Sign in to follow this  
andy_vw

Uprated headlight wiring looms

yes please...plug and play. I made a loom for my last corrado....would have felt alot better if i could still retain the old system (as a back up).......

...postage to New Zealand too please.

Count me in for the most expensive, safest, waterproof system you design! i don't want to repeat what has happened with a cheaper loom already..

Yeah I'll go for a plug n play.

After weeks in Mothers Clio how novel for VW to build a car with no lights or windscreen wipe ability....Ahh we must all be mad. :lol:

Anymore news on these?

Bit of a slow progess at the mo to be honest. Aim to have 1st batch made up by the end of feb.

Please bare with me ;)

Andy.

i'd be interested in one of these too, one of the old connectors popped off my old uprated loom and flattened the battery, so OE connectors would be fantastic.

i'm interested in one of the plug and play ones depending on the price, got a uprated loom on my lights at the mo but it rubbish it sparks and cuts out from time to time which isnt good!

plug and play for me too, depending on price! you still thinking end of feb for them to be ready?

Nice to meet you Saturday Andy.

As ive said before, im happy to test one of your creations for you!

After chatting to you it sounds like your going to have one hell of a range of these on offer!!!

Oh and when its all done ill take a 4 relay, all singing, all dancing one off you!

If you want someone to test a set for you in the far east ( East Anglia - far east of the UK that is ! ) , let me know.

Full set, plug 'n' play is what I'd be interested in.

Cheers

Plug & Play for me too, price dependant.. Nice one...

With regards to rewiring salvaged OEM plugs, I know a few peeps who work in electrical manufacture so could probably source the connectors required if you know the brand and part number...?

Cheers...

Plug & Play for me too, price dependant.. Nice one...

With regards to rewiring salvaged OEM plugs, I know a few peeps who work in electrical manufacture so could probably source the connectors required if you know the brand and part number...?

Cheers...

I've still having problems sourcing these...

I've already done a lot of research, but if you could have a look, that would be great. The connector range is called "Junior-Power-Timer". All i can find is a 2 way ones or 4 way (inline) female ones at the moment. Tyco make this range.

(Free loom if you can find a supplier ;) )

Cheers,

Andy.

Andy,

We do some electrical work at our place. Can you tell me exactly what you need and I'll ask some questions or maybe you can send some pics/docs.

Ta

Dave

Andy,

We do some electrical work at our place. Can you tell me exactly what you need and I'll ask some questions or maybe you can send some pics/docs.

Ta

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'll pm you some pics/info later on.

Cheers :)

Hi all,

After some slow development, I'm still having problems sourcing the mating half plug for the OE connector (As appears on the actual headlight unit). I am still looking at different options to overcome this problem (Talking to different suppliers, custom connector makers etc).

In the meantime I can supply the looms WITHOUT the mating half plug. The male contacts that mate with the OE connector will be provided. If/when the plug becomes available, you will be able to buy these off of me for around £5 a side.

One solution for the time being is to remove the contacts from your original OE plug, Connect the mating male contact & heat shrink the contact (Heat shrink can be provided). Therefore no cutting & a waterproof joint. Or I am looking at making some sort of “jacket” for the connectors.

Spec:

OE connectors

Fully water resistance, oil resistance, heat resistance.

All cables are sleeved

Fuse holder has waterproof cover, these also lock together, if more than fuse holder is used (dependant on loom spec).

Full simple to follow instructions provided.

These are serious high quality looms, no expense has been spared for materials.

Loom options:

1 Relay, 1 fuse Dip beam only. This is the basic upgrade - Comes in at £33.

2 relay, 2 fuse dip beam only - one fuse & one relay for each side, ideal if you are happy with your current high beam. comes in at £39

2 relay, 2 fuse dip beam & high beam. 1 fuse/relay for dip beam, 1 fuse/relay for high beam. Again, £39.

4 relay, 4 fuse option - one fuse & one relay for each dip & high beam. comes in at £42.

All prices don't include delivery.

Please let me know your opinions on the options, prices etc.

Please put your name down for the option. These will be made up before the end of feb.

Cheers,

Andy.

i'd be happy to buy the top of the range one for £42. but think ill wait until you can source the OE connectors, just so it all fits together a bit better and looks better under the bonnet....which i cant open at the moment :bad-words:

Top of the range for me but again, not sure I want to mess with spade connectors etc. Perhaps some illo's of what wiring up will be required would help visualise. If you supply a female spade that pushes onto the male connector on the back of the light I'd be happy with that I think...

I'll PM you my number in any case...

Who is making these plug n play looms on flebay?

Loom here plus fitting instructions on a PDF

Thats not me... I think the guy who makes them is a member on here. It's not quite plug & play though that one - It uses OE connectors to go on the back of the headlights, but only offers crimp terminals when mating to the original loom.

Cheers,

Andy