Keyo

Black magic returns home

9 minutes ago, ger040 said:

both cars look fantastic - a real credit to you

i did not think you could get insurance to that value to be totally honest - well done 

i attempted to carry out some welding on my mk2 today and gave up after 6 bloody hours just could not get it right - either not enough penetration or it was blowing holes 

i just cut everything out again and vw's waxol alternative did not help as soon as i applied heat out it came 

Thanks Geri. 

Fair play for having a go you'll get it done Im sure mate no doubt with a bit of blood sweat and tears- will be interesting to see what they agree the value at- there was an 8V fully restored for sale for 18K not so long ago and sold (not sure what for) but it was  a red one with rainbow cloth bb- Ive always said there are buyers out there for restored cars that will pay for the ready out of  the box.  Sold a couple in the past double over average. but did not profit 

11 minutes ago, pfnsht said:

Looking good Keyo

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks P. 

The Cars are looking fantastic mate, well done in being the proud father of two VW beauties. 

Have you ever looked to see if the mk2 scuttle cover would fit on the Rado? 

2 hours ago, Cressa said:

The Cars are looking fantastic mate, well done in being the proud father of two VW beauties. 

Have you ever looked to see if the mk2 scuttle cover would fit on the Rado? 

Thanks Cressa - I have not  to be honest chap but I think you have to cut it up a bit to make it fit- I actually think the rhd scuttle is obsolete from vag now so I wouldn't want to chop one up- think the swg one is your best bet .  Spoonfed do so as well but not cheap but look good- very good.  

Hopefully will have a home for them soon , can just shut the door on them and not worry about them - the hot weather is the worst baking the interior - drew up the plans myself for planning and they have now been submitted so fingers crossed / going for a double bay green oak with roller shutter doors so it shows off the frame- wooden doors make them look like a bit of a large shed. Going for the same as this but  staffordshire blue clay tile from dreadnought that will match the main roof.  Will have to put a membrane under the tiles as gone for a low hip profile roof which is the least light /view space saving design . Will have a dwarf wall with engineering bricks and granite saddle stones for the oak standards . 

garage.jpg

bay3.jpg

bay2.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Cressa I've gone for the swg one (matt black) on my car, will be updating some pictures once back from the bodyshop.

The swg replaces the stock one that doesn't cover the scuttle tray. I used to not like them that much as I like stock stuff but it looks like it will do the job and keep it tidy underneath.

Nice garage Keyo - the dream and something nice like that will add value. I'm starting to look into plans myself for my new house. Although you can buy these as kits on ebay (without the tiles) for circa £5-6k i suspect with ground works and tiles they'll be out of my budget (£15-£20k max, but less would be nice) 😞. I was planning on erecting it myself and getting a groundsman in to do the concrete floor and a roofer to do the tiles.

I wanted something like this as I now work from home mostly I thought I could use the space above as an office https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Oak-fronted-frame-Garage-2-Bay-Cart-Lodge-Green-Oak-Barn-home-office/114278481092?hash=item1a9b873cc4:g:GGMAAOSwz2lXBgLU

Could you not do the standard double garage under permitted development? I know for the one I was thinking I could not as it's too tall. I was also thinking about a standard double to save some money.

I'll message you 🙂

Cheers

Matt

23 minutes ago, pfnsht said:

Nice garage Keyo - the dream and something nice like that will add value. I'm starting to look into plans myself for my new house. Although you can buy these as kits on ebay (without the tiles) for circa £5-6k i suspect with ground works and tiles they'll be out of my budget (£15-£20k max, but less would be nice) 😞. I was planning on erecting it myself and getting a groundsman in to do the concrete floor and a roofer to do the tiles.

I wanted something like this as I now work from home mostly I thought I could use the space above as an office https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Oak-fronted-frame-Garage-2-Bay-Cart-Lodge-Green-Oak-Barn-home-office/114278481092?hash=item1a9b873cc4:g:GGMAAOSwz2lXBgLU

Could you not do the standard double garage under permitted development? I know for the one I was thinking I could not as it's too tall. I was also thinking about a standard double to save some money.

