mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

They're hard to come by these days Phil! :lol:

Don't know what's going on with VW and those coils, I'll ask the parts guys at work to have a look into it for you and see if we can get a rough date on delivery.

As for my car, it's not as tidy up close but it's not the worst. Will be even better when I'm done with it next year..... might even try to get to a few more shows in it!

Get the decent speakers on and turn it up!

Edited by mic_VR

:clap: , I want my old one back now.....is that still with the Techtonics exhaust?

Yep but Graham's made a custom exhaust manifold for the 24v conversion. I'll do a full write up when I get time but thought people might like the noise.

Mmm, sounds really nice. How long did that take you? :lol:

A while! :lol:

It really is an excellent job Dave and Graham have done though, I've got a video of the Castle Combe session and a trip from the DG office around some back roads which shows how well it handles now.

Its a great conversion - goes like stink . Mick was good enough to hand me the keys for a blast up an down the D&G test track while he tested my Storm. When its idling its very quiet so a real stealth machine 8)

agreed, sounds much better than i thought the 24v would sound, almost VR6-ish. Really impressive!

flol, i was watching the vid, then at 15seconds i thought that noise was the car starting up :lol: thought you had a helicopter engine for a 2nd :wave:

Mics car has a Techtonics exhaust on it.. wish they were easy to get over here as it sounds absolutely awesome. Sounded brilliant with the 12V VR6 and seems like it's "travelled" well onto the 24V :)

Its a great conversion - goes like stink . Mick was good enough to hand me the keys for a blast up an down the D&G test track while he tested my Storm. When its idling its very quiet so a real stealth machine 8)

Glad you liked it mate, was nice to drive a 12v straight away after as well to give a back to back feel for it. And yours is a lovely example which makes it even better, only downside is your brakes have highlighted just how poor mine really are. Must get the 4 pots fitted ASAP! :lol:

Mics car has a Techtonics exhaust on it.. wish they were easy to get over here as it sounds absolutely awesome. Sounded brilliant with the 12V VR6 and seems like it's "travelled" well onto the 24V :)

It certainly has travelled well, if anything the low down rumble has increased slightly but thankfully out on the road and cruising its still lovely and quiet. That exhaust really was one of my best purchases, thanks to Kev for pointing me in that direction.

Glad you all like it, I'll be sure to get the rest of the info/videos up soon and anyone coming to the CCGB national day is welcome to have a quick spin to see what you think.

Has Graham thought about getting anymore 24v conversion manifolds done? I've been pushing myself to finally do the 24v conversion after my first failed attempt but things like the exhaust not fitting right is an utter put off. Sounds lovely though, another thing that concerned me was loosing that amazing VR6 rumble but that sounds brilliant!

@ Jim, getting them is not hard at all. I got one shipped one over in 3 days.

100% agree, easy to get hold of. Only problem is the exchange rates at the moment. I was lucky and got $2:£1 but currently the 2.5" with Dual Borlas is $650, plus $150 shipping/packing etc is $800 at todays rate is £515 before duty and VAT so not cheap.

Anyone thinking about one though I would say it is beautifully made, fits perfectly and easy to adjust, also it's all 2.5" so no restrictive kink over the rear axle.

Finally its only 9-10kg when compared to well over 20kg on the standard system. I'd happily pay the money again if I needed one.

Sounds better than my 32 imo 8)

A Techtonics exhaust (or similar) is definitely on my list of things I want to get in the future. My Miltek is only 2 1/4" bore and it's bit crusty underneath plus it booms like a b@stard at 70mph when hot! :censored:

Has Graham thought about getting anymore 24v conversion manifolds done? I've been pushing myself to finally do the 24v conversion after my first failed attempt but things like the exhaust not fitting right is an utter put off. Sounds lovely though, another thing that concerned me was loosing that amazing VR6 rumble but that sounds brilliant!

I'm sure he'd be happy to make more mate, either PM him or Dave as I can remember exactly how they got it all to fit.

Must admit I was really thinking about the noise as I'm still going to turbo it, but it's a very very welcome turn up for the books that it does sound so good as I'll be driving it around like this for a couple of months to iron out any issues that crop up.

A Techtonics exhaust (or similar) is definitely on my list of things I want to get in the future. My Miltek is only 2 1/4" bore and it's bit crusty underneath plus it booms like a b@stard at 70mph when hot! :censored:

Must get over to see you mate and return the favour of that ride out. You've got the 6 branch on yours haven't you?

Must get over to see you mate and return the favour of that ride out. You've got the 6 branch on yours haven't you?

Yeah I've got the Dubpower 6 branch on mine, lovely looking and well made downpipes, just don't fit right :bad-words:

Yeah definitely pop over some time mate, I'm on my own now back in Rushden give us a shout next time you're in the area!

very very nice, sounds like a 12v but then you get a hint that something has happened in the engine department 8) what happened at 1.18min did dave fall over :lol:

and you have put some timber on since the last time i saw you mate, is that why you needed more power :lol:

wow, looks and sounds ace in this mate, if you dont mind me asking or dont wanna announce it, how much was it! pm me if you wanna as i am seriously considering this route but am almost useless with tools! so would be looking to drive in and drive out!

and you have put some timber on since the last time i saw you mate, is that why you needed more power :lol:

That's married life for ya! :lol:

Sounds well nice in the vid mate looking forwrd to seeing it at national day

enjoy it :D

Looking forward to catching up at the national day, unfortunately we won't be able to make it until Sunday. You still going on Saturday?

Yeah mate will be around all weekend round york as the racing continues on monday :clap:

Plenty of room at york raceway for camping :norty: