blue95

Corrado AWD 20VT

Thanks, it is the first mod (all be it a small one) I have done for ages.

It has given me motivation to start working on the rest of my car again!

Started last year!!!! After I had the pleasure of driving a syncro! was bog standard, driving round MK with all the roundabouts that thing stuck to the road like wet sh*t to a dry blanket!

loads of things got in the way though! 6 months off work :( new job, new career, new addition to the family!

All good though! :lol:

Big thanks to all the 4x4 peeps on this forum and the syncro forum have provided advice, guidance and parts! especiialy biggerben20vt! cheers mate!

Will be couple of months though untill any more work due to real work :lol:

Hah good stuff! Must be pretty nerve wrecking making the first incision to cut out the boot floor! :lol:

Looking good chap.. glad to be of some help!! Keep up the good work!

Cheers! Thanks for the advice for the brakes, got my hangers in the end - from Nedtherlands!!! LOL

Also have mk4 calipers tuning up soon!

Khida bro.. been a while.. will pop by sometime...

Been busy, work has been a b***h, not really done much to the motor since you saw it last! LOL

Need to get bits stripped, powder coated and buy loads of lilttle bits! spent £45 just on nuts and bolts the other week!

Hah good stuff! Must be pretty nerve wrecking making the first incision to cut out the boot floor! :lol:

Certainly was! sometimes wonder why I did it and just didn't do stuff to the engine instead!

It has been a total learning experince so far, before this all I use to was the odd oil change - LOL - Luckily I have a very good teacher!

Awesome!

How the Corrado should've came IMO!

MMmmm wondered why the centre tunnel was side tall/wide! - perfect for a propshaft!

If it handles like even a bog standard syncro round the roundabout I iwll be chuffed!

Then again by the time I done, it will be all powerflexed, coilovered and strutbraced!

excellent

it was destined to be 4wd. the rear chassis legs even have dents in them to clear the driveshafts.

excellent

it was destined to be 4wd. the rear chassis legs even have dents in them to clear the driveshafts.

Wonder if lack of 4wd was anything to do with the car being big time over budget?!

that is awesome mate good job

Cheers :D

No major Updates... works a biatch!

Attempted to degrease, wire brush and rust treat/paint rear axle!! forget it too much surface rust and grease after 16 years!! So opted for powder coating.

Got some bits back from the powder coaters........They did a sterling job, worth every penny. They basically de-greased, shot balsted all the old paint and traces of rust before coating.....results speak for themselves:

AJ Finishers 8)

45 Barton Rd

Bletchley

Milton Keynes

MK2 3BA

Tel: 01908 648437

Edited by blue95

how much is the resulting cost of 4x4'ing?

Depends on how you do it TBH.

I paid £400 for the car, removed all the bits I needed (floor/runing gear) and stripped the rest and sold it, so the syncro bits/floor probably stand me at £200.

I did have to buy a proper rallye gear box and transfer box though - this was £250

In addition to the above you need the rallye lift pump - £45 plus exhaust £400 (estimate) and suspension £450 (estimate)

This above is enough to bolt onto your motor and get going for

Overall I think it will stand me at 2k max for the conversion. However for this I will have the followng: All bits powder coated, new fixings, new brake lines, new brakes (mk4 at the rear, re-con 280mm up front (inc discs and pads)), alloy strtut brace front and rear, powerflex bushes all round, goodridge hoses all round. it's very easy to get carried away from the original idea, alot od the mods I have done are non syncro related so costs are a bit blurred.

I am also toying with the following idea for the motor:

1.jpg[/attachment:bb24c]

Overall I have given myself 2 years to finish the syncro and turbo conversions.

just found ur post looking mate, hopefully mine will start to progress soon, thats if bill ever gets hes bak from tabs :lol:

awesome stuff bro.. will pop over & catchup sometime...

No probs.....has been a while, and I thought I would have the car ready for March LOL

just found ur post looking mate, hopefully mine will start to progress soon, thats if bill ever gets hes bak from tabs :lol:

LOL - All good things come to those who wait! were you going to replace or repair your wing?

just trying to get hold of couple of late wings and a bonnet now mate, any more progress?

just trying to get hold of couple of late wings and a bonnet now mate, any more progress?

I know a guy who can get hold of bits at reasonable price...he is in Derby though, so its a bit if a mission getting to him. If you want his number PM me.

As for progress sod all.....only thing I have done is picked up some new SPAX RSX coilovers, got em at an absoloute bargain price!! :shock:

just re-read the list of things you had to buy;

whats the lift pump? and can an existing exhaust be used? you also mentioned suspension - i take it you intended to replace the suspension previously fitted?

just re-read the list of things you had to buy;

whats the lift pump? and can an existing exhaust be used? you also mentioned suspension - i take it you intended to replace the suspension previously fitted?

The syncro tank is alot more compact due to rear diff so they have increased the height, basically I bought a new fuel gauge sender from VW (£45) and just attached my 16v lift pump to it.

As for suspension, the rear shocks are shorter so you need to replace (even if you have coilovers), bit if a bugger as I have only had my FKs on for about 1000 miles :( sure someone will make good use of them when I put em for sale in a few weeks. You can buy mk1 rears (plenty knocking about), however I opted for set specifically for the syncro 4x4 though.

You may be able to re-use your backbox (middle box sits in the way of the rear diff/prop), depends how big the box is and if it will fit in between the rear axle and fule tank! I had a scorpion system very good build but it had to go :(