A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

ToffeeRado, well if u ever get rid of those rims let us know :lol:

I'm in canada, it would not be worth it for you to pay so much for shipping.

Last edited by g60greeny on 25.12.2020, 23:59; edited 10093 times in total

Hmm, think that was a little bug there... 10093 times! lol

Lee your makin me want to start on my VR6 transmission I think i will also do A LOT of chroming on my vr crrado I'm already thinkin about the Chrome A6 handles :tongue:

Sorry ToffeeRado, it was Simon Sweetlands that inspired me to go for it. Was going to do it in time anyway but you go to a show, get inspired, next thing you know you've got a gearbox sat in the kitchen :roll: Pretty sure i've got a pic somewhere of chrome A6 handles. Not sure if they were on a C, but i'll have a dig around in my pictures.

thats alot of sand paper!

keep going thou, will be worth it! 8)

easy for you to say :lol: . Rubbing the whole box down with 120grit at the moment and my fingers a really sore so i've not touched it today. Hoping to post up pics of a fully polished bellhousing by sunday night but still got more 120grit sanding to do, then move onto 400, 600, 800 and 1200grit before polishing with the dremel. The gearbox was much easy than the bellhousing, was supposed to be the other way around.

it was Simon Sweetlands that inspired me to go for it.

Do u have pictures of this car and all his chrome?

Heres a few pics i have of chrome gearbox's. First one is of Simons 20V gearbox, not sure if he's had the ribs removed from the bell housing or whether the 20V doesn't have them. The second pic is from a 16V mk1 which was built in germany and imported to the UK.

love that white mk1 seen that a few times 8)

its a wicked car. The carbon fibre is done properly too with care taken to ensure the grain is running in the right direction.

Changing the subject a little, bought some Eibach anti-roll bars for my car. Had planned to strip off the red powder coating and chrome plate them. Now not so sure as it maybe crack off, not sure how much the bars flex but chrome doesn't like it much. Here my options, would be grateful for opinions and feedback.

1, Chrome them and powder coat clear (hoping it will keep the chrome from cracking), downside is they look like std bars chromed up.

2, Powder coat them silver so they blend in with the chrome wishbones but the downside again is they'd look like std bars.

3, Leave them red so they stand out more as uprated bars.

cheers

powdercoat them gloss black. silver will look cheap, and any other colour will just reflect in the chrome and look messy.

seen chrome handles, looks crap, he's also chromed the filler flap too, it was horrendous.

powdercoat them gloss black. silver will look cheap, and any other colour will just reflect in the chrome and look messy.

seen chrome handles, looks crap, he's also chromed the filler flap too, it was horrendous.

i agree... a little contrast somtimes works wonders

Yep, black. Chrome will indeed crack at the stress points.

Or you could just buy some Neuspeeds which are gloss black to begin with ;-)

Ok, thanks. Looks like there staying red, bought them secondhand so theres a few blemishes on them so I'll strip them and re-coat them the same colour.

Put another 4-5hours into the bellhousing yesterday, bit behind schedule but pics should be up tonight (if i don't lose my DSL again :mad: ) or tomorrow.

If they stay red though, then have a theme in the bay - red leads, etc....oh, your leads are hidden arent they? Well, at least have it so that they're not the only red bit in there...

If they stay red though, then have a theme in the bay - red leads, etc....oh, your leads are hidden arent they? Well, at least have it so that they're not the only red bit in there...

yes, my plug leads are hidden. They will match the power cable for the ICE but think red is definately the right choice so they are instantly recognisable as Eibach bars. Can't wait to fit them now, with my wheel and suspension set up should be an unreal amount of grip in the dry and a frightening experience in the wet!!

Here you go, all polished. A few area's need a little more buffing but you get the idea. Got source a few more bits such as the brackets and weights but they should be easy. Now got to get the parts to the chromers and order a new clutch/starter motor and peloquin/Quaife ATB. Just wish i could afford Stealth's 6 speed kit.

Its been said before but ill say it again..........Your mental :lol: But in a good way 8)