CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

I was furious until I got a call from my sis a few minutes ago. Turns out my brother in law spent the night in hospital after being mugged outside his house last night. Two guys jumped him from behind, smashed him over the head and gave him quite a beating. Took his keys and stole his car. All, literally on his doorstep :( puts my keying incident in sharp perspective! They're really shaken and the worrying thing was that they had been watched and it was premeditated. They have two little ones as well so very worrying.

That really sucks Andy just hope there isn't a 3rd thing

can give you a hand getting ot out some time with the polisher if you want

Bloody hell ... sorry to hear about both incidents - what a world we live in! Where was the car? Why would someone do something like that??? Jeez. No chance that anyone will have seen them?? Worth asking around perhaps? Hope you brother in law makes a speedy recovery

Sorry about your brother in law and your car. Hopefully you can get it fixed.

Hope brother in law recovers. He will feel nervous everytime he walks out his door. What kind of car did they steel? Possibly stolen to order

Thanks chaps. A6 s-line 3.0 tdi Quattro, so yeh, almost certainly stolen to order.

Really sorry to hear about all of this Andy, it's unbelievable what some people will do to either vandalise or steal someone else's property.

Hope your brother in law is doing ok now and recovers from this horrible event quickly.

I just couldn't believe it when I first read your post, it's unreal.

Phil

Well, brother in law is on the mend. Still very shaken though, as you can imagine :(

Spent a wile on the scratch and got it looking a whole lot better with AG Paint Renovator/Super Resin Polish and Scratch X. It will need a gentle wet sand and machine polish to be totally sorted though. Had a fab time at Bristol Volksfest. Have shamelessly stolen a couple of shots of the Storm from the main thread:

Edited by CazzaVR

Nice pics of a Great Car..........Hats off to your positive attitude through the bad luck!

Well, I am going to put the Storm up for sale soon :( Have found a less interesting, but more modern replacement. I've been losing enthusiasm and nearly sold up last year after regaining the love. I think I been in Corrado ownership long enough now (12 years). If I could keep it in the garage and have something else as a daily, I would probably do so, but I really fancy something newer for the daily drive. This is the car I always wanted- Mystic Blue Storm, chains done, full gearbox rebuild with 3.68, 288 front brakes/MKIV rears etc etc.

Sorry to hear that Andy - but I totally understand! Hope you'll keep in touch after the car has gone though.

Thanks chaps. Just feel I've done the Corrado thing to death now, and have truly lost enthusiasm. After test-driving the new car, the Corrado still felt amazing on the drive home, but I still feel the need to move on.

Vaughan, shame our Snowdonia road trip never happened while I had the C, but still up for one!

Jim, I'll stay around for sure :)

The place won't be the same without you !

So a big thanks from me,for all the hard work you've put into the forum,

I know you will still be around on here,good luck

Bryan

That is a shame but if you are still going to hang around it is not a total loss for the forum as you have a good knowledge of the corrado and are always willing to pitch in with your input which I'm sure is very much appreciated.Good luck with your new car (what is it?) :salute:

Thanks guys! 8)

Perky, probably lowers the top speed a little, but it's a great mod. Really wakes up the car.

Brian- thanks mate. May stay on as a mod- will give it a couple of months to see how much I'm still getting on here.

Rob/Clumpster- new car will be a MK1 Audi S3. Black Magic, 2 previous owners, excellent service history, completely stock. All electrics etc perfect. Bose sound system, Xenons, Black electric Recaros etc. Drove very well- not fast enough though! Won't be having it until November, so a little more time with the Storm, unless it sells quickly.

Well at least getting more power out of one of those is no real hardship! Be interested to hear how you get on with it! :)

Good choice nearly done a deal with a yellow one a few year's ago with the cossie they are a nice machine GLWS of the storm and with the S :)

That's a shame Andy but you have to do what's right. Good luck with the new mota and hope we meet up again sometime soon pal.