Millsique

1995 Corrado VR6 Breaking VW MS VSR..., LSD, H&R coilovers, Big Valve Hd, Shrick cam

Hi,

I have owned my VR6 since 2001, but sadly the HVAC blower caught fire recently and by the time the fire brigade put out the fire she is uneconomical to repair.

The fire was contained to the dashboard, so the Engine bay was unaffected. The rest of the interior survived, but would need a good clean to remove the smoke smell. The parcel shelf was not in the car at the time, so is as new.

The car is currently complete, all parts (apart from dash and A pillar trims)are available. The car is a bit special and I have listed the special parts below.

The car is Sherry Pearl colour, interior is black cloth. Some panels have some bubbling, so depending on what they are used for they would benefit from a prep and respray.

Special bits:

VW MS VSR with all the kit.

Big valve head

Wavetrac diff

Schrick 268 Cams

H&R coilovers,

Tubular fabricated exhaust manifold

Decat Miltek full stainless system

2 sets of speedlines,

Plenty of Toyo road and track (888) tyres

Lightened crank pulley

Working Sunroof

Vibratechnics Engine mount(s)

Eibach ARB front (rear unused)

Poly bush throughout

288mm Front brake set up

I am in the Knutsford area, Cheshire. My number is 07720837062

Richard

Hi terribly sorry to hear about the fire, you certainly seem to have invested in some nice bits in that Rado. Im interested in the VW MS VSR with all the kit and the sunroof. How much for those please? Also looking for the steering wheel, front fogs, warning triangle and first aid kit.

Edited by lawyer6

Sad indeed but trust you are safe.

How much for the wavetrac or indeed gearbox complete?

Terrible news to hear. I would be interested in a price on the coilovers and brakes please?

Thank you

Hi,

I have owned my VR6 since 2001, but sadly the HVAC blower caught fire recently and by the time the fire brigade put out the fire she is uneconomical to repair.

This should be a lesson to us all to carry a 10mm spanner adjacent to the battery earth connection

Sorry for your loss mate.

Interested in complete gearbox if possible, i know Hasan has asked first but if he backs out.

Might take exhaust as well.

Sorry about the car mate

I'm poss interested in the arbs and the passenger front wing depending on if it's got much rust

If you could let me know a price for these please

Edited by neil20vtc

What a shocker, gutted for you.

I'm interested in the parcel shelf (assuming it's black) and possibly 288 front brake set up if branty doesn't go for them. Please pm prices. Thanks

Sorry to hear...sounded like a sorted motor.

Intrested in the vibtarcechnics engine mounts and crank pulley

This should be a lesson to us all to carry a 10mm spanner adjacent to the battery earth connection

Went home lastnight and put a 10mm spanner in the car.

I keep meaning to buy a small toolkit to keep in corrado, but never gotten round to it. I do keep two fire extinguishers in the car after i renewed the fuel pipes :lol:

Really sorry to hear about that, very worrying though. Was it the standard resistor that went? Is that it for Corrado ownership then?

Might be interested in ARB & gearbox like the rest of us vultures!

Hi All,

Many thanks for your kind words about the demise of my car. I am safe and it would be a good idea to have a 10mm spanner handy at all times for the battery - it was one of the first things the Fire Brigade did - I hadn't though of it in the panic, but seems obvious now.

Also thanks for al your interest. The car has been sold complete to another Forum member, if anything changes I will re-start this thread.

I have a number-plate M30 VRG on retention which I plan to sell separately. I was going to let the dust settle on the car first before advertising, but I will put it on here and maybe ebay in a few weeks.

Many thanks

Richard

I rely on this lil gizmo, jus turn the knob and the battery is disconnected, cost pennies

Was there supposed to be a hyperlink?

Was trying to load a pic but didnt realize it hadnt loaded! But yeah Dox guessed it right. Problem wid a spanner is that it may go missing and its still a bit fiddly especially wen your pride and joy is going up goin up in smoke!

I've got one like this... my insurance small print say I need a cut off switch. It's worth checking your insurance if you have classic car insurance or a laid up policy.