Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

Whats your car called....?

:evil:

ok, its sad i know but all my cars have had names... obviously my C is called Scarlett cos i love red stuff n she is red too....

any of you guys also like me and have names for your car, and if so why....?????

:evil:

My old car was called Boj coz of the license plate K392 BOJ - so the new one is called Bloj as it's a Blue Boj. Sad I know.

Most of my cars have had names... :oops:

The Passat is called Sen, after the main character in the film Spirited Away - amazing film, see it if you haven't...!

It depends how expensive the random selection of parts are that it always seems to need! But I can't post the names on the forum!

i just got my first rado, its german and H reg so i reckons Heidi, but maybe Heidi-Jane or Jane-Heidi.. omg im so camp

Very sad, I know, but all my 3 Karmann Coupes have names:

The Mk1 Rocco is called Roodster (Dutch for Red Star), because of the star-shaped airbrush pattern on the bonnet; that was my Mum's idea, BTW :oops:

The Mk2 Storm Rocco is called Stürmchen, German for little storm, as I grew fond of him quite quickly :D

The US-Spec G60 Rado is called Innocence because of the Alpinewhite colour :wink:

So there you have it, get the men in white to pick me up now :lol:

Tempest

Doesn't have a name as such, but that doesn't mean I don't think of it as something personified. I normally end up talking to her (oh it's a she for sure, something that can give you that much pleasure AND grief in such a short space of time HAS to be a lady) on a daily basis. You know, keep her sweet. A "Thank you" here or a "sod you" there works a treat. :lol:

Yo Tempest, those dudes in white got space in the van??

Me and the other guys at work all came up with different names for our cars, based on their colours and an animal:

Black Corrado (Mine!) - Black Mamba

Yellow MR2 - Yellow Finch

Green MGF - Green Owl

They've become our call signs, so if one of us is running late we'll message each other with something like "Black Mamba to Yellow Finch, running 10 minutes behind schedule."

Christ, we're so sad.. :dorky: :roll:

i have called mine plenty of different things in the past, and called it a lot of things last night when trying to remove the original track rod ends (what a sod of a job :mad: ) none of its names are repeatable on a public forum though but its definately female :lol:

Some of my previous cars have been nicknamed by my friends (my old 205 was the Pink Pig and my last Corrado was The Purple Nurple) but this one remains without a nickname.. and I can't really think of one to suit it quite honestly :)

I call mine AVIAO (Portuguese) which means AIRPLANE in English.

It has flaps and everything... (rear spoiler)

LOL :lol:

Well, my son used to call it the Coddado last year cos he couldnt say "R" then. My wife calls it my girlfriend - pretty normal guess, and BTW you lot are my "mates on the forum"

ha ha kev, do you have the stud papers too?

I'm pretty much with randal and coolrado on this, definitely female but unnamed. Tho' occasionally refer to the vr as 'the beast' in conversation.

my wife always has to have a name for her cars. Last was was Figo. Current one is Bo-bo.

I dont have names, but my neice calls my green 1303 Beetle "The Apple"

As for the Corrado, its just referred to as the VR.

My car is called - King Rameses Niblec the 3rd, whoops, kerplunk, kerplunk, where's my thribble.

someones been watching red dwarf :wink:

My VR has 'the' cutting out problem, and is affectionately referred to as 'slut' every time it happens! :)

Love her really...