Keyo

Black magic returns home

18 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Makes perfect sense that the special ECU came for the dizzy cars only as the VSR came out at the beginning of the VR6 era - they probably did not bother with another one for the coil pack cars - as I said, the only thing worth thinking about is the map, and I think I remember some German article mentioning this - but it may not be needed on the coil packs, and in any case Vince will be able to map your car to perfection anyway once everything is installed.

Certainly will more over on a basis that I do not want to cause any pinking . 

Another thing worth mentioning is the isv houses srraight into the vsr through a rubber grommet on the back of it - not sure I need a damper like stock . 

20 minutes ago, fla said:

Good idea! Did you mount it to anything?  You wouldn't by any chance have a pic of how you did it would you?  I also want to relocate the ecu controller, which is under the scuttle near to the cabin fan inlet.  That, or put it in a water tight box and leave it under there.

Hasan

I don’t have a picture Hasan and would you believe that after it’s been in the air on axle stands all winter I put it on the floor Wednesday so maybe a bit difficult to squeeze the phone in for a photo! I made a plate similar to the one Keyo has made although shorter, and whilst I can’t remember exactly how, it uses the same fixing as the horn bracket to bolt it to the chassis leg. I seem to remember there’s a stud fixed to the leg there or something similar.

I had the controller fixed to the front of the fan controller bracket.

13 hours ago, Keyo said:

Thanks Geri it really was an hour or two work at home - just very happy that the solenoids where so ready available and cheap enough. There is very little info on the ground on vsr install so I will be recording my findings to help others..  

Thats rare -  something for a corrado that is readily available and cheap enough!!

So finally got the VSR fitted with my mate Robin- that is the stock set you can see as it was sold which you dont see often - also fitted some team Heko which I love with the black paint. 

Sad to see the Schrick go as been on the car since 2003 as stated by the stealth receipt but it found a good home on an Oettinger twilight VR owned by my friends in the Midlands. 

Great news after a year battle with my local planning department who kept saying not in keeping and failed twice- I supplied ample evidence it was but went onto dead ears- I took it above them to the Government Inspectorate that agreed on my behalf and over turned the council decision and quite frankly slated their refusal as I had indeed met their planning guides comprehensively. . Next winter the Rado and golf will have a warm home to preserve them . 

16 speedies VWMS will be going on shortly 

Things looking up chaps to a good summer ! 

ad.jpg

ad1.jpg

ad2.jpg

3 hours ago, Keyo said:

So finally got the VSR fitted with my mate Robin- that is the stock set you can see as it was sold which you dont see often - also fitted some team Heko which I love with the black paint. 

Sad to see the Schrick go as been on the car since 2003 as stated by the stealth receipt but it found a good home on an Oettinger twilight VR owned by my friends in the Midlands. 

Great news after a year battle with my local planning department who kept saying not in keeping and failed twice- I supplied ample evidence it was but went onto dead ears- I took it above them to the Government Inspectorate that agreed on my behalf and over turned the council decision and quite frankly slated their refusal as I had indeed met their planning guides comprehensively. . Next winter the Rado and golf will have a warm home to preserve them . 

ad.jpg

ad1.jpg

ad2.jpg

Very nice, looks more oem than the schrick apart from the green thing

3 hours ago, Keyo said:

ad.jpg

ad1.jpg

ad2.jpg

Congratulations on overturning the council’s decision,just goes to show if you don’t give up,what you can achieve.These cars definitely need to be kept inside,not just for the condition but also the rising values.Look forward to seeing pictures of you breaking ground,car looks amazing as usual 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

Congratulations on overturning the council’s decision,just goes to show if you don’t give up,what you can achieve.These cars definitely need to be kept inside,not just for the condition but also the rising values.Look forward to seeing pictures of you breaking ground,car looks amazing as usual 👍🏻

Thank You mate for your kind words. 

Its funny the lady from the local council sent me an email on my initial application after I had paid  saying- oh im going to fail this I shall not even bother putting it through the planning portal if that is ok with you- I told her no please proceed - it cost me at least 1k extra for an appeal expert and I didn't tick the claim the costs box back off local authority if you win as wanted that to not influence the governments  inspectorates decision- i did look at my local planning officer in charge of my case and she was fresh out of uni and little experience and probaly never even paod for a planning application herdelf.. 