I'll message you 🙂

Cheers

Matt

Because it sits in front of the main house you need planning but I should be Ok because other houses on my road have garages on the front of the property - if it was round the side or rear you would not need planning if its below a certain size and height- also to add if it is uninhabited building and the internal floor space is less than 30 sqm then you do not need to apply to building regulations - the magic size is 5850 x 5300 external perimeter-  drawing below I dont want something to monsterous on my front drive- do you think garage below is big enough to house two vag classics ? Thanks 

Budget spot on 25k - 30 k but could be done cheaper but I like to use materials that match the age of my house which means oak and clay - can be done cheaper with larch wood and roof cladding - I will be also asking for 225 mm x 225 mm (also matches double brick engineers of the dwarf wall) Oak uprights as heavy duty is the way to go with a double swl. 

bay5.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Yeah i think that will be big enough - they're about 4m long and 1.7m wide so you'll have lots of space around the sides. Length wise will be fine with some shelcving at the end. Looking forward to seeing it.

2 minutes ago, pfnsht said:

Yeah i think that will be big enough - they're about 4m long and 1.7m wide so you'll have lots of space around the sides. Length wise will be fine with some shelcving at the end. Looking forward to seeing it.

Fingers crossed mate I will appeal it though if they decline it - Im right next next to an ancient woodland so cant see why an oak carport does not fit into the surroundings. Also gone for the low pitch roof - so far in cost me £225,00 for planning. 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Fingers crossed mate I will appeal it though if they decline it - Im right next next to an ancient woodland so cant see why an oak carport does not fit into the surroundings. Also gone for the low pitch roof - so far in cost me £225,00 for planning. 

the planning application for my garage in front of the house got kicked out before it was even put forward for consideration - even though i had consent from neighbour's etc all i got was "we will not consider this application as it is in front of the principal elevation"

thus i am going to have to go down the car port route & stay under the regs for not needing planning

47 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

the planning application for my garage in front of the house got kicked out before it was even put forward for consideration - even though i had consent from neighbour's etc all i got was "we will not consider this application as it is in front of the principal elevation"

thus i am going to have to go down the car port route & stay under the regs for not needing planning

Yeah its not an easy one to get but other properties on my road have detached garages in front of the property and the garage will take only  a quarter of my frontage- will also be 5 meters away from the frontage of the house and be a couple of meters from the borders all borders and will only be in front of 2 meters of the front of the house elvation due to my border angling off to the side of the house -  so if they deny it I'm pretty confident I could win on appeal due to other properties having detached garages on the front (if this was not the case I wouldn't have bothered applying for permission )

Looks like a fitting home for the fleet! Good luck with the planning permission, as you say, there are plenty of garages on fronts these days, building forward of the building line isn’t the nono it used to be. Our biggest issue here is the Conservation Area approval, have to ask before you even trim trees in case it is affecting the look of the village!

10 minutes ago, tonedef said:

Looks like a fitting home for the fleet! Good luck with the planning permission, as you say, there are plenty of garages on fronts these days, building forward of the building line isn’t the nono it used to be. Our biggest issue here is the Conservation Area approval, have to ask before you even trim trees in case it is affecting the look of the village!

Yeah my mate chopped down a large sycamore in a conservation area, the trees that have that horrible sticky residue which I actually think  is aphed shite - it was spot on in  middle of his drive and no doubt started its life as weed tree that know one could be bothered to chop down many years ago - his drive was  roughly 7 m x 7m so had to go - got a 5k fine off the local council -  he was in the local news and didn't find it too funny when I sent him a picture of a beaver chewing a log. Almost 99 percent a neighbour with of dobbed you in to the council . Don't get me wrong I like trees but they need to be managed . 

Edited by Keyo

Love the double garage, looks sharp. I really like the colour combo and the front posts showing as well. Nice design, cheers! 

Just a heads up Spoonfed is on the verge of closing down due to issues with shipping and damage to items- Just bagged myself the extended spoiler form Heritage - there are a couple left -  always wanted one as the stock spoiler is far to small- no doubt will be added to the sort after rare aftermarket mod will be a million dollars in a few years 😄

sp.jpg

sp1.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Nice good buy Keyo.

As for Spoonfeds PR message I too wish I could shut down for a rest and tell people to stop asking me questions but alas the mortgage would not get paid and my employer would get upset with my for not fulfilling my responsibilities...

1 minute ago, pfnsht said:

Nice good buy Keyo.

As for Spoonfeds PR message I too wish I could shut down for a rest and tell people to stop asking me questions but alas the mortgage would not get paid and my employer would get upset with my for not fulfilling my responsibilities...

