Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

What's the worst car you've driven?

For me its got to be a Fiat Uno - horrible driving position for a nasty car. Closely followed by the old dears Saab 900 convertible. Truly barge-like in handling and looks!

Chevrolet Matiz.

Understeer wasnt the word!! almost full lock and straight forwards at low speed was not fun!! and braking was terrorfying, came off a slip road started to brake and nothing at all even standing on the pedal, a quick lane change followed to avoid running striaght into another car!

For most i would assume it's our first car. Mine was a J reg nissan micra, aka the trolly, tin can on wheels or the silver turd (car is silver and reg was J URD)

It's turned into a 'hand me down' i borrowed it of my sister not so long ago and drove it to colchester, was amazed at how unsafe i felt in it!

ford fiesta 1.1 that my sis had for a while, disgusting little car....

for some reason find the fiat panda fun due to its inability to do anything.....

Hyundai Accent (not mine before anyone says :lol:) my mate used one while waiting for his new car to be built and i drove it and it was dreadful, Hamster was right when he said "It really is less fun than drowning!" it was dreadful, it was the 1.3 which was the slowest thing i have ever driven my mate once had to give 3 of his mates a lift so thats 4 in the car and it almost cut out in 2nd gear going up a gradual hill wasnt even steep :shock:. It rolled worse than a big rolly thing, the brakes were terrible and the quality of the interior was basically spit and tissue!

Never again :lol:

either a 1.0 diesel rover metro thing, kensington? i dunno

or a pug 205 1.1 junior

both suffered from not actually having any form of handling, and were terribly slow

I would have to say my Nova, even though I loved it at the time but that was just because it was my first car given to me by my parents when I was 17.

Hyundai Getz, absolute w**k.....

And pointless because they are the same money as their european rivals but a much worse car so i dunno why anyone with a brain would buy one!!

There should be a few Korean cars in here after watching the top gear where they tried to find a good korean car and couldnt :lol:

a few spring to mind, some of you have probably never even heard of them!

lada riva (i think) it's the one that's shaped like you used to draw cars when you were 3! a girl i worked with had one & i swear the brake pedal was 6 inches above the other pedals, truly scary!

morris ital - wallowy piece of utter crap!

yugo yastaza - mate had one that was only 2 year old but was already full of holes! it had a hole in the sill 8x3" that we tried to fix with the lid of a tin of quality streets! oh the exuberance of youth! :lol:

i've driven some utter crap in my times so i'm sure i'll think of others!

Rover 214.

I do remember driving a brand new punto which had a fault with the power steering that caused the steering to move of its own accord. The drive by the forecourt to the valet bay was interesting and after making it without damaging and other cars there was a puddle of coolant on the floor. Much more interesting than driving a Rover though!

Vauxhall Astra 1.4 (Latest Shape), had 4 of them as hire cars and they are awful. The most gutless car I have ever driven by a long shot.

Vauxhall Astra 1.4 (Latest Shape), had 4 of them as hire cars and they are awful. The most gutless car I have ever driven by a long shot.

I've had the estate version of that as a hire car (might have been a 1.6 though) and they are pathetically slow. Think the worst motor I've driven was a 80's nissan sunny I had as a courtesy car two years ago, truly horrible car, even had a coat hanger for an aerial :lol: Never been so embarrassed when driving a car!

Same here. 2005 Vauxhall Astra from Europcar. Awful seats and driving position and ventilation control which are immediately in font of the gear stick so your hand has to do a kind of limbo dance to turn the fan on. The clutch juddered (6K mile car) and it felt like someone had nicked two of the spark plugs it was so slow (it was a 1.6 "Twinport"). A bl00dy awful car!

Aah yes, the Vauxhall Astra, how could I forget - had a GSI before my C, there is no comparison, the C is faster in straight line and easily round the bends. In fact, the astra handled like a sausage roll going round the corners.

Hmm. some walloys US spec Nissan saloon with a slush box when I hired a car in the States a few years ago, ugh. I could pedal faster than that car went....

Over here though, probably either a Rover 100 which was only good for practicing clutchless gearchanges, or works 1.7CTDI Astra Estate, with all of 70-odd hp, no discernable boost, A pillars that made seeing tricky and a weight problem...

I'm sure I can think of more though...

In fairness, I expect some of the cars mentioned were cr^p because the suspension/bushes/steering etc were shot. Peugeor 205, e.g. which has always been regarded as having good handling.

Worst handling car I drove was my father in law's Morris Marina automatic. What a flabby wallower even when new. Exciting, tho, ending up facing oncoming traffic after you had negotiated a bend.

One of Britain's finest - when we were kings.......not. Our car industry was going down the pan fast due to the greed of our car workers who were led like sheep by bolshy shop stewards - often Scots, I am ashamed to say.

Underpowered cars are frustrating and can give you a feeling of vulnerability and insecurity among brisk moving commuters and modern trucks. Fiat Cinquecento courtesy car (hahaha) and our own Citroen Dyane with 602cc spring to mind. The Citroen still remains a favourite, though, for its radical talents driving more modern designs doesnt offer. Honest. :wink:

i was going to say my first car which was a fiat 126 (650cc) complete with holes in the floorpan & clothes prop propping the headlining up aaaah those heady days of my teens.... but on reflection i had a right laugh in it so it could'nt have been that bad !!!! :hic:

no probably the worst car i've ever driven was my father in laws cream coloured hyundai pony....what a complete pile of pooh that was :lol: