Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Bought some new letters/numbers,in a number plate stylee...but not for 'the' nuber plate :wink:

I also scratched the trim near the boot lid,while sticking some front seats in the back :(

well went to fit my sunroof trim back in today only to realise a load of this rainwater has gone through a tiny gap, thus leaving a small flood in the driver seat position.

i am on the fucking brink of exploding now and feel like getting rid of the pissin thing for a few hundred quid :mad: to cue it all off...its now chucking it down

Last couple of days since collection of the newest member of my collection has been some serious polishing.

Raining more today so had a crack at the interior - ran out of microfibre cloths, got about 15 or so, had use 3 on the headlining alone!

Too dark to see what I am doing now so game over for today :(

Had an alarm health check - all OK

Fixed my heater controls illumination, light has been flickering on and off. Removed bulb, turned around which made it tighter somehow?? put control back together, sorted. This work was carried out in traffic on the way home :-)

:D Only chance I get sometimes ;-)

Today, Had my the Storm in for a service, fluids done and MOT. Couple of bits fixed: new track rod end, top mounts a rear break pipe. Had to have new number plates for MOT gurrr, slight spacing issue apparently. Finally got my RCs back on after being away from being reconditioned. So slowly getting my parts bin on the car!

got a few bits in the post from darren at g'werks :D

shame the postman still has my charger :oops:

finshed off the rear brakes and bushes, welded up the hole under the battery and fitted new engine mounts

Sound deadened the passenger door, with loads of nice bits from the boys at Audioscape. Only the drivers door to do now. Woo Hoo...

ooo, nice. always fancied getting one of those....is that a 225bhp one or a 180? seat dealership too, must have cost you a few bob...??

im off to buy me a mk4 Tdi golf 150bhp version tommorrow, well ill be taking some money with me anyway :roll:

It was 15.5K and paid for with my company car allownace... I'm still skint but don't have to pay for it out my pocket :lol:

Oh, and it's the 225bhp version 8)

Keep us posted on the mk4 - should be sweet!

Phil K, Get yourself a fabia rear wiper on that Leon Now!!

· 6Y9 955 707 A - Skoda Fabia estate rear wiper arm

· 6Y0 955 425 - Skoda Fabia estate rear wiper blade

· 6Y9 955 435 A - Skoda Fabia estate rear wiper cover/cap

azalealeon2.jpg

It was 15.5K and paid for with my company car allownace... I'm still skint but don't have to pay for it out my pocket

Oh, and it's the 225bhp version

thats a result then, wish royal mail would give me a company car, all i can get is a 3 speed bike!!

Fitted new VR6 top mounts to my valver today - well, I say I did.. more like 2cc did all the difficult graft and I undid a few nuts and bolts where possible.

Took bloody hours thanks in no part to a number of very resistant bolts but we got there in the end. A few head scratchers but good old 2cc stuck in there and just got the job done long after my attention span had escaped.

Has lightened my steering considerably (and yes, we did check everything was tightened up properly!) but most importly stopped the cars predilection for pitching and lurching all over the road when touching any raised or off camber bits.. its so much better now. Just need a full alignment now and i'll be good to go :)

My thanks to 2cc again and also to Tempest, even though he spent all day at deaths door in bed thanks to an OD on booze last night ;) Thanks for the loan of the tools and garage though :)

moved it over a bit, dragged the R32 lump past it so it can go in the 4mo, then dragged the new Audi 3.2 lump past it and started stripping off all the bits I'm not using.

Working through my list of stuff to sort on the VR.

Stripped out the door cards, gave them a really good bloody clean - people who smoke in cars dont half make a bloody mess!! Thanks for Nathan for the leather cleaning guide, really, really useful just got to do the stuff in the car now.

Swapped the bogging in-pro rear lights back to OE.

Adjusted the tumblers in the drivers door lock so I dont need two keys anymore.

Stripped the mirror switch down and cleaned + reassembled it, KB article coming soon for that.

Hopefully fixed the rattle on the drivers side window when it is up.

Changed the thermal resistor on the heater motor but it still only blows on 4...

Still a shed load to do, anyone got a OEM CD unit for a 93 VR hanging around? (Sony one would do)

Exchanged battery at motor factors under warranty claim, fitted new chrome interior door handles, tried fitting handbrake gaitor but too long and need new plastic handle before sliding it on, found that the passenger footwell is soaking wet..........uh-oh !

Detailed headlights

Fixed rattle under dash, and greased squeeky clutch pedal

Fitted new rad (very proud of myself!)

Changed the thermal resistor on the heater motor but it still only blows on 4...

Was the resistor damaged Yan?? - you have to be fairly careful soldering these in to get the right connection... The other thing it could be is the contacts on the switch need cleaning / bending - try the pack out of the 16v

Was the resistor damaged Yan?? - you have to be fairly careful soldering these in to get the right connection... The other thing it could be is the contacts on the switch need cleaning / bending - try the pack out of the 16v

Was a half decent soldering job, might have popped the thermal limit on the fuse and ruptured it though.. :roll: :oops:

Will check the dial switch to see if the contacts need bending. Not too keen on robbing the motor from the valver but I suppose a diagnostic rob is in order to find out.

Today I mostly came back to my car with a nice big dent in it from some twat in waitrose carpark in Ringwood........arse wipes. Rear bumper is the shape of a banana and the rear panel has a subtle crease to it.....arrrrrrhgggghhh. Thinking about claiming on the insurance for once. Hope you have all had better days!

Today I mostly came back to my car with a nice big dent in it from some twit in waitrose carpark in Ringwood........arse wipes. Rear bumper is the shape of a banana and the rear panel has a subtle crease to it.....arrrrrrhgggghhh. Thinking about claiming on the insurance for once. Hope you have all had better days!

FFS, bloody Waitrose too, it's not like most people that shop there are not sure of a few bob.

Any CCTV coverage of the car park Andy?