The irony is I have one condition my local council have to approve the hedge im planting for shielding-  I think I can choose a nice indigenous shrub or Laurel thanks not really a fan of monster ferns 

As you said mate dont let these people steal your dreams fight them authority is there as a guidance don't mean its just. . 

Shaun whats wrong with you and the green mean super pea I love it man. 

Edited by Keyo

I'm Late to the party.... it looks great and how they all should have been, making them super special. 

I'm just going to take my jealous sulking self off now, as I can never even get the gauges.. 

Does look ace 😁

Just now, Cressa said:

I'm Late to the party.... it looks great and how they all should have been, making them super special. 

I'm just going to take my jealous sulking self off now, as I can never even get the gauges.. 

Does look ace 😁

I dont feel sorry for you- have recaro fabric and shrick next one . 😍

On 4/1/2021 at 4:28 AM, ABV-VR6 said:

A beautiful site mate, absolutely gorgeous. Happy for you!

Thanks mate. 

looks fantastic 👍 - agree more oem than the schrick

but i would not say no to the schrick👍

Treated the car to a new registration and dealer decal designed by - Sticker Pig off facebook 

C6 ABV

Corrado 6 cylinder ABV engine code.  

Check out the address of the dealer on windscreen decal. ha  I could only find an audi version for them off google but changed the decal. to vw. 

Here is one of their stunning classic Audi 80 Quattro Helios Blue . SOLD for a whopping £86.5 K at auction less then 50 k on the clock  wow !!!!!

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/events/2021-auctions/spring-live-online-sale-2021/spring-live-online-auction-2021/cars/1990-audi-quattro-20v

private reg.jpg

private reg1.jpg

audia.jpg

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Treated the car to a new registration and dealer decal designed by - Sticker Pig off facebook 

C6 ABV

Corrado 6 cylinder ABV engine code.  

Check out the address of the dealer on windscreen decal. ha  I could only find an audi version for them off google but changed the decal. to vw. 

Here is one of their stunning classic Audi 80 Quattro Helios Blue . SOLD for a whopping £86.5 K at auction less then 50 k on the clock  wow !!!!!

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/events/2021-auctions/spring-live-online-sale-2021/spring-live-online-auction-2021/cars/1990-audi-quattro-20v

private reg.jpg

private reg1.jpg

audia.jpg

10v are more affordable 

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/events/2021-auctions/spring-live-online-sale-2021/spring-live-online-auction-2021/cars/1985-audi-quattro-10v

80s 90s stuff is hugely popular atm 

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/events/2021-auctions/spring-live-online-sale-2021/spring-live-online-auction-2021/cars

Edited by Dox

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Looks great in red. 

They look great in any colour imo 

11 minutes ago, Dox said:

They look great in any colour imo 

I remember seeing a white one for sale in Rugeley on a second hand car dealers about 12 years back it was very cheap I was tempted to view it- another missed opportunity same as another 964 2 coupe  that was white in 2003 that had a 12 k tag - now 60 k value I imagine if kept in good order. 

24 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

ha ha ha 2 pug 205 selling for almost as much as an R8 audi (but never liked the R8 anyway) lol

Cat C

Finally managed to get a set of Sebrings minus the caps after the sebring split rim industry is swallowing the whole stoke like a fishing trawler. . 

Took the MK2 200 mile round trip to St Albans tonight and she didnt miss abeat- used only a third of a tank and flowed in with the motorway traffic - was a very sunny evening great to get out. 

The sebrings caps x4 can be purchased off this seller for 50 euro for x4 (will need primer and paint) who I know well have purchased a few itmens off him before in regards to votex consoles. He is also making Corrado window scrapers at x2 for 50 euros. 

Also worth noting my bumper and plastics after 6 weeks of Wruth plastic dye- awesome product. 

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/792002994743550/?ref=share_attachment

mk20.jpg

mk21.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Wow that's going to look good mate! I think this is my favorite wheel/car combo! 

8 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Wow that's going to look good mate! I think this is my favorite wheel/car combo! 

Thanks ABV just glad to get a set with no nasty damage as these are getting hard to find.