Henny

Henny's G60 (Now owned by Dox)

Thats gonna be fecking quick! Cant wait to see this in action at somepoint, should be awesome!!

hehehe

I bet your insurance company loved you when they asked " is the car standard sir" lol

Sounds absolutely awesome mate

Schrick baffled sump with windage tray.

hey henny whats the shrick sump give ya over normal buddy

It's baffled and has a windage tray? ;)

The baffles stop all the oil slopping to one side under hard cornering and thus your oil pump having nothing to suck up to push around the engine. I'm not entirely sure, but I presume a windage tray is a slightly deeper bit in the sump that the oil pump feeds from to make sure it's always got oil available to spit back into the engine.

Could be completely wrong tho... :lol:

yup... the Shrick sump holds more oil than a standard sump,(about another litre IIRC) and has baffles to stop the oil slopping to one side during high speed cornering (not that I'd do that on the public roads, honest ossifer)... it's also finned underneith so should help with cooling slightly...

Oh, and it also looks nice too! :lol:

The windage tray stops the crank from frothing up the oil as it spins through it at high revs...

I drove her properly on Sunday, after setting the timing up a bit better... still didn't take her over 3.5K or half throttle, but she's definately a bit lively! :D

She's booked in at Chipwizards next tuesday to get mapped... and then off down to Stealth that Sunday to show some of you people what she'll do... 8)

I SOOOO can't wait... oh, and I may have got my arse in gear and put the dashboard back in by then too... :oops: :lol:

oh, and I may have got my arse in gear and put the dashboard back in by then too...

..now you're just showing off! :lol:

I'm really gutted im not going to the RR day now...i'd love to see this beast :(

hoping to see a running engine on the rollers that'll produce some more power than standard! ;)

Other than that, anything over 250bhp I'll be happy with, anything closer to 300 and I'll be extatic! ;)

I'm guessing that the torque figure/graph should be pretty good, bearing in mind that last time I ran it, Vince said it was THE best G60 outputs he'd ever seen... :D :D :D

/non-committal

I got back from Waynes at 2:30 AM this morning after leaving him at gone 1am... :? I'd got there at 9am... :o

He was an utter star with my car as I managed to snap the toothed supercharger belt :roll: so he got his mate to run me into Manchester to find a bearing supplier to get a new one from while he cracked on with another car... 8)

He set up my vernier pulley and the chip and has transformed her into a totally different machine... Let's just say she's rather much better than she was... :twisted: (I'll post figures up after the Stealth rolling road session this Sunday... :p )

He wouldn't stop until he found every bit of power he could out of the engine as he was sure that there was some more in there somewhere!

If you do need to get a remap, I would 100% reccommend giving Wayne at Chipwizards a cal!

One thing I will say is that if you do go to Waynes place, take a packed lunch and wrap up WARM... once he gets his new sound proof rolling road booth sealed up and the fans flowing air through, it gets a weeeeee bit cold in there!

Definately money well spent... my face aches today from grinning on the trip home and back into work this morning! :notworthy:

hi henny i know this sounds like a stupid question but does he supply a chip and put his own map on it or does he take your existing chip and write over it that probs dont make sense but once i get my fmic and toothed conversion for charger i might get mine mapped it will be at g-werks but i guess the same principle applies! thanks andy

quality!

i am so gutted to be missing the trip down to stealth as a passenger in this beast....!

Henny, you free this week to catch up, I still have your woolly hat :oops:

iow_corrado_g60, For what you pay, you get a brand new chip with a custom code on it which can either be based on the existing map you're running, or a fresh one based on a similar engine he's already mapped... I've still got the chip I ran the car up there on, as I'm considering building up my other engine to the same spec that this engine was before I dropped on the G-Werks CNC head and cam, so I'll already have a map that's 99% there...

Lippy, Yeah mate, I would have met up, but work's somewhat mental at the moment so I'm not getting out until late and have loads to do before the weekend... :( We'll have to meet up for a pint next week one night... 8)

iow_corrado_g60, If you're down Darren's way, then yeah, get it mapped there... what he doesn't know about G60s isn't worth knowing and I'm sure that once his rollers are up and, well, rolling :lol: then he'll be able to do as good a map for a G60...

gradeAfailure, dunno about beating the charged VR6 crew... they do have an extra 50% of my engine on top! (almost 1000CCs AND 2 extra cylinders) saying that, I think that some of them may be worried... ;) :lol:

mike_g60, Wayne's up at J21 of the M62 (Milnrow) - he doesn't just know his stuff, he knows other peoples stuff too! :lol: ;) To say he's good is an understatement...

OK, time for an update...

A few pics from after Santa Pod 8 days ago, and some from Curborough on Saturday...

Nice one matey - looking good!

DSCF2079.JPG has to be a contender for the calender comp! 8)