a couple now so that's my retirement money sorted

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk