Sign in to follow this  
M777CUSGTI

Tuned G60 vs a scooby doo

i ve been to nottingham for a weekend and to be honest i can remember seeing loadsa bad boy scoobys.

your main problem when comparing a tuned g60 to a scooby is getting grip off the start line, but if you ve got a good tuned g60 i think you'll be able to give some uk models a bit hassle once moving.

if you get simular power to a uk model (220bhp ish i think) or even a bit less, you'll be in a lighter car with less transmission loses so in theory you should be ok,

but remember that the scooby can be tuned up easily, :?

i had a play with some uk models with my old VR and they could nt get away, and my G60 is feels faster than my VR was even when it was on the standard chip and pulley, but it has had quite a bit of engine work done to it.

Most cars with around 200 bhp can keep with a subaru in a straight line, but top end isn't the be all and end all. The Scoob is still one of the quickest point-to-point cars on the planet, especially with the mods David mentioned earlier. As another example of top end being purely academical, the Evo 6 Tomi Makkinen can only do about 110 flat out (I think it's that one) but A to B across undulating and bumpy B roads, it's in it's own kingdom.

A Corrado can only do so much with 2WD...... then an extra 2 driven wheels and an additional 100+ hp are required in order to quite comprehensively blow things away.

I know people claim they beat various machines all the time, but under what circumstances? Straight lines? Horribly rough country roads? Lots of bends? And was the other driver even trying? I know for a fact the Corrado's ancient chassis is apalling on rough country roads but the Subaru glides over them as it's chassis was designed for rough terrain. The Corrado's was designed for smooth German roads.

Ok it was dark but I spotted a well stickered (chavved ?) up Scooby in Putney, Sarf London

I know people claim they beat various machines all the time, but under what circumstances? Straight lines? Horribly rough country roads? Lots of bends? And was the other driver even trying? I know for a fact the Corrado's ancient chassis is apalling on rough country roads but the Subaru glides over them as it's chassis was designed for rough terrain. The Corrado's was designed for smooth German roads.

Your right kev scoobys are rapid on the loose twisty roads after all that's what there designed for but most owners think there the unbeatable and its really annoying.. I wouldn't dare try and keep up with even a 220bhp scooby on the looser stuff or in the wet but where i live the roads a flat and smooth and with a bit of tweaking my old rado can kill scoobys around the twists.. and I'm not shooting from the hip .. I've owned sti spec r import .. just didn't find it as exciting or surprising as a tuned up rado and there far cheaper to run and tune up ..

there a fully decalled skooby round here aswell - its even got the names of the driver and co-driver in the windowIMO it does look pretty cool if your into that type of thing&he is into (organised)rallying local etc!!

not my style but you gotta appreicate the dude

theres a makkinen evo in red going about here...as well as a white one with a few graphics. both rip up the town at weekends. But my neighbours Corvette Z06 would be sufficient on a straight of course.

The G60...is it really possible to get a very highly tuned G with everything else still int he car and still be able to beat it.

Of course the suspension would have to be swapped for something like FK's or Konis, then you have to R1 the charger and port/polish the throttle body, inlet manifold and head too.

perhaps some adjustment to the butterflies in the tb...a smaller belt, chip and pulley...grey injectors...might even need to bore it out to 1.9ltrs and have forged pistons.

larger pump and fuel regulator?

I'm no mechanic...but most mods are there for a good G. Right? :oops:

If I hadn`t spent so much on mine I`d probably have gone for a Scooby or Evo, 200 bhp+ from a FWD car will always get beaten by the 4WD from a standing start..

I think that Scooby is pretty much the same as burbery, your gonna get out into a group when you drive it, your either a Chav or experiance a mid life crisis.

Its sad that people do stereo-type so much but its human nature.

I think a big difference for me is that a Corrado looks special and not special as in huge spoilers or gold wheels, but its a special shape and style. It does not need all the picnic benches and stickers for people to see that.

I think its a shame that a Corrado wont ever beat a scooby, but at the end of the day theres so much more to cars than that. You can only drive 0-60 in 5 secs sometimes. I myseld have considered a scooby but if you take away the stickers, wheels, spoilers bodykit, its a family saloon that I would not be seen dead in. But each to there own. There the things that some people like, I know my girlfriend thinks the Corrado looks too square but thats one of the very things I like about it.

