mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

I'd love to get the bodywork done but that just isn't on the cards right now.

It's getting a full valet tomorrow so I can get some new pics and create a more polished advert on here and places like pistonheads and then I'm going to leave it for a few weeks. I'm fairly busy now until mid June so wouldn't have time to remove bits anyway.

Alex, Kev - if you want to borrow it and give it a full review you're more than welcome (appropriate insurance pending)

Could you take a couple of pics of the "bad" bits please, I have just sold a plot of ground, but dont get the cash for a while yet, if I can raise it some other way, we could have a deal

The pics of the bad bits are all in this thread somewhere but once its been cleaned tomorrow I'll get some fresh ones for you mate.

Can you stick some pics up of the interior as well please. I've got a dilemma now as to whether i should sell mine buy yours.

Could you take a couple of pics of the "bad" bits please, I have just sold a plot of ground, but dont get the cash for a while yet, if I can raise it some other way, we could have a deal

if you buy it mate and need it driving up to sunny st andrews, i could drive it up to you mate. but when you come to sell the wheels (about a week) i want them lol

karl

Can you stick some pics up of the interior as well please. I've got a dilemma now as to whether i should sell mine buy yours.

Will do mate.

if you buy it mate and need it driving up to sunny st andrews, i could drive it up to you mate. but when you come to sell the wheels (about a week) i want them lol

karl

Karl, do you think for one minute I would miss the opportunity of driving this all the way back home :grin: as for the wheels, I love them :cool: maybe change the colour though

Karl, do you think for one minute I would miss the opportunity of driving this all the way back home :grin: as for the wheels, I love them :cool: maybe change the colour though

no not really Bill lol

Ok, Mincy went for a full valet today at the Cambridge Valet Centre. Lovely bunch of guys, explained everything they did and also went through what they would do if I left it with them for a few days (for a mere £500 they thought they could sort most things apart from the rust) but that's not really possible at the moment. But I would say it was well worth the £95. And in typical UK fashion it absolutely belted it down with rain here most of the day so the guys said I could leave it in their unit and pick it up tomorrow once it's hopefully a bit dryer out.

Managed to get a few pics but will get more in the day light tomorrow. So, for Bill - Bad bits:

DSCF1656.jpg

DSCF1654.jpg

DSCF1653.jpg

And for Kris (and everyone else I guess :lol:) Interior:

DSCF1667.jpg

DSCF1669.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

Drivers Seat

DSCF1666.jpg

Passenger Seat

DSCF1658.jpg

DSCF1659.jpg

DSCF1657.jpg

DSCF1663.jpg

I would now class the interior as 95% mint. I'd certainly challenge people to find any problems. I already knew the interior was almost spot on, just a needing a clean but I'm really impressed with how it's turned out. Also note the brand new OEM corrado mats that were only fitted today at the same time, think I should up my asking price!!!!

General pics:

DSCF1673.jpg

DSCF1665.jpg

DSCF1670.jpg

DSCF1671.jpg

Hopefully this is enough for now, I'll try to get more tomorrow but I am planning on spending the day at the Cambridge beerfest so lets face it I probably won't get anymore posting done until Saturday......... afternoon...... :lol:

Cheers Mic, no worse than I thought really, damn shame about the keying, I'll see what I can do to raise the cash, but obviously if you get someone else willing to buy it, don't hesitate to sell, hopefully not!

That body work is actually quite minor! And I certainly don't think it would take £500 to fix, they did a good job on the upultry though mate, nice one!

That arch rust, could you not have a go at cleaning that up yourself? up to the priming stage at least then just give it to someone to paint that panel.

if whoever buys this car need a rust free section so they can get it welded in and painted, drop me a pm and i will cut the part from off my shell.

That body work is actually quite minor! And I certainly don't think it would take £500 to fix, they did a good job on the upultry though mate, nice one!

That arch rust, could you not have a go at cleaning that up yourself? up to the priming stage at least then just give it to someone to paint that panel.

If I was feeling braver I might give it a go but to be honest bodywork scares me a bit and I'd kick myself if I made it even worse for someone.

Well had a bit of interest in the car over the past few day which is nice, including an email from the guy who did the valet asking for some more details! Secretly I'm still hoping it'll go to a forum member so i know they've got an interest in them.... but maybe I'm being a bit picky on that front.... :lol:

Still no offers? Unbelievable.....

I've seen something I want to replace this so if anyone is still interested try me with an offer.

Get it on PistonHeads if you haven't had any interest yet mate.. I reckon you'll get a few calls then!

Still no offers? Unbelievable.....

I've seen something I want to replace this so if anyone is still interested try me with an offer.

I am still very interested Mic, just dont have the cash at the moment, bank point blank refused a loan, BARSTEWARDS!

Yeah I keep meaning to sort a pistonheads add, I'm just a bit sceptical about it as a site as I've never used it before. Anyone sold a car through there?

i sold my impreza wr1 on pistonheads; advertised it on saturday night, then watched it drive away on sunday afternoon!

the only thing i would say about advertising it there is that you'll probably get a lot of silly offers and people not knowing what they're buying etc etc.

seeing as it's free though it's certainly worth a punt.

I sold my green VR through Pistonheads- no probs at all. Go for it- it's free and has a large audience.

When I was looking I checked three places regularly; the forum, Autotrader and Pistonheads. Get it on there :)

GLWS mate, I hope it goes rather soon as i'm getting itchy fingers again and don't seem to get along with my mk4 lol.

Ok I'm going to be brave and put the car on pistonheads tonight. Finished a long stretch at work which has meant people could come and view anyway but no I've got some free time/weekends.

Roll on the punters! :lol:

Ok I'm going to be brave and put the car on pistonheads tonight. Finished a long stretch at work which has meant people could come and view anyway but no I've got some free time/weekends.

Roll on the punters! :lol:

Hope your ready for test driver boy racers....

Well I've now taxed the C until end of Dec, and it'll soon have a full 12 months mot.

Still no takers, and a new toy on its way..... might call for desperate measures soon :lol:

I'm no further forward Mic, didn't bother contacting you as I didn't want to get in the road of any other potential buyers