Henny

Henny's G60 (Now owned by Dox)

Next time I see you i'm going to sneakily pull that red 'colour coded' VW roundel off the back and pop on the spare chrome / normal one I have..

I hope you don't mind but it just looks - odd ;)

it's already gone and been swapped with a nice new black one from GPC when I was at inters just after those pics were taken... ;) 8)

henny that is absolutely sexual :D

the rear lights are really workin it too!

now when are you going to take my engine out and give it some good cleaning love?

I was always a fan of J DUB

i think this looks really good!

love the idea of u doing the engine change in a public car park! :lol:

I know.. its so ghetto and so cool..

You know you know an engine inside out when you can just swap the units in and out in an afternoon, in the middle of a car park.. insane! :D

Jim, it was an evening mate... ;) It was off the road for a week in the end 'cos I knackered up my shoulder so couldn't tighten the driveshafts or downpipe... :( I reckon it took about 10 hours in total... Although an hour and a bit of that was removing the bumper bolt which the head sheared off from right at the start of the job... :mad:

Bally, they were custom made for me by a local engineering firm... 8)

mid 15 seconds... I'll scan the slips and post 'em up when I get chance...

it's all gone quiet around here...

4 quick teasers for you of what's been going on with H-YYU... 8)

hmm led brake light?

i did start making one in the rear vw roundel on mine that looks standard and then lights up bright red with the brakes

Removed and smothed rear wiper. Side strips removed as well as side repeaters and de-badged? Looking good there Henny. Did you not get a tad nervous drilling holes in the spoiler?

Aww.. debadged :(

I was always quite proud to advertise who made it and what it was because it got so many looks! But nevermind.. paintwork looks triffic on it, and some nice touches there.. look forward to seeing the finished article!

Removed and smothed rear wiper. Side strips removed as well as side repeaters and de-badged? Looking good there Henny. Did you not get a tad nervous drilling holes in the spoiler?

It's still got side repeaters... 8) I got my local engineering shop to CAM drill the holes as they have been drilled at a specific angle to the top face of the spoiler else what I'm doing won't work... Oh, and I've got a spare spoiler which was also painted just in case it doesn't work! ;) :lol:

Aww.. debadged :(

I was always quite proud to advertise who made it and what it was because it got so many looks! But nevermind.. paintwork looks triffic on it, and some nice touches there.. look forward to seeing the finished article!

I only had it de-badged 'cos there was LOTS of rot around the mounting holes when I removed the badges... She'd had quite a bit of paintwork in the past by the look of things... :|

There's not much modified really on the body work... it's just nice to have her all the same colour for a change! :lol:

Looking good... can't wait to see what you have planned for the spoiler 8)

Will be interesting to see the difference in paint between mine and yours at e38 :D

mine looks such a different colour now... I'm not sure if he's painted it the right colour or not... :| It's nice though... 8)

saw you this morning Henny, good to see you after your hols and you've not messed about getting stuff rolling on your motor either. Fair play.

Hopefully mine will have some sneaky additions next time you see it!

Andrew

Right, update time again...

She's up and running once more... only 4.5 months after the head gasket finally let go... :oops: :roll:

She's now got a helicoil in the headbolt hole for bolt 10, which should solve the problems with the head gasket weaping I now suspect I've had since I got this engine... :mad:

She started up beautifully this morning and I drove her around the block, although the timing's a mile out, she went like a scalded cat! :twisted: Turns out that my CO pot had packed in which caused a delay in getting her running for the last couple of weeks while I worked out WTF was going on with it... :roll: :lol:

Current spec:

1940cc 1H block: 83mm bore using G60 rods, Customised Mahle pistons and balanced VW crank (can't remember what it's out of) giving compression ratio of 9.5:1

Fully balanced and lightened bottom end (there's less than 1gram total difference over all 4 pistons!) including lightened flywheel

G-Werks/CNC Heads Big valve, CNC ported, polished head and inlet manifold

G-Werks/PSD Custom Newman cam to suit head (somewhat high lift - head needed modding to clear the cam! :twisted: )

Kent Cams vernier cam pulley

Heat treatment tape'd inlet manifold with G-Werks spacer gasket (phenoloic or something like that which I can't remember or spell! :lol: )

Ford Motorsport (US) Red top injectors

Bosch/Porsche 3.5bar FPR

G-Werks Stage4 charger

JMR 69.1mm toothed pulley kit

Modded standard airbox with K&N panel filter and direct air feed through carbon cannister hole

13row Mocal oil cooler in place of original Corrado intercooler - Original heat exchanger removed and MKI golf pipes used to delete.

Golf G60 intercooler with BAR-TEK silicone and ali pipework

Silicone vacuum hoses

Pacet rad fan on standard Corrado G60 radiator wired to go full speed on first stage of rad switch and over-run

Gasket matched and ported exhaust manifold, throttle body, charger outlet and inlet manifold.

JMR/Milltek hi-flow downpipe heat wrapped and mated to Miltek exhaust system.

Schrick baffled sump with windage tray.

Corrado VR6 SACHS clutch

Stealth Racing rebuilt G60 gearbox with Quaife ATB and VR6 1st, 2nd and reverse gears.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember it all... :o :lol:

Soon to come:

Remap (again :cuckoo: ) for new head/cam + other tweaks

Boost return deletion involving catch can and silencer box

Second inlet to charger (if tests prove it's worth the hassle) which'll involve re-locating the battery

Water injection (2 stage)

I'll post up some pics when I get chance to take some, and when she's actually looking good enough to take photos of... :oops: :lol: