CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Very pleased mate- thanks! Not sure what the ride will be like with the Koni/H&R setup, but they will only be summer wheels anyway ;)

Nice, I have these in 16".

I would have kept them if they were 16", the ride was too harsh for me with the 17's but I am getting on a bit now (Cue sarcastic comments from the "locals").

Ian.

I would have kept them if they were 16", the ride was too harsh for me with the 17's but I am getting on a bit now (Cue sarcastic comments from the "locals").

Ian.

Got to 100% agree with you there Ian which is why i put up for sale the 17" porsche 911 C4S CAB wheel's cos with 40 profile tyre's it wasn't for me plus i think you go 1 up from standard fair enough if they are just for show use to help in the quest to win a class but i am not interested in that if i was younger i would be that's not to say you won't see an awesome as best as i can do car (I used to be a valeter/detailer after all)

James.

Thanks Redfox! 8)

I agree too- haven't had 17s for years because 15/16s are so much more compliant. However, a Corrado on 17" RC's looks the absolute nuts, so I'm prepared to put up with it over the summer months :p

Got them back today- VERY happy with the refurb. They were individually sanded back, prepped, primed, resprayed and laquered. Personally, this is a much better finish than the powder coating my last alloys had at City Powder Coaters. CPC did a very decent job for the money, but there were a few areas where the powdercoat had kinda bubbled and gone a bit 'rough'.

The RCs are pretty much factory finish. Payed £150 to have them done locally. One rim was kerbed completely around its edge, while another had approx 10cm of kerbing. There isn't a trace of this left. Can't wait to get them on the car...

Bill, that's the look I'm going for! 8) Looks gorgeous!

Any tips on tightening the centre caps? I'm scared of breaking them by doing them up too tightly :(

Andy

I have a BBS tool for tightening the centre caps; the type that looks like a giant spanner, the OEM block type are shi*e! I just tighten them by hand and use the tool to nip them up so someone can't undo them by hand and have them away. The thread is such a large diameter you'd really have to be going some to break it, so be sensible and you won't have a problem.

I got my 'spanner' from Zak who now seems to have disappeared off the forum but I've seen them on ebay a fair few times...

Mark

Mark- thanks, will have a look on Ebay for a spanner :)

Jamie- looks stunning!

---------- Post added at 9:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:37 PM ----------

Found this: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/301443.aspx Hope they're not obsolete- will try Jag on Monday...

Edited by CazzaVR

Cheers mate :)

You'll struggle to find a spanner at Jag now unfortunately. I tried three different dealers and they all said the same thing - out of stock and on back order with no available delivery date. Still worth a go but don't get your hopes up

Will give it a go- you never know. Won't get my hopes up though! Have heard a strap wrench works well...

Good find Bill :salute: Pretty expensive though. Will keep an eye on it...

---------- Post added at 8:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:28 AM ----------

Edited by CazzaVR

My link has the same part number :wave:

My link has the same part number :wave:

Once again you're 100% correct and I'm left to apologise, sorry :(

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Messaged the UK seller to see if its going to be relisted and its already sold.............