mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Ah man. Just read this whole thread. Simply amazing. You have put so much work into her and at the price you've advertised is a steal for someone.

Damn shame you have to sell, I'm thinking about having another and I really like what you've done with this, I just dont have the cash right now, I'll keep an eye on this

Can you make a formal For Sale post please Mic, if this is indeed the case.

Cheers.

*edit* Nevermind - can see you have. Sorry you're selling up Mic!

Cheers guys, I know what you're saying and I really don't want to sell it as I feel I'm only halfway to where I wanted to get it. But now my folks have moved from a couple of miles away to a 2 hours drive I've lost my workshop and with no drive, no garage and no prospect of getting it stored somewhere so I can do the work needed. I walk to work, live in the middle of the city so cycle most places and the wifes diesel gets used for long journeys so I'm stuggling to justify having it parked up not being used.

Hopefully someone will see it's a bargain and finish it off to where it could be an outstanding example of a modified (appropriately IMO) Corrado.

Great car but sometimes needs must. No point keeping somthing that is financially draining or not getting used because of emotional attachment. You will regret it a lot but Id be doing the same in your position. If my VR starts to get under used then it will go as well. Id rather it was getting used and enjoyed than sitting in a garage doing nothing going to waste.

Which is exactly what mine's doing. All I've done in the last month is paint the 24V block with hammerite :lol:

Have to agree, I'd feel the same and as we discussed, it's not like Corrados are so rare you'll never get one again some day! Damn you Mic, so now it's up to me to sort the 24v turbo stuff out :lol:

it's not like Corrados are so rare you'll never get one again some day!

Yes - but will it be as good? Each to their own but I've taken the decision to store mine while I head down-under as having done the chains, heater matrix and plenty of other upgrades I don't fancy doing all of that again.

No not yet, seen a B6 2004 S4 I really want just need to sell our cars. Would take £1800 for it and £2200 for the impreza as it's more than the px value they will give.

S4? Nice one. They seem a popular choice at the moment and why not, great cars. Hope you can shift the others and get it.

Bullfinch - you're lucky to have somewhere to store it, my problem is living in city centre and having the car just sat on the road all the time. If I had somewhere appropriate to keep it I would.

can't you get a lock up or rent a garage or something?

I mean it doesn't even need to be that close to you if you don't need to use it that often.

Well garages/lockups in Cambridge are a minimum of £100pm if you're lucky, the council haven't got anything near me. I was hoping a family friend could store it but he's already got a workshop full of TR2's that he's rebuilding.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know but at the moment selling seems like the sensible solution.

I can store it for you in Yorkshire.

Yea it's a nice car for us with 2 kids but not looking forward to the fuel bill

I can store it for you in Yorkshire.

Yea it's a nice car for us with 2 kids but not looking forward to the fuel bill

Cheers for the offer mate, you're a gent. Might be a little tricky to administer though....

Having a proper crisis of mind this evening. Been roaming the forum all night, looking at old threads etc and really not sure what to do. Keep thinking of things I've done to it, even added a few items to the sale ad I'd forgotten, and wondering if I'm doing the right thing here.

Heart says, sod it stump up the money and keep it, but head says take off the wheels and brakes to see if anyone wants the car at a lower price and sell those seperately. Either way I need to make a final decision because I think the wife might kill me if I carry on moaning about it. I'm off to bed to worry about it and see if anything is different in the morning....

I wouldn't start pullin it apart just yet, you've only just advertised it and the wheels and brakes are a main selling point along with the engine, I'd give it a couple of weeks, maybe advertise it elsewhere

My 2p: I'd keep the brakes and wheels on for now, and get those paintwork issues sorted. Surely if the cars not being used much anyway you can afford to leave it with a paintshop for a couple of weeks; to do in their spare time,it should bring the cost down a bit.

A 24v with sorted paint, wheels and brakes (+the rest you've done) is going to be a lot more attractive to potential buyers, as well as making you happier to own it, and maybe even encourage you to drive it more.

Also, have you thought about getting a car-cover for it? Would help protect the paint, and keep it nice and shiny between drives.

£100pm is insane. Even in oxford it's like £30 a month.

Not really. That below the norm for Aberdeen city, if its got power and lights your speaking about £120+ a month. I got a deal through a friend of a friend and it still costs me £50 a month thats without power or lights. Location location location.

Dont sell the wheels and brakes just yet. See if there is any interest first or you could sell them and use that money to either get the paint fixed or pay for a lock up for a wee while so you can think it over properly.

drive it up to Dundee mate... I'll not buy it off you but you can just leave it with me if you like. I'll take GOOD care of it :twisted:

but seriously, a council lock up to just stick it in is usually between £35-45 (depending on the council and size of lock-up) but they tend to be dank and old. I'd get a good car cover and mull it over for a while. At least that way it wont be getting wet while you wait. :thumbleft: