Sign in to follow this  
soupie69uk

Which Corrado Engine do you like best?

My valver is a lot of fun and nice and simple, plus I have no fears of tensioners to be replaced or superchargers to be serviced. It also suprisingly economical. Great engine with plenty of character in a great car.

My choice - VR6, I really wish mine was a VR!

based on what I've experianced, it'd have to be a charged VR6 for me.

16v's are loads of fun, but you have to make them work hard to get the best out of them, simple engine and cheap running are plus's.

N/A VR6 is a hoot, plenty of lazy power and enough torque in any gear to make sure the drive is 'spirited'. the engine is a heavy old lump though,and for me the VR never seemed to have enough oomph to compensate for the gained engine weight.

S/C VR6 restores that imballance, it utterly transforms the VR plant from lazy and powerful to frantic and even more powerful! the sound is sublime, a mix of V6 warble and charger whine... love it.

never driven a g60 so cant comment on that front, wouldnt mind a go though just to find out what they're all about.

My valver is a lot of fun and nice and simple, plus I have no fears of tensioners to be replaced or superchargers to be serviced. It also suprisingly economical. Great engine with plenty of character in a great car.

:lol:

:lol:

abooooooooooooooooout... TURN!

After all the money you've spent on your VR6? ..you'd rather have a 16v turbo ? ..shuuuuuurrrrup! :wink: ... I must admit , i've never been in a charged VR6 or a 16v turbo, but i'm fairly certain I know which i'd prefer - even though i'm sure a turbo'd valver would be great , a FI Vr6 must be out of this world.

Nope, I've done my 16V Turbo days...... but if I had to do it all over again, I'd have not gone for a VR in the first place ;-)

you'd have gone for a 16v instead? :? (and obviously played with it etc..) ...surly there's engines you'd prefer to the 16v ?

2.0 16v 8)

if im allowed 45 webers and the full works? and to throw the cat in the bin :)

Neil.

you'd have gone for a 16v instead? :? (and obviously played with it etc..) ...surly there's engines you'd prefer to the 16v ?

Dunno mate, I'm pee'd off with mine at the moment so not in the best frame of minds for defending the VR :-)

personally a g60. and if i lost this one I'd buy another not a vr or valver. no point in debating why - horses for courses etc.

2ltr 16v very revvy lots of fun! Awesome on throttle bodies!!

Vr6 for the soundtrack and low down grunt!

Never driven a g60 so cant comment on that!!

Why is there never a simple answer :agrue:

Life would be too easy that way I know, but at least i could make a decision :lol:

I love the VR - noise never fails to raise a :D but I loved the throatiness of my valver - used to pop and burb like a Porsche! Sounded awesome!

Dunno mate, I'm pee'd off with mine at the moment so not in the best frame of minds for defending the VR :-)

Uhoh.. here comes the "Sod it.. i'm going back to stock.. all this aftermarket stuff is a chumps game" - and then slowly, and surely, the modifications will work their way back into the haywire gameplan ;)

:D

2.0 16V love it loads of fun and reliable!!! cheap to fix!!! I hope! seeing as mine runs like a bag of spanners at the mo!!!

from what i see most people like the vr6! but then again most of them havent driven a G60 ! so arent they just a little bit curious as to what it feels like ? ive driven in most (2.0 16v, G60, and VR6), and while the 16v is revvy nippy (sort of thing) and the VR has a nice soundtrack, the G60 is the one for me, nice sound and nippy too, put it in 4th at 2k and floor it! it just seems to build and build, until you are hunched over in the crack of your seat ! :shock:

Oh right sorry guys dont wanna start any heated debates.

I do quite like forced induction engines as they get pretty good gains when tuned. Like my 1.8T A4.

I know what you mean by the VR6 engines though as my dad has a Mk4 golf with 2.8 engine. Is very smooth and sounds nice.

Cheers.

Next edinburgh meet ill take you out in my Vr6,then ill get my mate to take you out in his G60 which has just had a little bit of tinkering, his is faster but hes spent under 2K getn there, but anyway, best to get a spin so you can get a feel for it!

Uhoh.. here comes the "Sod it.. i'm going back to stock.. all this aftermarket stuff is a chumps game" - and then slowly, and surely, the modifications will work their way back into the haywire gameplan ;)

:D

LOL...not this time :-)

It'll all be sorted on Friday anyway ;-)