_Matt_

Error messages when following links

Sorry to hear the site is having issues.

I've not really spoken with Toby for over a year (nothing personal, but I didn't think he'd want the old admin poking him every now and again about forum stuff!) and I don't "have the keys" to the admin section anymore - although it sounds like the server needs some maintenance, which only Toby will have access to.

As it is holiday season, he may well be out of contact at the moment, and/or unable to do much until he's sat in front of a PC with a decent net connection.

However, I've not experienced any issues logging in or using the site to post this. Some things you could check which may help you until it's fixed properly:

- Use the mobile Web theme on your phone. If you don't automatically change to this when visiting the site, you can change to it via the drop down box in the very bottom left of the site.

- don't use the direct.the-corrado.net url as this bypasses caching which may help keep the site up

Happy to help Toby / anyone else / etc. where I can. I don't want to see the site die, there's a lot of great information on here.

Hi Andi, if I try to post with a url, using the bbcode square brackets, I get a PHP error.

I was going to post test links, for you to see if they worked, but it would not let me create a new post.

Can you try viewing Jim or Kev Bacon's profile pages? They throw an error

Yeah, just seen a page throw an error. It does indeed look like something is up with the bbcode module in vbulletin. Any page which utilises it, errors.

I'm on a ferry with 10kb/sec Internet at the moment, so difficult for testing... Is there an option in settings to disable bbcode?

Hi Andi

thanks for the post

i have figured that if i click 'go advanced' to reply to a post it tends to work ok - however accessing threads in general throws errors such as this...

Function name must be a string on line 1566 in /data/websites/direct.the-corrado.net/includes/class_bbcode.php

#0 /data/websites/direct.the-corrado.net/includes/class_bbcode.php(1021): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_array(Array, 1, 1, 0)

#1 /data/websites/direct.the-corrado.net/includes/class_bbcode.php(542): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_bbcode('After some rece...', 1, 1, 0)

#2 /data/websites/direct.the-corrado.net/includes/class_bbcode.php(456): vB_BbCodeParser->do_parse('After some rece...', 0, 1, 1, 1, true, false, 'on_nl2br', false, 1)

#3 /data/websites/direct.the-corrado.net/includes/class_postbit.php(1242): vB_BbCodeParser->parse('After some rece...', 20, '1', false, NULL, NULL, false, 'on_nl2br')

#4 /data/websites/direct.the-corrado.net/includes/class_postbit.php(329): vB_Postbit_Post->parse_bbcode()

#5 /data/websites/direct.the-corrado.net/showthread.php(1096): vB_Postbit->construct_postbit(Array)

#6 {main}

as such it is very difficult to actually open a thread to read it - that error message was for a thread in the suppliers section for example

having had a random click around it seems that i can open most of the different sections EG "engine bay" or "suppliers forum" but when try to go into a thread within the section the errors seem to be very hit & miss with more miss than hit

not sure if that helps but hopefully it will

There's no user setting to disable bbcode, it almost definitely lives in the forum admin though.

When you're signed in on this forum look at the top right of screen close to your forum name, it says SETTINGS click on that and it opens up the settings screen for your own profile, on left side it allows you then to edit different sections of your profile.

On the right side of screen in a grey icon box it says (view all subscribed threads) look just below that where it says Quick Navigation = next to that again in a grey icon box it says SETTINGS click on this.

This opens up all the different categories on this forum,

scroll down to the bottom half of list where it says SERVER STATUS UPDATES,

I've tried clicking on it to see what it shows but it sends me to Twitter :shrug:

Si

Edited by vw rule

I've started receiving notification emails again from this forum, still can't view my own profile, but can get into settings to edit my profile, it's still hit and miss when trying to view threads like every one else.

It's good to see you on here again Andi,

hopefully something can be done to get this great forum back on track, and like you say it would be a shame to lose all the great information that everyone on here has contributed to over the last 17 years or so :salute:

Si

I was trying to look up an old thread last night, and I too experienced the same problems as everybody else !

I h@vent had any trouble logging in, I seem to be logged in all the time,

I do miss Tapatalk for ease of posting pics

Trying to check on the wiki if some ET42 wheels would fit the corrado. So annoying that it doesn't BLOO#Y work. Anyone know if the mk4 golf version of bbs split rims 6.5j x 16 ET42, 5 x 100 fit with 288mm brakes

Such a simple question that I know the answer is here, but I CAN NOT access anything due to that stupid error :censored::censored:

Hi Cres, I know these fit the standard brakes as I have the exact alloys on mine and they are a direct fit , they are very tight to the callipers but never had any incident with them and they sit perfectly on the car with a stock looking stance . I read up on it and others said that had the RS771 (mk4 splits Jubilee) are close but never had any issues and had them on the cars for years.

Hope this helps.

Am aware of the issues but absolutely nothing I can do.. only t700bes has the necessary access behind the scenes to investigate what's happening :( Obviously hoping he manages to get it sorted.. I might not be around here much these days but I invested an actually pretty staggering amount of time into this place over the years, in one way or another.

You wont regret it they are a great buy for a Rado IMO and a good price.

These are great to if you can get a set. BBS RX226 16" 5x100

Instead of opening directly I discovered that existing private messages can be accessed by selecting the check box and opting to download as text. Selecting more than one downloads to a single file.

Hi all, I'm aware of the issues as is Andi but as Jim says aboove, Toby (the owner) is the only one that currently has the access to fix - I've dropped him a message and we'll do everything we can to safeguard the information and repair the forum.

This issue has been resolved. It was due to an upgrade on the serverside. I've worked around this for now and once the forum is updated we can have later software.

I'm going to write some updates on the forum and hopefully (stay tuned for the post) we can keep this alive.

I'm also going to post a way of you guys to actually post support calls into me and my team (as I don't login to the forum often).

This issue has been resolved. It was due to an upgrade on the serverside. I've worked around this for now and once the forum is updated we can have later software.

I'm going to write some updates on the forum and hopefully (stay tuned for the post) we can keep this alive.

I'm also going to post a way of you guys to actually post support calls into me and my team (as I don't login to the forum often).

Thanks for sorting this our - would be shame to lose the forum and all the great information on here.

Is there any way in which we could work together to help out?

Thanks as always for your efforts.

We need a simple one click way to upload pics, so many regulars have migrated to fb because of this, the two major threads for daily images of their rides haven't seen a new post since before tapatalk usage became a problem here.

Nag over

Enjoy the rest of yor day

I'm happy to help with any management, Ex web developer work in IT, more than happy to chip in to keep this amazing resource alive.

Thanks for resolving the issues t700bes

Thank you for sorting the error much appreciated :thumbleft:

Many thanks

Si