CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

Like a bike 8)

When you drive a MK5 DSG R32, it's fairly obvious what VW had in mind for that engine all along :D 8) The snappy throttle suits the DSG absolutely perfectly, it really is a faultless setup and extremely smooth and satisfying 8)

was messin about in the garage tonight, and instead of doing something productive I ended up playing with this:

IMG_0812.jpg

its a pucka mk4 golf R32 full setup bar the remap, but most of the pipework is useless to me as I have zero space at the front of the car anymore.

So i had to clock it back round 180 degrees and put it in the standard vr arrangement. Still going to be bloody tight going that way too, becuase of the bigger mk4 brake servo and master cylinder. Not ideal putting pipework along the back of the engine and through some 180 turn and back into the throttle body, but i have no other option really.

A glimpse of things to come (maybes) :wink:

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

can you squeeze a pipe in there???!

IMG_0819.jpg

haha - good to see you're already testing the water there...

if there's really no room at all at the front of your car you'd probably be best off looking at a chargecooler setup similar to bobby's off here (think his username is b5vwc or something similar) - either way you're best off binning the thin plastic stock intake for a short-runner.

Dave (CrazyDave off here) at DG Autotech is draughting one up as we speak i think, but i recon he'll have slowed progress due to the influx of wor DG have ad since they've opened.

if you're seriously considering it then give Dave a nudge - maybe you can "test" the prototype! :wink:

you could remote mount the brake reservoir in front of the turret there.

alternatively, make a big hole in the inner wing/chassis leg and take the pipework down through there - lets have some creativeness - you've not been shy with the rest of it after all! :D

well theres no need for that! :D

I might get the mounting brackets copied if anyone is interested in sticking a vortech on their 24v lump?

haha - good to see you're already testing the water there...

if there's really no room at all at the front of your car you'd probably be best off looking at a chargecooler setup similar to bobby's off here (think his username is b5vwc or something similar) - either way you're best off binning the thin plastic stock intake for a short-runner.

Dave (CrazyDave off here) at DG Autotech is draughting one up as we speak i think, but i recon he'll have slowed progress due to the influx of wor DG have ad since they've opened.

if you're seriously considering it then give Dave a nudge - maybe you can "test" the prototype! :wink:

was only planning on running low boost, seriously its quick enough! I kind of wanted to keep the stock inlet as it really does increase the low down punch of the car.

you should sell the vortech and go for a drive in the alps with it ;)

is the kit pretty much the same design as the 12v kit?

charger is the same, the bracket is 24v specific.

all the pipework is 24v specific, and looks to be useless to me... :shrug:

alps sounds good!

well there is naff all to it. its 2 solid bits of metal with a few holes drilled in it.

I will easily be able to make them up for, say, 700 euro lol

Little update:

Been using the car as my daily now since it was taxed, and as of yet, has not let me down.

now that i have all the interior in its a lot quieter, still a little loud tho.

needs a bearing on the front changing over.

as for pace, its feckin astounding! It pulled 160 up quite a long steep inclince the other day, i was astonished!

I was out in my mates brand new rs6 avant yesterday, and i am not lying when i say there wasnt really much in it pace wise. mental.

I think its the gearing that makes the car so quick.

anyways a couple of crappy snaps of the interior of the car. still a work in progress but its getting there.

dashboard install. its very nice, but needs finishing off, I havn't really done anything with the center consol and gear surround yet.

IMG_0837.jpg

view in the back. It was dark at the time so sorry for the crap pics.

IMG_0833.jpg

agree with Hasan - need to get a daytime shot up ;)

engine sounds very strong - excellent to hear! Are you running the default ratios in the 02m box? Was there much gearing left at 160?

as for pace, its feckin astounding! It pulled 160 up quite a long steep inclince the other day, i was astonished!

I was out in my mates brand new rs6 avant yesterday, and i am not lying when i say there wasnt really much in it pace wise. mental.

Your car is on par with a 550hp V10 twin-turbo RS6? :scratch:

If you think an R32 is quick, you will seriously fill your pants if you go out in a VRT. :lol:

no idea why. possibly gearing. I was only going off feel, so possibly a bold statement, but that was how it felt. plus the rs6 is a 2 and a half ton car, so the power to weight ratio closes right up. I am not bullsh1tting, I couldnt care less what my car is faster than, I drive like a fairy 99% of the time anyways lol

anyways, there is no way the charger is going on this with the gearing as it is, i would spend more time inbetween gears than in them.

I definately think i am getting too old to be blasting about in sports cars. It just doesnt excite me like it used to.

awwwww - you've got the cream leather interior as well...

yours is possibly my "perfect" corrado Ian.

it's been lovely watching it going through the final stages and the car is a total credit to you.

really pleased that you're more or less happy with it now.

btw if you can get hold of one (almost impossible to get cheap but....) i would use an R32 steering wheel. not only will it look the nuts and suit the car, but they feel totally at home in your hands - one of nicer wheels i've felt to drve with.

i also know exactly what you mean about them feeling so quick; like i said in other posts, i now own an evo 6 and it has felt slow ever since i got my hands on it. granted it corners like a rabbit on speed, but it really doesn't feel like it could touch the corrado on a straight, REALLY not touch it!

i would be very interested to know what sort of figures yours is making with your cams - have you had it remapped?

mine had been remapped and had sports cats, power pullies, aftermarket manifold etc and only through two wheels which is why i recon it felt so rapid. like i said before, first gear was totally unusable for anything other than pulling away - even in the dry on a hot day!!!

get some more pics up for us please :grin:

(oh, very cheeky but.... should you ever decide you're too old for it and come to sell it - i would be VERY interested in taking it off your hands :wink: )

keep up the good work pal :D

(oh, very cheeky but.... should you ever decide you're too old for it and come to sell it - i would be VERY interested in taking it off your hands :wink: )

Yeah you and half the forum!

Credit to you Coxy, get some more vids and pics up though! You need to add %30 more power to a 4wd car to get the same straight line pace where traction is not an issue, so yes you would probably be similar to an RS6 barge, until traction does become an issue! Would love to see this car in the flesh sometime. :D

Loving the interior/dash :luvlove:

Have you had a 4 wheel alignment done? Got mine done today at APS......wish I had done it months ago! difference in before and after is night and day mate! Would really recommended you to get it done asap. Have some figures for my toe, camber etc before and after as well, will scan them in and post on my thread tomm.