1xshaunx1

My money pit

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Bit of sunbathing this afternoon on a day off. 9318D805-9104-4311-A4F4-DBA020D62F60.thumb.jpeg.6ad4e2e095a2dc9e51da7d31cbd93589.jpeg9F7BF8F2-143E-48F8-933F-601D65EAFBA9.thumb.jpeg.6fc395bc764c9736e1394a79b18aca96.jpeg

and later

EA1B957D-7AF2-4051-92AE-CE7700931EF3.thumb.jpeg.e532eefb1e7f22ab6ce8c0820254a489.jpeg

That paint job looks fantastic in the sunshine. Are those Summer wheels? 😊

Beautiful shine.

The new carpet makes it look like a new room in a house. Bet it feels (and smells!) great

Oh man, that color and shine is GORGEOUS!! I love the reflection of the bricks in it too. It must feel so good to have it all back together again. So clean Shaun, congrats! 

On 5/24/2021 at 7:00 PM, 1xshaunx1 said:

Had an insurance quote today. I must say anyone with a modified car talk to Brentacre they are great to deal with.

I phoned them up to update the mileage figure they were showing, I did this because everyone knows what insurance companies are like when there is a claim. While I was on I said I’d like to change the agreed value as I’d had a respray and the values of these cars had gone up in general.  I’m pretty modest on the value I think, it was at £10k and I told him it was more like £15k now. He went offline for 5 mins and when he came back said he manager said no problem and no increase in premium to pay. 

If anybody is interest for a 370 bhp Corrado, agreed value of £15k, with up to 5000 annual miles and with max no claims it’s £570. To some that maybe a lot, but this is no ordinary Corrado remember. 

I've been with Brentacre for 20+ years, 3 years ago I had a non fault claim, I had legal cover and the solicitors dealt with the whole claim on behalf of the insurance co (I had to inform them myself, they were happy to hand over to the solicitors). Everything was straight forward, minor damage but as the car was low value I had the option to write it off and buy back for 10% of the pay out. £1700, or £1530 and keep the car (I sold the wheels alone for £200) and I only paid £1900 6 years previously for the car.

I never go with the cheapest quote, one day you may need to claim, only then do you find out how good your insurance is.

Cheers guys

Hasan, I think it was the best value thing that’s gone on the car at £200ish delivered. I was looking at the old carpet yesterday and it is disgusting and wouldn’t have done the car any favours. 

Cressa I put these back on as I just prefer the look of them to the standard 15” but the 15”s are comfier. 

Should be having new wishbone bushes and alignment tomorrow, be able to get about a bit further  then. 

So had the wishbone bushes, other new driveshaft and alignment done yesterday and a good 200 mile round trip to test everything. All went well with everything seeming to work ok except the dash/cluster lights so not a bad day all in all but ffs. 
checked fuse 3 today and that’s ok so, checked rear of cluster and changed headlight switch for a new one and still no joy. 
So this afternoon I’m going to have a look at the back of the fuse box again, mmmm

Not too down at this point though, teething problems, hopefully I can sort it swiftly. 
First up will be to find and change the headlight switch loom as I have one. 🙏🤞🙏

38923408-D28C-4F9F-99D7-D2FFA7F30153.thumb.jpeg.500932e6b5b57b3ff5417d437dbebbf9.jpeg

I’ll also add that it’s not as clean any more as it banged it down most of the way there. But I got to test everything including the wipers and washer jets 😖. Worth it though as it gets another few eyes to check everything that I’ve done and most importantly the screen didn’t seem to leak 👍🙏
Right, dash lights, get ready. 

What did you go for on the wishbone bushings Shaun? Good thing the windscreen has no leak but not so much on the dash lights! All of them? Good luck dealing behind the box I know how much it is a pain... Keep us posted, cheers! 

shaun? Is is just the lights in the clocks or the switches etc as well?  If the clocks, it may just be the ribbon connection to them

Did you sort your illumination out?

And did you manage to fit the driveshaft without removing the sump?

Went for these bushes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400344948435?hash=item5d366b1ed3:g:45oAAOSwI-BWFoyY

started looking at it and went for Sunday dinner, so not got to the bottom of it yet,  one for the weekend  now  

the drive shaft did get swapped without removing the sump, so it can be done, but the wishbone was off at the time , I wonder if that was the difference  

I have dash lights, hurraah, this means I have a fully working Corrado again that just needs small  improvements here and there and a service . All though it’s took a fair amount of time and effort the list of things to do is definitely quite a bit shorter than this time last year.

A feel good day in Corrado ownership, there is nothing touch it. 

On 7/5/2021 at 3:54 PM, 1xshaunx1 said:

Went for these bushes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400344948435?hash=item5d366b1ed3:g:45oAAOSwI-BWFoyY

started looking at it and went for Sunday dinner, so not got to the bottom of it yet,  one for the weekend  now  

the drive shaft did get swapped without removing the sump, so it can be done, but the wishbone was off at the time , I wonder if that was the difference  

Didn't see that post! Yes I went for those as well good brand! 

35 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Good job mate, what was it?? 

Go enjoy the car now! Cheers 

Wire connector had come out of the plug on the headlight switch loom. Replaced the whole loom as it had some issues and was on the list anyway, result. 

Well that turned out well and good thing for the extra loom too. You kind of fixed two things at the same time too!! Good for you, cheers! 

Always nice to get that list ticked off. Well done in finding and solving that problem mate.

Time for a well deserved beer 

Ha! I got the same ones too. From the dealer right? I was a little disappointed when I installed them though, they're kind of too short and still can see some treads on the valve. Are yours like that too? I was wondering if it was my valve stems that were just too long. Cheers!

18 hours ago, MJA said:

They are a nice design those BBS's. 

Cheers

Not too pricey or heavy either

CDC69828-F18E-48B8-BF3D-9B563A047F14.thumb.jpeg.dba8b9426280bf8b693419588e7640f7.jpeg

Excuse for another photo

8C0D3A68-482F-4ED5-950C-88240B7D5861.thumb.jpeg.b385bb537071a9de55357b483b8a44fd.jpeg

Much easier to clean than the usual BBS's as well. I have recaro seat envy. I need a black leather pair to finish off my car. I hope some kind sole reads that and sends me a PM haha.