Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

How much on your C???

Ive been having a discusion after my brother posed the question "how much have you spent on your car since you bought it?" (9 months ago)

Well, stereo, decent set of speedies, couple of services,Discs and pads, hoses, few blingy bits, wax and cleaning stuff, plus 10k at average of 90p per mile at 4.4 litres per gallon at an average of 25 mpg works out at 1600 on fuel and 1900 on stuff,

Fcuk me , that is 3 and a half grand!!!!

I know that is nothing in the scheme of things (eh Nickvr6 et all) but mine is standard. what is it gonna take to get where I want it to be?????????

I cheated - I got one that had already had the money spent on it...! :oops:

Though the way it gets driven, in 9months time my fuel bill will equal the cost of the car...!

It's a scary thing - I kept a spreadsheet for my first C with all the part numbers and costs in. It got to about £3k within as many months.

So I just keep the receipts and don't ask myself about this one :lol: It's easily £3k tho and I paid that for it!

just started to spend now.....complete re vamp of the rear end at the moment, new bushes, discs, calipers, bearings etc etc....and you know how it goes...and whilst you are under the C you end up saying things to yourself like " that exhaust is looking a bit tatty "

i never think about it but not as much as some as ive brought cars with bits on ive wanted and raped the bits off then sold the cars. and i started off with std ish wheels and brought and sold them till i have what i have now. i have spent very little real money!

well £60 iin the last 2 days on track rod, nother £20 on monday to have tracking adjusted. based on that being an average few days im not going to add it up :lol:

I NEVER count how much I have spent - Believe me - it's REALLY scary!!!!!

Neither do I!!! :lol:

Money doesn´t say anything to me!

But My C is everything to me! :D

Everytime I buy something for the car it's always in the back of my head how much i've already spent.

I'm on something like £2k in 7 months, not including fuel, insurance etc.

well my G cost me 3k 3yrs ago since then about 1k on stg4 charger induction chip and pulley,2 sets of alloys about £800,then various running costs,thats before she goes to the bodyshop in a couple of months!!!

wish i'd not sat here and worked this out :( :(

Just having to keep looking forward and not back at what ive done. Got no major mods or alike but mine was untouched untill i got it - now seem to spend all my time replacing exsisting parts - bearing here, headlamp there > scary how quick it all mounts up.

Major downside bein a bit of a perfectionist!

:crazyeyes: is that a scratch on that switch!

Yeah people doing big engine stuff and the like, like biggerbigben will make the amount I've spent look paltry by comparison!! Now that's reallyscary :shock: :lol: