Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Stans 24v - Its been emotional, bye bye

okay, crazy man. congratulations!

just... how much did that cost you? including the engine and labour?

And what kind of engine is it? an r32 lump?

4 motion engine. Starts with 204 but this has been chipped, with a custom code chip not sure what that takes them too. It is very smooth though.

Will let Stan decide if he wants to say how much he spent all together.

Gavin

OH MY F*CKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a car!!! Sorry for the late reply, but after seeing Gav I had to get home and go out for birthday drinks :D

First impressions were........Its so quiet! I could hardly hear it tick over, and when I got in the car to move it I actually thought I'd stalled it :shock:

When I took it for a quick blast I was so surprised by how smooth it was, I never expected it to be so refined. But it doesnt detract from the throaty growl of the VR, I think it actually improves it!

Andy told me it the torque kicks in really low, and he wasnt kidding. I dabbed the accelerator in first at about 2k and the wheels lit up. So I backed off and went a bit more gradually.

Got onto a dual carriageway and gave it a little blast, and it pulled exceptionally well, and as he kept the magnex on it sounds superb!!

Took it back to him, and told him how nice it felt, then talked sh*t for an hour about cars before finally leaving ;)

Got onto the M6 and WOW!!! Its really REALLY quick!! It just pulls....................and pulls!! I was getting up from 70-100 so quickly and freely it was amazing.

It pulls in every gear too. You can be sat in 5th doing 40, and it just flies up to a ton really easily.

Got to Gavs, and I think he was impressed by it :lol:

When I was nearing home, just coming into Preston from the M6, I was coming to a dual carriageway, up a hill, and I though I'd put my foot down (in 4th) to get past the sh*tty FTO two cars in front. Within seconds I was flying, and had to start breaking as it nearly caught me out just how quick it was :shock:

Driven into work this morning, started instantly and run like a dream, though Im sure my fuel gauge was reading higher than that yesterday :lol:

To answer some of the questions:

Its a 2.8 V6 4motion engine, with 38k on it.

The lump cost £1100, and the rest a bit more ;) (ok, knocking on £3k)

Ive still got the C clocks in the car, not the Golf ones. he didnt use the second bank of lambdas as it didnt/doesnt really need them, its just personal preference I guess (Im not bothered either way).

It has a Custom Code soldered chip inside the engine too. not sure what its kicking out, but when I go back down to him he's gonna get his mate to put it on the rollers 8)

All in all, I love it!! Its the best thing Ive ever done (hope the missus doesnt read this :lol:) and would highly recommend it to anyone. For £3k, you have a Corrado that is like a modern car, and how the VR should have originally been. 8)

Driven into work this morning, started instantly and run like a dream, though Im sure my fuel gauge was reading higher than that yesterday

Hmmm - that is one of the quirks of mine, Corrado fuel pump and sender and MK4 Clocks and the fuel guage reads backwards... lol

Driven into work this morning, started instantly and run like a dream, though Im sure my fuel gauge was reading higher than that yesterday

Hmmm - that is one of the quirks of mine, Corrado fuel pump and sender and MK4 Clocks and the fuel guage reads backwards... lol

No I actually think its more to do with my right foot :lol:

£3k including the lump, although it was the first one he's done and I cant be sure the price wont go up a little?????

Sounds like a worth while deal for someone with a knackered Vr6

Definitely mate. It'd cost almost the same to recon a VR, as thats nearly what I did. So glad I chose this option though :D

£3k including the lump, although it was the first one he's done and I cant be sure the price wont go up a little?????

think ill give him a tinkle,wonder if i could use me z engineering s/charger on there?

she sound lovely!! glad it all worked out for you!!!

hope this means you'll make it to a few of the events in summer to show her off...! :)

Welcome to the fold mate. :) Told you, you would love the torque. Its interesting to hear the impression from a previous 12v owner as I went from a G60 so couldn't do a direct comparison.

Quick aren't they ;)

Jay

3k including the lump is a complete bargain. Making me think twice about OBD2 now when I could judt buy a new engine! :)

jay where did you get yours fitted and where did you source your engine from! stann i woould absolutely love a burn in yours are you going to the spring gti festival you could have a go on the old strip as many runs as you want for £15