Henny

Henny's G60 (Now owned by Dox)

Welcome to the gallery and history of my new (as yet nameless) Pearl Grey '91 G60 (H-YYU)

So far it's pretty standard, but that's all gonna change over the next couple of months which is what this thread is all about! ;) 8)

It's a 1991 (07-91 registered) HPI clear, Corrado G60 in Pearl Grey with 151,000 miles, lots of history and 4 previous owners... It's got the smaller (12ish UK Gallons) petrol tank and no ABS to go wrong! ;) :lol:

At the time I picked it up it's got the following mods (Well, these are what I've found so far! ;) )

Jabba Stage4 supercharger rebuild (soon to be visiting G-werks ;) )

FULL milltek stainless system and de-cat pipe (Fitted by Jabba)

Black tinted (painted) rear lights

Red rear VW badge

Black leather interior

Gold battery terminals with LOTS of extra wiring which I'm yet to investigate! (car has apparently been used for an ICE demo car, and has all sorts of odd wires, brackets and mounts in the boot under the carpet! :| )

Dynamat covering in all sorts of places

Stealth shelf with 6x9 speakers

Non-standard front door pods with Kenwood speakers...

Kenwood head unit

3 spoke Black leather steering wheel (made by OBA?!? )

MAS Italy 17" 10 spoke wheels

Clear side repeaters

Later spec front grill

Later spec bonnet

Remote start, CAT1 alarm/immobiliser

Body wise, it's got a couple of parking/trolley dents, a couple of stone chips and a slight rust patch by the passenger side repeater, but nothing too serious... 8) Oh, and the sunroof tilts but doesn't slide... Looks like another moon roof conversion is in my near future! :roll: :lol: :twisted:

I've got a hell of a lot planned for this car, so keep watching as things should move pretty quickly with this project as most of it will just be swapping bits from J-DUB over onto this car... ;) 8)

These are the pics from the for sale advert which was on this forum as I've not taken any myself so far...

Edited by Henny
sold it!

looks really nice mate, wheels really seem to suit it and i'm not normally a fan of 'modern' wheels on a C.

Frankenstein would be an appropriate name...

Er yes you missed something - it was involved in a smash and written off! The original G60 is going to be stripped of its valuables (of which there are many) and will have them all transplanted onto this.. the old J DUB will then become some kind of project!

Anywho - this is a cracking looking motor Henny! Love colours like this, and the car just looks nice and well looked after.

quikstu, J-DUB was involved in an accident and is now a CAT C write off... I haven't got time to fix her and get her re-assessed to make her road legal again at the moment (new passenger front wing and suspension required) so I'll swap the interesting bits over onto the new car and then do something different to J-DUB once I get some spare time/cash... 8)

does look like a worthy successor to j-dub 8)

could start a new thread for name suggestions for the new motor, i take it its a she? :wink:

I'm not sure if this one's male or female... I normally call my cars names made from the numberplates, but the only thing I can get out of this one is Hughie (H U YY ;) ) Anyway, it may be getting a different plate on it soon, so naming will come later... 8)

Glad to see you've got a new motor Henny - i think i saw this in the trader some months back - I remember those alloys, and the car description was pretty good too. I was pretty tempted, but really wanted a VR. Anyway, good its gone to someone who knows about the car (understatement!) And BTW, let me know what you want to do with those wheels - they're pretty nice, although my fave are still Kevs ZH1s.

Saw this car on Sunday, it looks even better in the flesh!

One thing tho that red VW badge on the rear need to go!

Very nice, i like the grey corrados

Henny i think OBA is the steering wheel that Euro Car Parts sell

I sence a glitch in the Matrix! :wink:

*mod edit - I've deleted the multiple posts above now - Matrix glitch resolved... ;) - Henny *

Congratulation Henny!

I love Pearl Grey!

It is a good basis to do something kinda nice, but you will rebuild J Dub and it will be better than ever!

Best of luck and you gotta have a year long thread for this one too 8)

Hi Majik, its sitting in my garage waiting on some body work to be done.

I want to do it right when i get it done, its pearl grey too

Congratulation Henny!

I love Pearl Grey!

It is a good basis to do something kinda nice, but you will rebuild J Dub and it will be better than ever!

Best of luck and you gotta have a year long thread for this one too 8)

Cheers! J-DUB will be back at some point... there's so little damage that it'd be criminal not to put her back on the road... I've decided that the only way to do it is with a complete engine transplant though, so expect something a little different when J-DUB does make a come back.... ;) :twisted:

Heh Heh... I wonder if this car realises it's about to get bionic'd up!

Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! :twisted: It's sat outside looking all sweet and innocent... little does it know the plans I have for it... :lol: :wink: :roll:

Nice one Henny, although I'm a little concerned about you getting a dark grey C with lots of Dynamat... starting to sound like another Mod's C :lol:

It's gonna be a beast 8)

Nice one Henny, although I'm a little concerned about you getting a dark grey C with lots of Dynamat... starting to sound like another Mod's C :lol:

It's gonna be a beast 8)

LOL!

That leather *cough* looks nice Ian mate :lol:

I'm liking the paint colour and wheels, looks nice 8)

wicked car... duno what to say about the red badge on the back tho lol

each to there own

Didn;t take long to get the leather in eh?

As to the name, i was ponderin chaingin the plate to G6O XX, which i thought was q sweet but couldnt part with the £410! its still available mind lol

Looking good Ian! I actually really like the wheels on it they really suit the C!! So when are you going to have a car ready for a little burn down the strip then :wink: :)