They just need to sort out their packing - lets be honest the guy has upset a lot of people but his made some good quality items - couriers have been slipping in quality due to the demand of internet orders I guess - hell me half the time I got a parcel thrown over my back gate.  

Had my confirmation agreed certificate today off Lancaster Insurance for Mk2 Golf 16v issued after assessment of photographs and documentation supplied by myself. Happy to say they agreed a valuation certificate of 19K - Insurance including agreed value- 5k miles a year- breakdown cover- salvage rights. £240.00 a year. Next one Corrado going for 25k start high nothing to lose.  The valuation is Valid for 2 years. 

agreed valuation.jpg

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Had my confirmation agreed certificate today off Lancaster Insurance for Mk2 Golf 16v issued after assessment of photographs and documentation supplied by myself. Happy to say they agreed a valuation certificate of 19K - Insurance including agreed value- 5k miles a year- breakdown cover- salvage rights. £240.00 a year. Next one Corrado going for 25k start high nothing to lose.  

agreed valuation.jpg

well done!

out of interest what kind of documentation did you provide?  & did any of it include example sales of similar cars at around the proposed value?

i ask as my VR is just back from the paint shop & i will be pursuing an agreed value for it with ardian flux - i was aiming for 19k but like your 25k idea lol

My valuation is based on purchase price and what I have spent on the car in the last few years and the documentation off professional garages/body shops with card receipts and all parts purchased  My aim is get a car upto condition of a car that would be under a three/four years old. I believe Insurance is not fit for purpose unless it covered my loss. The corrado has had a complete new engine rebuild from Stealth and 6k of desirable options - crap loads of other stuff as well - so I'm going high on that one to match the costs involved - what I get I will get but damned if I wont try, Every part I purchase or garage receipt I log on to the car record and also send that to the valuation team so that they can see the maths involved. No did not provide any example of other cars on the market because I was confident my paperwork would do the job - they took 30 days to get back to me and agreed my figure without debate. 

Edited by Keyo

Fair play - I'm always cautious of these "agreed" values as they will invariably pull out other clauses or claim the terms of the classic policy were broken and end up paying out what they call market value - I have yet to hear of anyone getting a full agreed value when a car is written off for a Mk2/Corrado/Scirocco/quattro etc, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised if anyone can prove otherwise or has lived to tell the tale.

Agree with you fully Keyo that insurance should get you back what you lost, or at least what you started with before whatever bad incident took place - just in practice it never seems to work out that way.....

Congrats and well worth doing. You have to protect your investment as best as you can.

I'll be doing the same job and aiming to provide a nice tot up of the costs and receipts to my insurer too.

Its great to get decent agreed values for the corrado community. Even non agreed value cars will bump up as the rules and algorithms compute in the background.

Sure guys Insurance will always try and wiggle out of their responsibilities you can only try and beat them at their own game.  

On 8/26/2020 at 3:11 PM, Keyo said:

My valuation is based on purchase price and what I have spent on the car in the last few years and the documentation off professional garages/body shops with card receipts and all parts purchased  My aim is get a car upto condition of a car that would be under a three/four years old. I believe Insurance is not fit for purpose unless it covered my loss. The corrado has had a complete new engine rebuild from Stealth and 6k of desirable options - crap loads of other stuff as well - so I'm going high on that one to match the costs involved - what I get I will get but damned if I wont try, Every part I purchase or garage receipt I log on to the car record and also send that to the valuation team so that they can see the maths involved. No did not provide any example of other cars on the market because I was confident my paperwork would do the job - they took 30 days to get back to me and agreed my figure without debate. 

great info thanks keyo

On 5/18/2020 at 12:53 PM, Keyo said:

Is this anyone's old corrado VR6 in a secret junkyard hidden deep in the English countryside    N98 DRF full leather interior in good condition and quite complete. Last MOT recorded 2008, 

Guys remember the Corrado in this video= look what is for bloomin sale has no V5. Advert title says needs a tidy up ha ha . 

Hello,

It was running when parked, It has 115000 miles on it.

NO V5, all the serial and VIN numbers are on there to apply.

Leather interior 
needs a complete clean and check to get back on the road, the back brakes are locked on. flat tires etc.
no rust.
It is what it is.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Corrado-1996-spares-repairs/324267514585?hash=item4b7fd99ad9:g:~1oAAOSwGYFfPlPD

Edited by Keyo