Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

I think he is planning on using a standalone from memory, in which case I would source an ECU that supports DBW personally. As well as using DBW to simplify cruise control, idling and add a more effective traction control, OEMs also use it for torque curve shaping (i.e. non linear opening), so to use a linear throttle on the R32 spoils it's character imo. Well, I tried it on mine and it just isn't the same as the OEM throttle mapping unfortunately. Feels a lot flatter low down.

Thanks for the response guys, even if its not exactly what I wanted to hear:(

Kev remembers correctly, going standalone, using the Emerald K6 system. Bit to far along for any changes as the ecu is ordered and the wiring done accordingly. So hoping its not too much of a compromise going the way I have! Sadly, It doesn't support DBW thus the fitment of the cable throttle body. I'd read and heard from a couple of people that the Alpha throttle body fits but is actually too big, the internal size(If I remember correctly) and not ideal. But as with anything this could be incorrect.

So adapter plate it is then, wonder if I just took the inlet and TB to a machine shop they'd knock something up??

I'm finally making that final push to get mine on the road so hoping to see some inspiration, I'm wanting to use my BMC CDA and my initial idea was to add a 180 degree bend and run the intake round the back but just does not look like there is any room there, second thought is run it straight out with a 90 bend but then all its doing is sucking in the radiators hot air. Ideally I'd like to move the battery and mount it further towards the wing but I'd like to get it on the road first.

Does anyone running a BMC have any pictures of how they have ran the intake pipework?

I have a BMC to fit on mine but need to relocate the battery.

Having had mine on VAGCOM running for the last couple of weeks I'd say definitely don't let it just sit in the engine bay sucking in hot air. My adaption values go rocketing upwards as the intake temps increase, and even once on the move the temps never drop that far to be honest. Can easily sit at 35deg+ even once moving. It's on my urgent jobs list!

If I can't get it in a decent place I think the best bet might be to run a flexible pipe from behind the Headlight. Battery relocation is on the list to do but the list is getting a bit daft, and expensive!

I used a g60 brake duct that uses the bumper vents (very high pressure area), cut it short of the wheel arch liner, and used flexible tube to go to the TT airbox. It was really neat, ruined by the fact I had to chop off the bottom of the airbox, but one day I'll close it up and I'll get positive pressure in the box again...

Someone will most likely say the gearing is different or something else but it looks exactly the same and I've still got my vr6 one spare just in case

lol when you say "youre using one" you are infact using the vehicle and its not just sat in the shed with that pump fitted, iv got the choice of two pumps to fit, one that came with my 24v 2.8 and one from a mk3 vr6 , kinda like the idea of fitting the 24v one as i recon it will be more robust!

I don't know why I say this but it's in my mind for some reason so I must of read it but fitting the 24v version is not recommended because it's more powerful than the 12v and it could cause weak seals to give out.

I've personally got a 12v pump with a 24v pulley.

yea i thought about pressure differences but surely cant be much in it as its still a pump driven by RPM? but then again its all about the internal design of it, iv done abit more digging and quite a few people have fitted mk4 pumps with there mk2 1.8t swaps with no ill effects

looking on euro car parts at vr6 corrado pump and the pump from 2002 golf 2.8 4motion they have the same part number and pump pressure {90bar}

rado =http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Corrado_2.9_1993/p/car-parts/suspension-and-steering/steering/power-steering-pump/?619440181&1&89eacc0c2caa85823c39a9ce70fc091b3412c586&000608

mk4 http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Golf_2.8_2003/p/car-parts/suspension-and-steering/steering/power-steering-pump/?619440181&1&a3d2ae607a39162d46bba349e90131a6e7d5aace&000608

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Bit of a daft question but whats everyone done with fan controller? Mine was right in the way so just made up a temporary angle mounting bracket to move it out the way but looks pretty naff, noticed whilst poking around mk2/passat etc engine bays several variations of brackets. Anyone used anything oem that moves it out the way nicely?

been to stealth today and we finally got rid of the sai and egr faults off the sharan vr6 ecu which was running a 24v aue motor so no faults and got closed loop again

Then I suggested to use the chip on the original ecu on my car and that also worked without any faults

So if anyone is wanting to go down the same route as me then stealth has got the right stuff

My mpg has gone up and it's got a little more poke with the little ignition advance I asked for

Happy days

Right i am going to be converting my 2.0 16V to a 2.8 24v and i have read mixed reports on changing the fuel lines and tank, do i need to swap them to that of the donor vehicle (its an already converted corrado)?

I also have a question. Having standard everything (gbox, drivetrain) attached to a 290 bhp engine, is there anything I should be concerned about?

Things like the cv joints, driveshafts, are they up to the extra power? Just making sure!

I also have a question. Having standard everything (gbox, drivetrain) attached to a 290 bhp engine, is there anything I should be concerned about?

Things like the cv joints, driveshafts, are they up to the extra power? Just making sure!

Only the fuel bill lol

Seems like the standard stuff in good condition stands 350bhp turbo vr cars

strange problem this week.

my car died on me during a short drive this week and has not started since, it does turn over when the key is turned.

k-line communication and throttle body noise only happen sporadically, so i'm wondering if the ECU is not getting a proper switched live for one reason on another ..... which pin on the two plugs for a mk4 ECU feed switched power?

strange problem this week.

my car died on me during a short drive this week and has not started since, it does turn over when the key is turned.

k-line communication and throttle body noise only happen sporadically, so i'm wondering if the ECU is not getting a proper switched live for one reason on another ..... which pin on the two plugs for a mk4 ECU feed switched power?

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af140/argdub/bootpin142.jpg

Relay 428? Depends what your car started life as but mine uses the standard vr6 ecu relay for its switched live