Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Arghhhhhh not again

Well I have had my new car what? 2 weeks and yesterday fitted new relays n a new stat and all is working as should. Sunroof, mirrors, spoiler everything. I even have a heater.

Still all this is no good if a young lad tries to jump 2 lanes of traffic by popping out between 2 ar-tic lorries on a duel carrigeway.. Yep he did it totally unsighted on the A556 and just appeared infront of me and bang I hit him...

So car off the Rd :p

pb1.jpg

pb2.jpg

pb3a.jpg

A mate works at a insurance repair centre so took the car over this morning. Had an acessor look at the damage. He's getting back to me Monday. Said it seems to be cosmetic chassis arm is fine and it drives fine so only problem he said will be parts.

My old C is still sitting at my uncles farm with all the bits I need. Well except a colour coded bumper.

Gutted for you mate, that is a really bad run of luck your having!

Hope it gets repaired, don't want to see another nugget get binned

Ad

Ah that a bugger mate, he had no excuse for not seeing you, especially being Yella!!

Hope you get it sorted!

How the hell could he not see you in a nugget! :(

Sorry to hear that matey, what a run of bad luck!

i dont think u should get another!!!!! mind u your makin the g60 a rarer car :D

how bads that,i'd be proper mad!!!thats 2 g60's within a few mths,ya insurance company are gonna be pleased :lol:

hope u get it sorted mate,without the insurance company gettin there hands on it

i dont think u should get another!!!!! mind u your makin the g60 a rarer car :D

how bads that,i'd be proper mad!!!thats 2 g60's within a few mths,ya insurance company are gonna be pleased :lol:

hope u get it sorted mate,without the insurance company gettin there hands on it

HA my mate said that. No more fast cars for you a 1 litre Clio is more you ! There is no way the insurance company are having this car. Downer is my old C is still parked up at my uncles farm with all the parts I need.. Phonecall time I reckon.

surely if he hit you then its his fault and he will have to pay ? doesnt look too bad really, just a few replacement panels and bits and pieces. how could he not spot you in a bright yellow car?? makes you wonder where people are looking more of the time!

What happened is...

J19 of the M6 is a couple of miles from where I live. I was taking the car out after fitting a new stat just a short test run. At the roundabout for J19 there is a pub The Windmill. Next to the windmill is Pickmere lane. There was a Q of ar-tic trucks on the inside lane all wanting the M6. I moved to the outer lane. Meanwhile a gap has opened up between two truck's. One has prob waved this lad through so he can join the traffic as trucks take a while to get through the gears. Instead of joing the lane with the trucks in he decided to shoot out and cross the lanes with no sighting on the outer lane untill he was literally in the damn lane. I just hit him ala T bone style. Clean on the drivers door. He literally appeared infront of me. BANG. I went ape how can you join a duel carriageway with no vision on a lane!!!!!

So didn't really matter what colour my car is he only saw me where I hit him when he had cleared the trucks square on teh drivers door.

So the insurance claim should come from his side.. I'm sure my premium will climb big style. No claims for 8 years not a damn thing. Now 2 in a few weeks.

Took the car to Cheshire autobody repairs this morning. I have a mate who works there. They had an acessor in so he took a look and filled in the paperwork. Said it seems to be cosmetic just that parts will be a problem. Very expensive from VW...I said Ebay he laughed and said exactly.

Have to wait n see.

Did you got any witnesses?? If he crossed the white line of your carrigeway then I would've thought it was his fault??????

Gutted for you mate, When mine got thumped I coughed up myself as my Insurance company were going to right it off (new Rear Quarter)

We Start a Save the Yellow Corrado's Fund or summat!

Did you got any witnesses?? If he crossed the white line of your carrigeway then I would've thought it was his fault??????

Gutted for you mate, When mine got thumped I coughed up myself as my Insurance company were going to right it off (new Rear Quarter)

Yep he did cross the white line. He just popped out and thump. I have photo's of his car and damage. It is obvious I hit him side on so from what I have been told its no contest. Sought of like if you hit somone from behind its always your fault.

I'm just worried about the car. If it gets written off on financial grounds I will buy the car back. I have been told that I will lose the reg No and it will have to be registered on a Q plate! Is this true?

If so I don't really want it on such a plate. :roll:

not sure it has to be a Q?? I thought as long as you had it repaired to a good standard then it could be put back on the road as is. Don't quote me on that though!

Gutted for you either way mate, horrid to see it. At least you cant debate it with yourself, could i have done this that and the other. Situations like that can happen to any of us and there begger all you can do.

Well the report is in.... :roll:

Parts needed upon visual inspection..

Bonett

NSF Wing

FRT Bumper

NS headlamp

Spot assembley in bumper (Both sides)

FRT Panel assembley

Paint and sealer materials = £254.90

Total Labour = £543.90

VAT = £426.25

Grand Total of £2861.95

Which is £39.05 less than what I bought it for. :cry:

With the usual this is only a visual inspection more damage may be found upon rebuild.

I have been given total clearance on the accident and no fault has been attached to me. I am driving a very nice Golf 2.0 turbo D sport as a hire car its very nice. Not to my taste inside nor looks but a cracking motor.

I have done a web parts request and all parts are availble more or less in yellow. Esp bumper n front panel for £670 all in inc deliverey to where ever I need em.

My only prob is that I am claiming of his insurance and I will now have to convince (all over again) that the car is worth more than £300..I am expecting the results of there valuation in soon..

So there ya go. I only got the log book back yesterday morning!!!!!

If thats the value for repairs, looks like it might be a write off. But you may be able to buy it back and repair it for cheap.

Yep he did cross the white line. He just popped out and thump. I have photo's of his car and damage. It is obvious I hit him side on so from what I have been told its no contest. Sought of like if you hit somone from behind its always your fault.

I'm just worried about the car. If it gets written off on financial grounds I will buy the car back. I have been told that I will lose the reg No and it will have to be registered on a Q plate! Is this true?

If so I don't really want it on such a plate. :roll:

I dont deal with claims but it sounds like you have a case if he has pulled out in front of you!

Dont worry, looking at the damage the car wont be q-plated.

Best of luck with it, let me know if i can help in any way with any insurance advice for a fellow nugget owner! As i said i dont deal with claims but still may be able to find out!

Martin :)

My only prob is that I am claiming of his insurance and I will now have to convince (all over again) that the car is worth more than £300..I am expecting the results of there valuation in soon..

I dont think you will mate, ive heard many times that ive you are in an accident that is not your fault you can demand that the other aprties insurance company has the car fully restored to its before accident condition.

Maybe someone here can confirm but ive had a few friends on overclockers forum do exactly the same thing.

I dont think you will mate, ive heard many times that ive you are in an accident that is not your fault you can demand that the other aprties insurance company has the car fully restored to its before accident condition.

Maybe someone here can confirm but ive had a few friends on overclockers forum do exactly the same thing.

Thankyou very much for that. Its all ammo for the letter n phone calls that are to come. I tole em that this is a cult car and worth every penny. I shall find out more on monday.

Cheers