Sign in to follow this  
gsbellew

Few nasty surprises when stripping my C's interior

Stripped my spares Corrado today, I felt bad breaking a 53k miler at first, I dont now.

Its amazing and scary to think that this was sold as a car for use on the road. Its a 1990 16v with 53k on it, the pictures do the talking really, note the late spec boot floor :shock:

STP60273.jpg

STP60274.jpg

STP60276.jpg

STP60285.jpg

STP60272.jpg

The bloody great big weld line.

STP60275.jpg

STP60281.jpg

Weld line at the front of the passenger footwell

STP60277.jpg

STP60278.jpg

Welds on the "A" pillars

STP60279.jpg

STP60271.jpg

STP60284.jpg

Look at the way the seat belts were mounted :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've counted a total of 4 different Corrado's all of different colours welded together to make this car, the entire rear end is from a late car, but still has the correct data sticker attached to the rear panel :?:

That, quite frankly, is shocking! :|

Where did you find this car?!

Shocking..... Talk about a cut and shut!!!!

Where I get my cars painted they do alot of accident damaged cars...

They had a 54-plate Corsa in there the other day. Car had been rolled!!!

They were replacing the roof from a donor and replacing all the back end!!!

Got talking to the customer whilst I was there.... He told me he didn't want to put it through the insurance so paying for the repairs himself!!! Shocking!!!

Some poor person will buy this and never know the damage.. Totally wrong!!!

That really is frightening - I wonder how many of us will be very nervous if ever we need to lift our carpet.

thats crazy! why would anyone go to that effort, but then i guess it was prob done 15 years ago when a rado was still worth 15k so worth the effort still mad though!!

That's dreadful. It didn't look too bad from the first shot, but the late ones really reveal the true horror. I find the weld in the A-pillars particularly distressing...

Did you ever drive the car? If so, could you tell?

Cheers,

Tom

It was a cheap ebay special bought with the intention of using it for spares or if it was better than my current one swapping over to it.

I only drove it round the corner off the transporter and into my driveway, thankfully, the welds are splitting and you can see daylight through them in places, so it was only a matter of time till something gave way.

Did it have any history at all? That is unbelievable though. Some people need stringing up and put on an attempted murder charge!!

There is some history with it, and only 2 previous owners, so I think I will be seeing if I can get in touch with either of them to see if I can find out anything about it out of curiosity.

Something screams ringer.. I wouldn't trust that its had two owners.. and even then, which part of the car!! lol

I agree with furkz.. It looks pretty good from the outside. Be awful to thing of it being driven hard and in an accident. There would be nothing left

Blimey!

Problem being that if it is repaired to the approved standard there is nothing illegal about this - although this doesn't look like the approved standard...

As it was an ebay car have you done the cheap HPI search they offer on there? Might be worth a look for under a fiver to see if it was a 'proper' accident repair or not.

Yeah there is something decidedly dodgy about it, its such a mix up of different cars that its hard to tell what it is at all.

Anyone recognise it or know any of its history?

STP60293.jpg

Here are the VIN No's, note that the metal plate under the bonnet is missing. Strange that it has the paper sticker in the boot despite the fact that its clearly not the origianl back panel.

STP60292.jpg

STP60291.jpg

Blimey :shock:

When I read the title I expected fag butts, hair, used tissues - hell even a used johny - I deffo didn't expect that! :lol:

How does it sit in the eyes of the law and the fact that the previous owner sold it to you as a 'road worthy' vehicle?

I had a one night stand with a girl like this once, she looked in good nick in the pub, i get her home, strip her and i got a few nasty surprises! (no she was not a ladyboy)

But really that car is shocking! do you think it is bad enough that the seller must have known?? if so he needs a kicking!

My never had a vin plate, it had the chassie number stamped on the bulkhead to the right of the ecu like in your pic

Ouchy...... I know it sounds nasty but lucky you bought it. As it's for parts at least you won't be bombing it round the backroads thinking it's safe(ish)

If you Paypal'd him the cash you should at least put in a claim for unworthy goods.....