Henny

Henny's G60 (Now owned by Dox)

managed to get some time to work on her this weekend...

Lost an hour trying to get into the car after the door locks decided not to work... :epicfail:

Stripped out the interior ready for treating the leather to some re-colour, feed and general TLC...

Bailed out the rear drivers footwell which was holding 1/2" of water... :pukeright: think I may have a slight leak somewhere... :brickwall:

Took the head off the engine to try and work out WTF is wrong with it... Still got no ideas... :help:

No sign of HG failure then?

Ooh, I hadn't realised I'd not updated this thread in ages... :roll: :tumbleweed:

She's not moved in over 2 years now (and that was only after we moved house so she was towed to her new driveway!)

I've since sold the gearbox and top end of the engine... We then discovered that the cause of the engine problems was the valve springs... several of which had snapped, hence her running perfectly when first started and getting worse once revved as the valves then failed to seal... :brickwall: Should have been a quick and cheap fix, but I never managed to get the time to find this fault...

Anyway, I'm hoping that over the next 18 months or so that I'll be spending some time and money on her to get her back onto the road again... I'll update when there's some news... 8)

It would be good to see his on the move again.

Yeah, I agree! :lol: The bodywork has held up well, and I've cleaned her every now and then to make sure that any moss/crud that builds up on things that are just sat around doesn't get a hold and damage stuff... So far the only bit that's showing signs of any problems is a spot (about the size of a 5p) on the tailgate which has been slightly scratched at some point and has now started to blister slightly... :(

Once I get an engine and gearbox back in her, she should be good to MOT and go! :)

Just need to decide what engine and gearbox to put in, save up for it and get them bought and rebuilt.... :shrug: :grin: :ignore:

Hope your not putting a 20vt in there Henny!

AJ

Maybe, but I've got a better idea if I can get hold of the engine and box I want... :norty: She won't be powered by a G60 anymore though... :? Need something that'll be more reliable and the G-laders are all getting a bit long in the tooth now... and after having one with 252bhp, I've done the "nervous twitch every time the engine makes an odd noise" thing :pale: enough now and want more power, so it's gonna be a different engine this time...

right, well, that's the 1940cc engine and supercharger sold... :help:

So, what's next for the engine bay? Well, she's going to get a damned good clean and a bit of a paint work touch-up in there over the next few months as it wasn't done when the car was re-sprayed, and then it's time to find a new engine and gearbox to put in there... what's going in there? :shrug: I dunno yet, but I've a few ideas.. :ignore: :norty:

no... this one's under-wraps until I work out what I'm doing 100%.... I'll be documenting it all and will post up after I've done it all, but I don't want any pressure with this build, or any expectiations... I also don't want to give anything away until it's done, as it's possible this may be a UK first... 8) (although with the time scales I may be looking at, I doubt it will be... :roll: :lol: )

Mid-engined V10? :notworthy: Do it!!!!

it'll probably end up being a daily driver when it's done (again) so the engine will be somewhere sensible, probably in the front... :lol:

My guess is a 20v ITB's

ugh, no, not ITBs... not my style at all... :?

Twin charged 1.4 maybe :?

That's on the list, but not as a 1.4! :nuts:

the 2.5 TTRS engine? :eek:

That's one that's way up top of the list... :norty:

Got the self study guide for the 1.4 twin charger, worth a read as most of the ECU side should be adaptable to suit a larger displacment...

Drop me a PM with your email if you want it.

well, it's over 9 months since I last updated this thread, so...

H-YYU hasn't moved under her own power for over 5 years now, but I've been keeping her clean and making sure that she doesn't deteriorate badly while she's sat on my drive... Plan was to put a new engine in her this year, but something cropped up and put a stop to that...

Pic14.jpg

Meet Zac! Born 03/12/2011 (Full name: Zachary David) 8)

Obviously, Zac's going to be taking most of my spare time and effort (and probably cash!) over the next few years, but I'm still looking into various options to get H-YYU back on the road again, even down to getting a standard G60 engine/box just to get her back into use once more...

I'll keep updating as/when things happen... 8)