Does anyone else think all newer cars are starting to look like eggs on there side, they have no shape to um.

got to agree - i too think its a shame that a corrado cant beat scoobies - but i'd still rather have the corrado over one. i respect the fact they are good cars though.

I know my girlfriend thinks the Corrado looks too square but thats one of the very things I like about it.

in fact every female that has been in my car loves it ;) and often spends the first 10 mins of the journey asking questions about it as usually theyve never seen one before!

TBH I'm not fussed that my car will never beat a scoob, or a 911 or a Maclaren F1. It's a different class of car, designed as focused rally tool but, damn it's ugly. Who ever thought of sticking all that tech and fine engineering in a frumpy old saloon car shell needs shooting.

Our cars win every time in the looks department at least.

I've always got favourable remarks from ladies about my car too, my ex just said last week "I love it when it growls", heh (me too) :oops:

Can't believe anyone could think a hard-driven 200hp g60 could even keep up with a scooby in anything but a straight line! Let alone beat it. No chance imo.

Like Kev said, its all about the chassis. Power is fairly academic. The scoob has a pretty trick chassis whereas the C is really an old horse. Fekin good for its time, but against a rally-bred 4 wheel drive modern chassis? Oh come on.........

I've had a Scooby and it would wipe the floor with any Corrado ,4wd or not.It will outpace the corrado on corners,take off and with little effort...class car.But ugly as sin :robot:

You can be doing 100mph(private back roads) in the Scooby and look at the scenery !! Do that in the C...!! both hand on the wheel and the veins popping out your head ...its fun :mrgreen:

You can talk about it all day long but it all comes down to the two cars there and then and where they meet. I live just outside or cardiff and i had a ~250bhp 20vt rado i never lost to a scooby and i beat a few evos two. I wouldnt put it all down to power though.

I'd get toasted off the lights or from most standstills unless it was a real dumb driver lol but i'd always catch them and especially top end i didnt see most hit anything near 160 and 9 out of 10 wouldnt take a corner as fast as i was willing to but alot of my races spring from the look across the side windows on an overtake and a cheaky grin. The odd arrogant look or cut up of myself or another driver then i enjoyed scalping them but others didnt hate so much, just seem game for a laugh and when already rolling i'd have no problem beating them.

My C being nugget yellow attracted alot of attention and i'd put money on the fact that most scoob drivers would see some 18'ish yr old in a bright yellow J reg "old" VW thinking this will be easy but one thing a corrado has over a scooby or most sports cars is we are underestimated and less well known you have that advantage so use it. Especially if you've got a conversion or money under your bonnet.

The best feeling i had was taking a Evo vii from us both being behind a KA at 30 to 145 around a slight bend blasting past in the right hand lane looking over and thinking how'd your fat spoiler red mud flaps and loud exhaust make you feel now mate? lol

10, 20, 30k on finance wont buy you that.

I've recently sold my car and it was well known around here so theres alot of drivers that will love playing with my VR i've just bought which is less powerful and wont handle as well. They will beat me but my C wont stay as standard for long and them beating me now is just going to make their shock even greater when im in front again soon after.

Pick your cars your battles and your turf.

Watch this

Goodbye Scooby !!

dont no what your on about............but the arse on that girl is unreal!!!!

Guy across the road has one of them new WRX STI scoobys and i think it looks the tits. Yes it dose have a large boot spoliey and no i am not a chav :/ Only thing i hate about it is that i am sure he has a decat and SS exahust on it cause its bluddy loud when its sitting there. Woke me you up at 10:30am a was not a happy bunny. :*(

yea seen this RACE car and its a smooth track with over 500bhp !!

:( Sorry !!

Wasn't having a go bud :wink: Just pointing out it was a race bread best :twisted:

Saying that stick light ,tax,and M.O.T and you have a road going monster 8)

Does anyone else think that all this "look what I beat in my C" and "could my car beat his car?"is just a wee bit childish?

Maybe in future people could just pull over to the side of the road, drop their trousers and compare? That's certainly what it smacks of...