Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

spent ages scratching my head trying to work out why my car is only running on cylinders 3 and 4... replaced £200 worth of parts and am still no further on.... :(

I think that feeling comes as standard with a corrado, doesn't it? I spent a month trying to work out why mine wouldn't run before.

The injectors are all working properly?

Good luck with her.

Toad, that's tonights list of things to check... if it's not a pair of failed injectors, then it's off to a garage for them to try and work out what's going on with it... :(

Can't believe I paid someone to take my de-cat pipe off for the MOT, and re-fit the CAT BADLY! :mad: Re-fitted the de-cat pipe myself, using only one axle stand under the offside wishbone and it was dead easy, and now my exhaust isn't catching various parts of the chassis....if you wanta job doing well do it yourself rings true!!

...........mmmm no rattles!

Toad, that's tonights list of things to check... if it's not a pair of failed injectors, then it's off to a garage for them to try and work out what's going on with it... :(

check the resistance on the end of teh wiring loom to the injectors should be about 3-4 ohms, if the injectors are ok, ruling out the harness as you have replaced that already,,

i refitted the doorcard after fixing my electric window and mirrrors.

Moved the cig lighter to below the stereo so I can charge my phone in my car!

Velcroed in my VDO gauges as they kept slipping out when driving.

Got spotted by my neighbour with my feet over the headrests looking at the wiring below the steering cowling :lol:

Stripped the front brake calipers & carriers down, painted (black), greased the brake pad runners and refitted. Actually only one front and one rear as i ran out of time. Left the rear carrier in in pace as I couldnt get the damn bolts out. Any suggestions? I've sprayed them with WD40 but didnt have much luck. Might use the hammer next time

Next week the other side. Its quite a worthwhile exercise if only to free things up and remove any corrosion.

Stripped the front brake calipers & carriers down, painted (black), greased the brake pad runners and refitted. Actually only one front and one rear as i ran out of time. Left the rear carrier in in pace as I couldnt get the damn bolts out. Any suggestions? I've sprayed them with WD40 but didnt have much luck. Might use the hammer next time

Next week the other side. Its quite a worthwhile exercise if only to free things up and remove any corrosion.

Try using a hammer and a punch to give the head of the bolt a bit of a wack, should free it up a little.

fla... did exactly the same this weekend stripped the brakes one was stuck solid so removed the piston and fitted new seals yeh brakes that work ish!!! only prepped em for painting as i decided part way through to upgrade too 280mm.

Also did abit of interior trimming to make my rear TT seats look better.... very happy with the results!!

oh nearly forgot sprayed my new side skirts black... 8)

Bought a 280 brake set up!!! doh why didnt i do that before a stripped and refurbed my standard brake set up...... oh well atleast i know what im doing know!!LOL

when to take the 'c' to work to fit my new wheels (thanks to ben16v) and remove sump to check engine knock/rattle and the brakes failed (pedal gone a bit soft before but allways came back) so i now need a new master cylinder, why did i change that 15 year old brake fliud :cry: . need to fit new front to rear pipes anyway :roll: . engine rebuild/upgrade/more power moved to bottom of the list again :(

well after driving around wales in the girlfriends 1.2 seat ibiza :oops: i could not wait to go out for a blast in mine, i really missed my car, and it has only been 5 days, left her emptying out her car, while i went for a 45 minute blast down the A38/M42, happily whistling away. :D

Ordered a pressie for it - 6 branch stainless, milltek sport cat and full milltek system. Should sound quite tasty I reckon :)

Fitted starter button. Thank goddont have to hotwire her anymore.

New handbrake cables and fixed horn.

Finally got the new aerial plumbed in to the back of the radio in the Golf....after THREE FRELLING HOURS with a piece of string and a coathanger. Then I got to put the dashboard back together...

On the plus side, I now have a working stereo for the first time in months... :cool: