CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Ignore me - I thought the link Bill had put up was wrong, just checked the part number on mine and he's right that is the one. Didnt look right to me... :o

Edited by Jamie

Never needed a spanner myself, but then there's always a risk that some pikey will steal them if they're not tight enough!

That's the one Jaguar sell (or used to!). Shame it's gone :(

Anyone handy with metal? Shouldn't be too difficult to make one...

I was planning on making one up in either MDF or ABS before Joe very kindly hooked me up, really shouldn't be too difficult. But yeah don't use metal - the alloy on the centres is really soft.

I sent a message to PWmotorsport on ebay re the RC spanner, their reply arrived today.

Hi

I normally have the RC spanner in stock.

I expect new stock toward the end of the week, please call to order.

Regs

PW

Link to the standard 6 sided spanner being sold by pw-motorsport.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400282024801&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

P W Motorsport

01437 563929

Dox, got a feeling that one maybe the crappy one that's made of cheese. Doesn't look like the other spanner. I'll try to find a pic. I emailed BBS and they said the only one available now is the rubbish one (they obviously didn't use those words!).

Dox, got a feeling that one maybe the crappy one that's made of cheese. Doesn't look like the other spanner. I'll try to find a pic. I emailed BBS and they said the only one available now is the rubbish one (they obviously didn't use those words!).

Phone them and ask for the part number on their spanner to confirm either way?

Slight hiccup with the vRS- booked into the local garage to have the cambelt and exhaust swapped, but they were really busy, meaning it's gotta stay there over the Easter hols. They only got through half the cambelt change. Hope nobody wants to view it this weekend... because they can't! :lol: Should be ready by close of play on Tuesday...

Also wanted to get the RC's on the Rado yesterday, but one of them wasn't holding air after the refurb. Took it to the local tyre place and they wouldn't touch it- can't blame them really! Took it back to the refurb guy and he's gonna seal it for me. Will hopefully have them on this afternoon :)

Edited by CazzaVR

Collected the vRS yesterday. All tickety-boo 8) Just need to sell it now...

Got the RC's on in time for Coleford. Nothing's ever simple- changed 3 wheels and got to the last wheel nut on the last Solitude... wouldn't budge! Broke two extention bars, two 17mm sockets and damaged the toolkit wheelbrace :( Had to go out and buy a whopping breaker bar and new deep sockets. Came off straight away -phew! :roll:

Still no luck finding the correct centre cap spanner. There's one on Ebay for £27, but it's the crappy one that breaks :( Will just get a strap wrench ;)

Love the RC's - they look perfect on the Rado 8) I think I could do with dropping it a little further though, as the arch gap is a touch too big IMHO.

A pic from Coleford (thanks Lew):

The tool you need for the bbs rc wheels is it like the mk4 anniversary centre cap tool you need as I rang jaguar up and ordered the proper tool it's a full plastic spanner that does the job brilliant fits the nut fully and wasn't that expensive too hope this helps I might be able to get you part number if needed

Thanks mate, already explored that option. It's now obsolete from jag :-(

---------- Post added at 8:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:30 PM ----------

Out of interest what length is the VRS?

Just got this from Autotrader- 4513mm :)

It was a bargain at £3-50 aswell I did some searching after I posted and found it out aswell only recent that they have discontinued it

Out of interest what length is the VRS?

Hi mate, got this off Autotrader: 4513mm

---------- Post added at 8:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:54 PM ----------

Thanks Dox- not the same as the Jag one though. The one on Ebay is the only one BBS are still officially producing, however, it's not supposed to be very good as it bends/breaks easily. Very expensive too!

Hi mate, got this off Autotrader: 4513mm

---------- Post added at 8:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:54 PM ----------

Thanks Dox- not the same as the Jag one though. The one on Ebay is the only one BBS are still officially producing, however, it's not supposed to be very good as it bends/breaks easily. Very expensive too!

I wouldn't pay that either!

Yeah that style is garbage mate you end up hurting your knuckles with them and don't last long either and no good at getting a tight centre cap off