Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Whatcha listen to in your Corrado?

Nothing but UK hip hop for me at the moment. Bought The documentry by The Game, but hardly played it.

My bro's a DJ, and puts mix CD's together for me.

Latest has Klashnikoff, Skinnyman, Aspects, Phi life cypher etc..

Last one had loads of old happy hardcore/D&B etc as he found all his old 90's records, but not my cup of tea!

I love the old harcore etc.

One of my mates has just got technics decks, he's gonna put some CDs together for me soon.

I have a couple of Slammin Vinyl Absolute Old Skool Classics cds which are really cool.

Gonna resurrect this 'cause I bought some cds today in the HMV sale....

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm (Banquet; what a song!)

The Pixies - Greatest Hits (no comment necessary)

Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place (for fans of Sigur Ros and Godspeed...)

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning (random purchase just cos I've heard that they're good!)

Also been listening to both the Coheed And Cambria albums lately - prog-core rules! randal_24, what did you think of the one I gave you?

EDIT: Bright Eyes rule! Kind of how Loudon Wainwright III (now there's a man and a half...) might sound if he was 20 now and liked alternative music and stuff - GO BUY!

ok, here is my embarrising list in my changer,

Shania Twain - Greatest Hits

Faith Hill- Greatest Hits

DMX - mix

Greatest country hits vol 1 and 2

my own mixes

Yes please mate :lol:

Enjoy :)

Switcha and Second Angel 05/10/2004 - Tracklisting

Blinding tunes. I'd almost pursuaded myself not to put the sub in this car to save my ears but thats all out the window now. nice one.

After having the misforune to witness some gimp miming to Jon Anderson's voice on some mash-up/re-release/mixup on TOTP on the other Friday, it prompted me to re-discover the 90125 album by Yes - what a stonker!

Had it on in the C this evening... can't work out if Hold On or Changes or Leave it is my fave at the mo.

And also re-discovered another 80's classic ;-) Heaven 17's "The Luxury Gap"

And of course the Switcha and 2nd Angel mixes supplied by Jim have been featuring quite prominenty in my Corrado blats... :-)

...the 90125 album by Yes - what a stonker!

Had it on in the C this evening... can't work out if Hold On or Changes or Leave it is my fave at the mo.

"It Can Happen" - genius

can't believe this album's 20 years old - still sounds fresh today!

Chris (feeling the 80's vibe...) 8-)

i got a md in my c and got a varity depending what takes my mood

rage against the machine, audioslave, kings of leon, blind melon, bob marley, stevie wonder, beastie boys(pauls botique), jazz jamaica, led zep,

chillis,

nice varied responses on this thread .

My fave sound would have to be that oh so smooth VR.

Though a bit of Placebo goes down well.

Anybody heard of Aim?- bought an album of theirs when in London. I can highly recommend 'em 'Hinterland' is the album title.

Eurythmics also get some time in. My god im only 23 and I like Eurythmics!

Actually, If you like Aim, then "Cold Water Music" is the album to go for - storm-nut, I highly recommend you get it as it's better than Hinterland... If yr diggin' the Aim vibe, check out some of the more laid-back stuff on Ninja Tune, like Funci Porcini and Bonobo, and DJ Shadow and UNKLE on Mo'Wax... Chilled-a-licious...

Picked up a Ninja Tune compilation and Kid Koala's "Some Of My Best Friends Are DJs" in Brighton yesterday for only £14 for both cds! Bargainous!

I think u will like K-Os aswell, very chilled melodic hip-hop. His latest album 'Joyful Rebellion' is brilliant!

today i was listening to "in tune and on time" live album by DJ Shadow, whilst on the way to work. dope album - get it if you like shadow.

yesterday i was listening to Electro 9 !!!!!

anything by,

az.

biggie.

busta rhymes.

dmx.

foxy brown.

gangstarr.

ice cube.

mobb deep.

nas.

pac.

ols skool/new skool,but none of the 'popular hip hop' eminem etc are crap! imo. :p

amerikkka's most wanted was cube's best work.

i recently bought gangstarr's first release (from ebay) - "movin' on". produced by mark the 45 king (before premier was in with them) - dope track!

look up "dr octageanacolgist" by doctor octagon and qbert. awesome album.

also grab "demolition pumpkin skweeze muzik" by qbert for the best hiphop breaks tape ever!

i got a md in my c

me too!!!

and paul's boutique is a top album, i have 2 copies of it on vinyl

only last night i was playing it on my turntables

i have all but worn out the short "funky drummer" break just before "ask for janice". i have juggled it to death. the neighbours love listening to me back to backing that loop, i'm sure. almost as much as hearing me cut on "ahh" and "fresh" for 3 hours at a time . . .

Actually, If you like Aim, then "Cold Water Music" is the album to go for - storm-nut, I highly recommend you get it as it's better than Hinterland... If yr diggin' the Aim vibe, check out some of the more laid-back stuff on Ninja Tune, like Funci Porcini and Bonobo, and DJ Shadow and UNKLE on Mo'Wax... Chilled-a-licious...

Picked up a Ninja Tune compilation and Kid Koala's "Some Of My Best Friends Are DJs" in Brighton yesterday for only £14 for both cds! Bargainous!

Cheers mate. Ill have a look round for that lot. I like loads of stuff but am terrible with names.

Need to sort out some new ICE for me rado before I can listen to anything too tasty, but ill keep my eye out.

Top man!

Just wrote the albums Details by Frou Frou and the new X&Y by Coldplay to CD for listening to in the motor :)

I think u will like K-Os aswell, very chilled melodic hip-hop. His latest album 'Joyful Rebellion' is brilliant!

Nice one, ill look out for that too.

Got given a plant life album you may like that?

Bit like Outkast but not as mainstream.

Im still keeping in real in the corrado I still got the tape deck in there :) I keep the Mp3DVDs for the everyday runaround.

Got a lot of ol skool hip hop tapes for the 90s retro feel

PE & RUN DMC (Down with the king)

BBoys + LL

Eric B 7 Rakim

Gangstarr/ Lord finesse

ICE Cube/ Geto Boyz

NIce & Smooth

Snoop, Dre & 2PAC

Plenty of timbaland + missy

Paris/ BeatNuts NAS

Some ol skool R&B in there also

Jodeci/ Rkelly

Mary J/ Aaliyah

Keithsweat/ Joe

Horace Brown/ lucy pearl

Lynden David Hall

other classic stuff I bring out from time to time when in the mood.

Hendrix/ Led zeplin

Lenny Kravitz/ Marvin Gaye

The Stones/ The kinks

Bob Dylan/ Clapton

stevie wonder/ Inxs