mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Evening all! I see its all become clear now :lol:

Basically I got bored to moaning to myself, and anyone that would listen, about the fact that the R32 wasn't Mincy so I thought I'd do something about it. PM'd Bill with a tentative 'would you be interested in selling?' and with a potential deal on the table sold the R32 on edition38, raided my piggy bank, drove the R32 to North Yorkshire yesterday afternoon and did the deal on that, then a hotel, then to Bills this morning and now I'm home with Mincy!

Did I make the right choice? 100% yes! Haven't stopped smiling all day.

It was great being back in a corrado but something didn't kind of fit with my memories... I thought it was just me looking back with rose tinted glasses but as soon as I got into the car today it felt right, and the 7 hour drive home was perfect, just how I remember it.

I've been kicking myself for selling him for 2 years but glad it was to Bill who has done a great job looking after him and the paint is amazing! Photos don't do it justice.

So it's been a long 2 days but could not be happier... Now we get to see if my son notices the corrado has changed colour :lol:

Sorry Bill, got home about an 90 mins ago but had to do some family time so forgot to text you. Thanks again mate, I really appreciate this. You're a legend.

I remember you talking about Mincy at Castle Combe so I did wonder when I saw you'd sold the R32! Glad it's all sorted itself out and it sounds like it was definitely the right decision. Mic and Mincy reunited!! What a happy tale! Well done :)

I totally understand the reasoning. Does that mean Bill is Corrado less then.....?

Yup... the plot thickens :lol:

Evening all! I see its all become clear now :lol:

Basically I got bored to moaning to myself, and anyone that would listen, about the fact that the R32 wasn't Mincy so I thought I'd do something about it. PM'd Bill with a tentative 'would you be interested in selling?' and with a potential deal on the table sold the R32 on edition38, raided my piggy bank, drove the R32 to North Yorkshire yesterday afternoon and did the deal on that, then a hotel, then to Bills this morning and now I'm home with Mincy!

Did I make the right choice? 100% yes! Haven't stopped smiling all day.

It was great being back in a corrado but something didn't kind of fit with my memories... I thought it was just me looking back with rose tinted glasses but as soon as I got into the car today it felt right, and the 7 hour drive home was perfect, just how I remember it.

I've been kicking myself for selling him for 2 years but glad it was to Bill who has done a great job looking after him and the paint is amazing! Photos don't do it justice.

So it's been a long 2 days but could not be happier... Now we get to see if my son notices the corrado has changed colour :lol:

Sorry Bill, got home about an 90 mins ago but had to do some family time so forgot to text you. Thanks again mate, I really appreciate this. You're a legend.

Glad you got home safely Mic and old Mincy is back where he belongs, was real sad seeing/hearing him drive away though :puppydogeyes:

Edited by BILLCOR

Yep, cheers guys.... I'm proper chuffed!

Hope it at least sounded good whilst it pulled up the road Bill?

Still remember my test drive of that car back when it still had the 12V engine - the TechTonics exhaust note was absolutely superb :)

Yep, cheers guys.... I'm proper chuffed!

Hope it at least sounded good whilst it pulled up the road Bill?

Sounded superb mate :thumbleft:

Glad you got it back okay! You should have your sat nav back soon haha. (It's Patrick who bought your old corrado)

I have to say you weren't wrong about the paint job, it looks great! What're your plans for it now then?

Haha, yeah sorry about that but it was all a rush. Just glad it wasn't completely lost as its actually the wife's! :lol:

The paint is amazing, such a good job the pics don't really do it justice. Plans for now are sort a few little niggles, nothing major, and drive it a bit. I'm on he look out for a garage or lock up here so I can get it off the street..... Then maybe something a bit fruity in the engine bay.

Extremely large snail bolted on> garage> single digit mpg fuel costs :thumbleft: But yeah definitely sounds like a good idea to find a lock up, im always paranoid parking on the street! How does it handle on 17's out of interest?

A rose between two thorns!

2E7C519C-756A-41D1-A223-C379D61BF76E-1598-000000DE904EC2A4.jpg

And because I'm now obsessed with my car again one from work this morning..... after a quick edit.

9461C375-3542-4B9D-8503-A3D75DAFD2D2-3045-0000020B889348E1.jpg

Pat, the handling on 17s is excellent. But the Rota's are very light wheels which helps.

Looks so good, i want new paint now.

I think you need silver rims though.

I agree with Jim; car looks in great shape but just not feeling the black rims against the blue paint.

....your car though so I'll shut up now!

M.

Wheels, wheels, wheels....... Well if it was just looks I was after then I'd be going for something else in the wheel department (probably Bill's CH's) but the Rota's are really light which to me makes the handling better, and they work well with the AP 4pots giving good venting and clearance. I still like them in the gun metal grey but if they got to the point of needing a refurb I'd probably go silver.

Bill, the Koni's are excellent IMO. Just the right balance with handling and suppleness. Was giving him a spirited ride home last night and even throwing it into corners I was only getting a slight chirp from the tyres and cornering as flat as a pancake. Perfect!

After hearing mixed reviews on the Koni shocks/springs I was a little worried but I'd highly recommend the coilovers to anyone.... even if they aren't cheap.

Wheels, wheels, wheels....... Well if it was just looks I was after then I'd be going for something else in the wheel department (probably Bill's CH's) but the Rota's are really light which to me makes the handling better, and they work well with the AP 4pots giving good venting and clearance. I still like them in the gun metal grey but if they got to the point of needing a refurb I'd probably go silver.

Bill, the Koni's are excellent IMO. Just the right balance with handling and suppleness. Was giving him a spirited ride home last night and even throwing it into corners I was only getting a slight chirp from the tyres and cornering as flat as a pancake. Perfect!

After hearing mixed reviews on the Koni shocks/springs I was a little worried but I'd highly recommend the coilovers to anyone.... even if they aren't cheap.

Just what I thought as well, had them on my Storm a few years back and couldn't fault them, not as harsh as the KW's I had on the last VR