Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

I'm not too bothered mate. It's just a car to me. I love it, but only cos it's a good car, not because it's a corrado. If you know what i mean?

Goldie, great to see you today. Thanks for the trip out in yours. That KW stuff is good-- no doubt about it. Talk about me spending your money re the s/c etc. You just earmarked a load of my money I haven't even earned yet with those coilovers!! :lol:

Hope you get the Schrick and cams fitted before Stoner. Keen to know what you think of them. You should defo get more bottom end to play with.

No probs Charlie, glad to have helped you wallet along...

As for your car, its an animal, thats the quickest Corrado ive been in and i love the power delivery, i think you may have cost me a couple of grand or so in the next 12 months!!

Looking forward to seeing the results with the lights and brakes - coming along very nicely and many thanks for the cams..

Love it! given me some inspiration too, those leathers are immaculate especially considering they're cream, now i know what colour mine were at one stage in it's life. Off to do some serious scrubbing this weekend

Love it! given me some inspiration too, those leathers are immaculate especially considering they're cream, now i know what colour mine were at one stage in it's life. Off to do some serious scrubbing this weekend

Very kind of you to say so..

Top tip for cleaning is use to use Gliptone cleaner and conditioner available from Ebay for about a tenner (do a search) and clean them when they are hot..

Best of luck..

Do I get the feeling someone is thinking about a sc?

Next year i reckon, ive spent a fortune recently so it will have to wait..

Stupidly fast is an understatement but with a supersmooth delivery...

your gonna love the 268's & VGI mate, picked mine up on Friday from G-Werks & along with a few other bits & bods its really tranceformed the VR!

I cant wait, is Darren back from his holidays yet?

What have you done with the mapping??

yep he's back i spoke to him this morning!

i'm not sure about mapping yet as tbh i've gotta re-build the bank balance next couple of weeks (beer tokens are looking a bit low till payday mate), you'll definitely notice a proper difference even without the map though. Have a word with Daz though as he's recomended someone to me that sounded very very interesting, :wink: gotta be done at some point to get the best out of the whole setup!

Nice one..

Im starting polishing mine tomorrow so hopefuly it should be ready to be fitted in the not too distant.

Ill get in touch with Darren in the next couple of days...

Well following the lowering a couple of weeks ago ive continued on the spending spree..

Hopefully this picture should be the last one of the engine bay as it is now..

Ive recently purchased a VGI, 268s and have a set of red leads on their way that will transform the car a bit more. The manifold went onto the milling machine thisavro to have the logo removed and will then be getting polished up along with an early spec metal Rocker cover. Its also in the plan to fit a VT front mount while im on to firm the engine up a little as the original is past its best..

In keeping with true Corrado mods though something has to go wrong and that is the auxiliary belt tensioner bearing has gone, gonna replace the whole unit as the adjustment point has been sheared off at some stage in the cars life - typical Corrados!!!

Hope to have some pics of the transformation in the next couple of weeks and have it ready for Stonor Park..

Now that is a PITA. Mind you, I guess it's better happening now than when you've got the charger fitted!! :lol:

V jealous of the recent developments to your motor. A fancy a Schrick, but thats at the end of a very long list at the moment!

Hope you get the tensioner fixed fairly quickly. Mine is currently have an alternator & tensioner fitted, it's been 2 days without it now though... :mad:

I dont know why you want me to come and detail your car mate as it looks minty mint in that pic and pics from stanford hall!! 8)

Looking forward to seeing the new engine bay!

I dont know why you want me to come and detail your car mate as it looks minty mint in that pic and pics from stanford hall!!

It is in very good nick, its just the little swirls that id want shot of...

Pics will be up as soon as its finished..

Dogzyboy, coilies on yet??

better happening now than when you've got the charger fitted!!

Charger will be a 2008 modification i think...

Dogzyboy, coilies on yet??

Nope, not yet unfortunately. I've got loads on at the weekends just now & the friend of a friend is also proving tricky to pin down for some help. Itching to get them on though, 4x4 is doing my head in!

It is in very good nick, its just the little swirls that id want shot of...

Yeah swirls are bloody annoying, but imo its worse when you get rid of them as its near impossible to stop inflicting more swirls when washing and so you just get more and more annoyed after every wash to discover more! But i suppose you are starting from fresh and so it wont look as bad as before, plus i wouldnt just get rid of swirls and leave it i would fully protect the finish after making it easier to maintain.

I take quite a while to wash my car now, i pre-soak it with a thick foam using my karcher pressure washer and karcher foam lance, let it soak and then pressure rinse off to get rid of the majority of dirt. Then i cover it in foam again, rinse it then wash it using 2 buckets, a lambs wool mitt for upper half and a microfibre mitt for lower half, tailgate, wheels etc. Then pressure rinse again and dry it with a proper drying towel and use a detailing spray to help dry it better. But i still notice some swirls being left, they are not bad dont get me wrong but they are still being caused!

Ive noticed that my car washing procedure is becoming bigger and more time taking as it sound like yours must take a while Rob...

Ive not done the research you have though and part of the reason id want a proper detail is so i could see the results that certain products will make and know what stuff i should be using..

For example i dont know the first thing about clay bar, i just know what makes the car look good and keeps it in good condition but there is always room for improvement.

I know i could get 2 Rados to you for the full treatment whenever your ready Rob..

Yeah know what you mean mate, its good to see what each step does and pictures just dont show it as some before pictures i have taken in the past make the car look great but in the metal looks terrible :lol:

I was amazed at how much cleaner the paint looked when i first used a clay bar and also amazed at how much dirt comes off the paint even after a thorough wash!

Its also good to see how other products work like glazes, sealants and the different finishes from different waxes. Thats the part i most enjoy really. I am enjoying the machine polishing but it take so long and gets very tiring! But is worth it for the end results as the products you use after work best on fully prepped paint!

I am doing a mates corrado in a couple of weeks which i have 'booked in' for a full paint correction detail which i am going to spread out over 2 days to get the best results. So i will see how i get on with that as well as post my pics and findings for everyone to see of course :D this will give me full confidence to start work on other peoples corrados because as of yet i havent done mine properly so dont know the best way to work on corrados yet!

Then by all means if you are still interested we can sort something out :)

Looking forward to seeing the results with the Rado, keep me posted with your findings..

Im quite happy for you to use mine as a little advert for your Rado detailing business...

Nice one mate :D

At the moment i can only do the odd weekends due to full time working and its just an on-the-side thing, but if someone was to have a couple of cars for me to do and let me know in advance i would book a few days off work in order to do them :)

i'm being really lazy here, but what is the brake setup you have on the front?

are they standard VR calipers jut painted?

what discs and pads are they?

Thanks

i'm being really lazy here, but what is the brake setup you have on the front?

are they standard VR calipers jut painted?

what discs and pads are they?

Nope, they are late spec Golf VR 288mm calipers with EBC green stuff pads and discs....

They look good.

Engine bay looking good too- will look smashing with the shiny stuff fitted! 8)

Cheers Andy..

Finished the manifold a couple of days ago, have only smoothed and polished the name plate. These schricks are so porous, they are sand casted by the looks of it, cheeky so and sos must be making a fortune on them...

Id like to have polished the whole thing but itll look like a silver aero bar if i do!!!!!

Just waiting on the rocker cover to arrive, have ordered all new gaskets, bolts etc from the stealers and then its cams in an shiny stuff on...