Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Parked it in the drive and looked at it for a while and thought, "My MOT's next month." Bugger, then hoped for some dry weather so I can estimate the cost. Then had a sub-thought about how much I hate speedbumps and topmounts and bushes and all things suspension cos my neck aches for dats after I've been lying under it for hours. Then I drove it to the supermarket and didn't care..

^^^ Brilliant! :D

Went for a quick morning drive, the C is as good as it’s ever been (touch wood and all that).

Then washed, waxed, vacuumed & rain-x’d.

There is nothing like a clean, shiny C!

took the headlights out and cleaned out 15 years of grime! the took the eadlights apart and gave them a good clean!

removed the roof drip mouldings

How do they come out again Gareth? I was thinking about colour coding mine

Replaced aerial gasket. Cleaned and fed leather. Smells lovely now- the Autoglym cleaner didn't remove as much grime as I wanted though :(

Took the whole dash out, heater box and matrix today also took the plastic mouldings off from the bottom off the windscreen, 17 years of crap from under there and around the fan motor blower, much better!

removed the roof drip mouldings

How do they come out again Gareth? I was thinking about colour coding mine

Working from the back at the square section in front of the hinge cover gently prise up ober the locating peg, work foward lifting it free from the drain chanel (held in with self adhesive tape) and once at the front gently pull back from the front slide in locating pin. Refitting is simply the reverse.

Replaced aerial gasket. Cleaned and fed leather. Smells lovely now- the Autoglym cleaner didn't remove as much grime as I wanted though :(

Which aerial gasket did you use and where did you get it from mate ?

Managed to get the teeny tiny most inaccessible screw that hold the ignition switchy thing out in about 10 minutes, with only one bent screwdriver :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought it was going to take a lot longer than that!!

Stripped and cleaned isv and throttle body - took inlet mani off and smoothed and started polishing. Stripped rear brakes ready for rebuild when I get some grease for the sliding pins. Tried new car seat for 't babby and checked the buggy goes in ok. Took headlight and surrounds out to clean. Need to free off the rear brake bias valve - not looking forward to that :( . Took some pics to post in engine bay and posted some questions. Ordered a coilpack/ht leads/ignition switch and pcv. That's about it today!

tried AGAIN to sort out my G60 idle problem (lumpy as shite).

So far I've replaced both water temp sensors, ISV, throttle body switches, plugs and cables, idle screw, timing sorted out, ECU vacuum hose !! now looking at wires and ECU :( :censored: :help: :brickwall:

oh and collected over priced bonnet sound deadening foam from dealers :hitler:

removed off side brakes and discs, cleaned under arch, fitted 288 set up and bled em.

Removed spoiler mechanism, dismantled, cleaned, re-greased, removed dodgy thermal cut-out from motor, reassembled. Nice and smooth now! :-) Gonna put it back in the car tomorrow.

Also worried about the ever-louder timing-chain-like noise from the engine, and wondered if I should replace the tappets first to see if that quietens it down before stripping the whole thing apart to investigate.

Broke the oil feed pipe to the charger at the head end on my G60, rubber had gone hard & then fractured inside the braiding. New one ordered, should arrive tomorrow & I will fit it.

Unbolted the antenna from the roof, cut away all the foam, horid & wet, ripped the amp off, resoldered the antenna, put it all back together & now have radio again!

Kev

the little cap from off the top of the gear stick fell off last night :(

went into the house, got some SuperGlue, stuck it down.

Checked this morning..perfect :cheers: