Henny

Henny's G60 (Now owned by Dox)

Looking good, saw you run at Santa Pod at the GTI Festival, were you having problems? Wasn't as fast as I expected on the run I saw you do.

Phil, yup, dying fuel pump which is limiting me somewhat and will be changed this week... Still managed a 6.68 0-60mph time according to my GPS tracker though! 8)

.Rich., :oops: yeah, I'll get my arse in gear at some point and buy one for it... :oops: :lol:

I like the borbet C's and i think they even especially good on nugget's.

Enter a picture into the calendar competition mate.

Phil, yup, dying fuel pump which is limiting me somewhat and will be changed this week... Still managed a 6.68 0-60mph time according to my GPS tracker though!

Still not bad then. I saw you coming round to the start and was telling my mate about your car and how it should be pretty quick, and then you didn't go so well :oops:

Phil, yeah, I looked slower than I actually was 'cos the standard-ish looking red MKII golf I was up against turned out to have a 350BHP+ 20VT lump in it and pulled a low 13 time! :roll: :lol: I think I pulled a 15.6 but it was backfiring on every gearchange and bogging down due to the timing being yanked back by the ECU when it detected it was running lean 'cos of the dodgy fuel pump... I only ran her once 'cos I didn't want to melt her/blow her up due to running lean...

Louie Lungbubble, shhhhh! don't let all my plans out into the open.... ;) :lol: Nah, I dropped that idea 'cos I saw a car with it done and it looked a little too chav-esque for my tastes and I couldn't see a way of doing it any neater...

meh, I just tend to do it now so people know it's my car as I always call 'em J-DUB or H-YYU... the security side doesn't really matter now as there's that many pics of her about on other forums etc that the numberplate's on pics elsewhere anyways... ;)

Hi Henny, is that graph since you had your last few bits done?

Very impressive!

yeah, that's the latest graph... just wish the f*#@ing thing would keep running for more that 10 days between going wrong...

Been seriously considering throwing in the towel recently and selling her on(keeping J-DUB as my project) and buying something cheaper to run... :(

hey henny stick with her mate shes quality she'll come through all reliable soon too! and you'll have the biggest smile on your face ever!

p.c chap did you get my pm about why to ditch the giro valve!

Cheers Andy (and dont chuck the towel in)

i thought about selling mine. i couldn't after driving other things but i only got 1. if you got 2 then you could sell 1 and save a load of corrado hassle.

the joys of a highly modded lump.

what issues are you getting mate.

I'll post up a thread to pick all of your brains, but I'm starting to think that it's blown another head gasket which means that the block will be scrap this time... :(

clicky for dead car thread

Hope you get it sorted, mate- bit of a puzzle!

Would be a shame to sell- it's looking mighty fine! Think the smoked Inpro's look superb on grey cars.

good stuff! looking forward to seeing a G top the charged VRs.. ;)

Hehe, i am looking forward to doing the same thing with mine when i finally sort out the problems with it. I have a simular setup in mine but its not running propperly at the moment.

Jabba sport 2 liter bottom end, g-werks stage 4 charger, cams, fueling etc. I still need to get the timing sorted out, its 1/2 tooth out at the moment and i dont have a vernier pully yet, and then i need get a smaller charger pully fitted, at the moment she is runing a stock 78mm pully and topping out at 7psi but even this low its making 222hp and 175 lb.

Once i get the boost pressure back up and spend some more time on to rollers i am looking for 250+. Then it will be time to show up some vr's.

so you thought THAT was a thread resurrection?!? :lol: This thread's been quiet for just shy of a whole year! :lol:

H-YYU is now sat on the drive of our new home and has a new fuel pump... she's still waiting for me to do the head gasket (2.5 years on!) but she'll be attacked soon to get her back on the road again... she may also find a few more ponies in the process as I've had some time (!) to think up some more modifications while she's been off the road... :ignore: :norty: :grin:

managed to get some time to work on her this weekend...

Lost an hour trying to get into the car after the door locks decided not to work... :epicfail:

Stripped out the interior ready for treating the leather to some re-colour, feed and general TLC...

Bailed out the rear drivers footwell which was holding 1/2" of water... :pukeright: think I may have a slight leak somewhere... :brickwall:

Took the head off the engine to try and work out WTF is wrong with it... Still got no ideas... :help: