Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Last night topped up the air con - very cool!

Today on the way to work had windscreen smashed by a stone thrown up by a lorry :bad-words:

Just when everything was looking good.

thats always the way, when things looking good - something happens...!! :( is it repairable??

do like the BMC's, what did you do with the old air box? im looking to put the original back in as i have a crappy k&n and it needs to go... i would be interested in giving you a few bob for it??

i had a k&n filter b4 the bmc ,i think i have the original in the loft to be honest i have not used the std air box for 7 years or so

i have only tested the bmc up and down the road (no mot)(retest on friday) and its still a noce noise but not as loud and in your face like the k&n!!

if you really want the std air box let me know i will have a look :)

do like the BMC's, what did you do with the old air box? im looking to put the original back in as i have a crappy k&n and it needs to go... i would be interested in giving you a few bob for it??

i had a k&n filter b4 the bmc ,i think i have the original in the loft to be honest i have not used the std air box for 7 years or so

i have only tested the bmc up and down the road (no mot)(retest on friday) and its still a noce noise but not as loud and in your face like the k&n!!

if you really want the std air box let me know i will have a look :)

yeah go for it, if its in good condition i will take it!!

sorry iphone pics but you get the idea

IMG_0014.jpg

Mmm! I like alot! Thanks for the pic, good work!

No, not repairable - too big. I'll just try a live with it for a month or 2 through the summer and then replace the thing for when the evenings start coming in so it nice & clear at night rather than seeing thousends of tiny lights coming at me. I'm just worried about the screen fitting process and if it's watertight.

No, not repairable - too big. I'll just try a live with it for a month or 2 through the summer and then replace the thing for when the evenings start coming in so it nice & clear at night rather than seeing thousends of tiny lights coming at me. I'm just worried about the screen fitting process and if it's watertight.

my screen has loads of burns over it, looks like somones been welding soemthing in the past and not covered it up proply?? when you put glass cleaner on it you can see loads of white spots, really annoying!!

so think as its getting resprayed in a couple months, take it out and put a second hand one in (think they are near £400 new)... Obviously going to use someone who fits them daily as it must be difficult to get right??

:( ^^

Fitted a powerflex exhaust hanger because the back box kept banging on the bumper. Now the back box pipe knocks on the rear axle - another powerflex hanger needed.

For anyone thinking of getting these. They hold the exhaust alot better then the oem rubbers - alot firmer held in place.

how much are they mate i mite get some of these

I ended up getting model - EXH011 and cut it to size - £7.50 posted. Got it off ebay actually in the end. But i've found places sell them all at the same price EXH001-012. Halfords do sell them, but when i went down they only had like 4 varieties. All these EXH's will make sense if you look at the link.

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/product-deta ... /1552.html - EXH011

changed the fuel filter - a bit fiddly, but it has improved the idle no end.

Finally got a full stainless exhaust fitted. The whole process was a nightmare from start to finish as the place I went to had passed it on to another company. Now it's done though it's an excellent job. It's a custom built jobbie from back to front and sounds lovely. Also changed the alternator and power steering belts. Who decided that the power steering pulley should overlap the altenator one, made it extremely awkward as I'd loosened the belts off before I realised you had to remove the pulley. Loosened off the power steering pump instead.

Started her up for the first time running properly :D

Runs sweet as a nut, now for MOT!!!

not today, but the past week and a half :) new coilovers - de-locked door handles - new alarm with remote start - new grill - new stering wheel (isotta) - stage 2 remap (i didnt do it) - new 30psi boost guage in the vent pod and new washer bottle. (any excuse to post!) :) next stop posible tinting.

changed Brake Peddal Possition sensor, alot easier then i thought!

cleaned MFA, ISV and throttle body to see why my car is losing power under load.

Bodged door handles even more until i can make i to somewhere to buy new passat handles.

Last night really but fixed (kinda) the sunroof switch so I can get some more fresh air into the car :clap:

And on Tuesday i mended my cracked splitter and gave it a fresh lick of paint

Today I gave my G60 a fair bit of loving and fitted a few new toys to her:

1. BBM Supercharger (oh my good god i love it)

2. Piper Cam

3. Red Top Injectors

4. BBM stage 4 chip (broke into my old ecu to do this)

5. Mocal Oil Cooler

6. Oil and filter change

7. Cambelt change

8. Coolant change

Think that is it. Not 2 bad for 6 hours work anyway! Really pleased with the extra power she has now :)

well, today i took my dash apart fixed some wires and discovered that my central locking no longer works ! ,i also checked fluids and have decided it needs new sparkplugs !

id call that a days work :D