fla

machined, fabricated parts

Ive been in touch with a few fabricators and machine shops with 5 axis milling capabilities and they can produce small batch runs of items for automotive.

So the question is this:

what would we like to have made and can we get some 2D or 3D drawings that they can work with? I was thinking about radiator elbows, thermostat housings, door pull surrounds, alternator cages etc.

Let me know and i'll get the ball rolling

what about them little dust cover bits on the rear stub axles, can't buy them any where, not the black shield but the little round collar with a lip on it

I use 2D & 3D drawing software so could get certain things drawn up but the major factor would be cost of getting things machined. I work with a few companies that can machine parts but complex parts need either tooling or machining out of blocks of steel/alu so aren't that cheap.

Happy to give it a go though

Thanks guys.

Jim - cant think of the part, any pics in ETKA or something similar?

Swift - do you have any that you can send over? I'll get them priced up and see what we can do.

Forged or cast items too.

Is there a minimum size of the part? The bit on the sunroof runner that breaks would be handy if available.

Not really. Just a practical limit ie something sensibly visible.

Dave would you be able create a 2d or 3d scan.of the sunroof arm?

I've only drawn a couple of bits up for 3D printing purposes like the heater cog and VR6 badges but can draw anything up.

I don't have any scanning equipment, I just measure and model it up, I'd definitely be interested in drawing up the sunroof arm as mine is broken. If anyone has one kicking about I could draw it up, even a broken one as it's usually the pivot pin that snaps off.

what about them little dust cover bits on the rear stub axles, can't buy them any where, not the black shield but the little round collar with a lip on it

I can’t work out how to link you to it, but if you look at page 38 on my members thread, you’ll see them there, with the part number. I bought them not that long ago. There is also a comparison picture with an original

I've probably got the broken sunroof part in my garage somewhere. If not I do have a new item under my pillow next to a handgun.

(only kidding about the handgun)

Anyone able to send me a 2d or 3d image of required parts? I think the sunroof arm would be a great item to start with

Just putting this up again - if anyone has any 2d or 3d images we can get some ideas of prices and lead times.

Just putting this up again - if anyone has any 2d or 3d images we can get some ideas of prices and lead times.

Not sure if anyone else has come across this website but it has a lot of Corrado parts ready to print.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1709963

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2184755

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3244127

Type in Corrado in search or the part number you are after.

Edited by Keyo

Great website find. Be interesting to hear if anyone has ever ordered or used this site

The cup holder is on there ans so is the rear tailgate push rod bump stop.

Good website. I'll go through it and make a shortlist which we can then review and select

What about someone to reverse the LHD volt centre console cluster so it fits a RHD car.

Need someone who is prepared to share their RHD unit I guess? I'd happily pay LHD drive money to buy one of those :)

There are numerous reasons this is the case. Drawing skills make you more versatile. They give you flexibility and freedom during the initial design stages of an image, they give you the ability to seamlessly mix 2D and 3D elements. They allow you to tweak your image in post-production to enhance the result you received from your render engine. So yes, traditional 2D skills are helpful to any 3D artist — no question about it.

The real question isn't whether it helps. The question is whether or not it's worth investing the extensive time it takes to learn.

This is a great idea chaps. It would help the community in a huge way. We all have those little niggly parts we can't get or have to buy worn s/h stuff.

I have no technical experience so can't offer any real help sadly, but I would be into buying parts as I'm sure others would.

Is there a minimum size of the part? The bit on the sunroof runner that breaks would be handy if available.

The sunroof is one major pain for many of us. I know my options are live with it or try and fit a second hand one. Neither option makes me feel good. As much as it's killing me having a closed roof in this weather, I see no worth in going through all the hassle to fit a roof that could break any day after it's fitted. Fitting a new kit would be a different story though and a worthy job to undertake.

I don't know the workings of the roof or the nature of the problem, but wondered if any one thinks it's possible to make a decent and permanent repair kit?

One of the reasons sunroofs fail is a lack of lubrication so an annual greasing should keep your sunroof working for many years.

One of the reasons sunroofs fail is a lack of lubrication so an annual greasing should keep your sunroof working for many years.

It was broken when I bought it. Didn't think I'd care to much about it, but seems I do now.

Question is, can the parts be made to fix it I'm wondering.

I do have a new slider part that I would happily let someone template, but it does have the cable wire attached

What type of grease would you recommend mate?